I love every year when "Kamie Day" rolls around. Once a year my aunt Kamie hosts a backyard gathering extraordinaire. We were so sad this year because the party was scheduled back in June and there was no way(because of this crazy office :) that we could make it. We were thrilled, to say the least, when Kamie changed the date to the 4th of July because then we could make an ultra quick trip up and be there! By ultra quick I mean...leave Friday, party Saturday, come home Sunday. But we LOVED every minute of it and we were glad we went! Also, a giant thank you to Zane and Jamey for letting us stop in for a last minute visit...we LOVE YOU GUYS!
This year's Kamie day began with family photos...gotta love those :) There was a smudge on my lens so they look a little cloudy, but luckily we were using KayLynn's camera for the "for real" pictures not my little smudged one.
All the grandkids....seriously can we freeze this moment in time?!?
How they REALLY feel about standing nice and still for a photo when they'd rather be jumping in Kamie's pool that was calling their name!
Oldest to youngest...
Kamie...the hostest with the mostest and her great friend Peggy!
Loved the waterslide...
Loved the cookies that I ate WAY too many of...
Loved the neighbor who let the kids play on their swingset (even though they'll never know...let Sydney steal one of their beautiful raspberries...she couldn't control herself :)
Love that the adults are as into the BINGO game as the kids...
Love that KayLynn's face looks so serous in this picture...she REALLY wants to win one of Kamie's prizes (come on...who doesn't want a giant pen from Staples)!
Love that Bryleen loves this doggie and spoils him like there's no tomorrow. I also love that he loves her right back!!!
Love craft projects of many shapes and sizes for kids of any age!














11 comments:
Love you thats what I love and I love your posts=) Is that dog Beau?
Carrie,
I'm shocked and thrilled that I'm only your second comment! Yes! Just kidding. I just know you have a lot of comments, and it's fun to put mine in there before everyone says what I wanted to say :) This post was fabulous!!! I SO want to come to the party next year! No, really I won't. But you did a great job of making the rest of us want an Aunt Kami also! I'm glad you had such a grand time. The pictures were fabulous. YOU are fabulous!
Can I come next year? I wanna go down that slide...:)
Can I come next year? I wanna go down that slide...:)
We LOVED seeing you guys too... even if it was for one brief day!! Sorry it was so crazy. I think Sherry is a better hostess than me. Hopefully we'll get to see you guys again SOON!
Looved all the pictures. I think your parents need some more grandsons. We have the opposite problem-- All boys! Looked like fun. I haven't seen Peggy in years and years.
That was a quick trip, but looked very worth it!
We had a going away party for Keri Stewart last night at Pancho and Lefty's...so sad the she is leaving, but onto another adventure just like you.
Miss you.
That looks like SO much fun! I am glad you got a break...even if it was just a small one!
LOVE YOU!
Love Love Kamie day also, And love love Kamie!! I haven't even looked at the group shots yet, what a slacker I am! I think the reason I looked so serious is that I am not a very good listener, and with my card and helping Joslynn I was probably totally lost! :)
We are wondering if Kamie could adopt us. She is so wonderful!!! I loved the silly picture with your Mom and Dad.
Hmmm, I wish I had a cool aunt to do a special day. . . Just kidding. I love my aunts; they are awesome. What a fun way to spend the 4th.
Post a Comment