Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Tradition....Tradition!

For many years now my entire family has been meeting for a mini-vacation down in St. George. Exactly how many years has this tradition been happening? I can't quite remember, I do know that Kallie was a baby when the annual gathering began (I think...). But we look forward to it all year long! Each year my sisters and our spouses go to the plays at the outdoor Tuacahn Theater while grandma & grandpa keep all 9 grandkids in their hotel room. They do projects, they watch movies, they walk to McDonalds for ice cream...my girls LOVE going to grandma & grandpa's hotel room. This year we saw the plays "Annie" and "Footloose". Very fun and we are already excited about going next year. THANKS GRANDPA & GRANDMA!!!

Kallie & Syd have been dying for some snorkeling gear & Target just happened to have some on sale for a really good price down in St. George. I walked all the way back to our room to get my camera because I couldn't pass up this photo!

Photobucket


Glad I went and got it or I would have missed this cute face too! I tried to get one with all the girls together, but they didn't turn out so well :)
Photobucket


I didn't really take any more pictures of the trip until Sunday when we met my parents in Zions. We have an annual pass that expires in August so we figured we had to get at least one more trip in before then.

Here we all are just hanging out in the shade & enjoying the entertainment of rushing tour busses that stop & unload tons of Asian people with cameras. They take a few shots & a quick look around and fast as lightning they are back on the bus and on their way. Very fun to watch!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

You just can't quite grasp the magnitude of this overlook. It is AMAZING! No photo can do it justice...just head down and see it for yourself!
Photobucket


My girl is growing up...sniff...
Photobucket

Photobucket


I've said it before, and I'll say it again- Dan is freakishly strong for his small size :)
Photobucket

What a fun trip, we're so glad we got to go and get away from our craziness even just for a couple of days! Thanks again Mom & Dad!

11 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

AW! I miss you guys! BAD! I totally want to come back! Would it be crazy if I said August?! Will I melt....SURELY I WOULD MELT! It would be worth it! I can't wait to see you again SOON!

Kristin and Jay said...

Look how tall your girls are getting! I can't believe its almost been a year since we have seen them! Kallie is going to be taller than you soon!!! that is sad....sniff!

Darlene said...

You always get the cutest pictures. I love the one with Dan and the girls on his back.

Your trip looks like so much fun. I want to start some tradition like that with my family. I will have to think of some ideas soon.

Brooke said...

I agree with Darlene, I love the pictures you take! I am glad you guys had a TERRIFIC time with your family! It looks like you had a well deserved brake!!

What a fun family tradition!

Norris Clan said...

Hey carrie!!!
It's Crystal! I just barely started this new blog thing and am trying to get the hang of it... I love the pictures ! Everyone is so big!

Megan said...

Looks like a blast! Glad you could get away for bit!! :)

Kara said...

Love the pictures. Looks like you guys had a great time. Can you believe Im going back to idaho? I can't haha.=)We miss you guys!

Queenie said...

Beautiful little family! Those girls are so stinkin' cute. I am glad you had your traditional vacay! It looked like it was alot of fun! Sure do miss you. I think I am feeling a Vegas trip coming on!!

KayLynn said...

Kallie is almost all grown up in that picture, until you notice she is caring around a stick! Thankfully her heart is younger than her body. We had tons of fun, and also are looking forward to next year.

Maci said...

hey Carrie does Kallie have a retaner?

Allens, Inc. said...

You should have gotten on the dog pile! I love your pictures and your family.

A.