Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Things I've learned...

**I've learned...that I've really been neglecting my blog. Things have been so busy lately, but I know we all feel that way about our lives. No matter where we live, no matter how many kids we have, no matter how big our house is, no matter if we work or not...life is crazy! I find myself wondering how to fit all the "most important" things into each day...I have yet to find the answer.

**I've learned that when you're out at 6:00 in the morning jogging with your hubby you need to keep an eye out for rattle snakes that might be sitting right on the side of the trail. You might not even know they're there until they start shaking their rattler at you. Just when you think you can't jog another step...somehow you muster up the strength to do it :)

**I've learned that it's probably not the best idea to try and cut your own children's hair just to save a few dollars. There is a reason that people go to school to do this. Also, if it doesn't look quite right, stop...and drive to the nearest salon...DON'T KEEP CUTTING!


**I've learned that this is the reason I love Sunday afternoons...
Photobucket


**I've learned that just because your kids save up their very own money to buy hermit crabs that you just might leave the pet store with something totally different. You just might wonder what your hubby will say when he gets home to find these very different looking "hermit crabs"... (meet Sunshine & Sky)
Photobucket


**I've learned that pet birds are actually pretty fun to have around. They weren't that fun hanging out in the kitchen, but they're perfect in the front room where we can see them and hear them but it's not quite as loud as the kitchen.
Photobucket


**I've learned (especially over the last year) how grateful I am for my dad & Dan's dad. Sometimes when you're feeling a little lost it's such an amazing, reassuring blessing to know that there is always someone you can call. Even if he's in the middle of something at work, he always seems to have a minute right when you need him to. To quote Elder Ballard: "Some of life's most meaningful teachings come from those who have gone before you. They have walked where you are walking & have experienced many of the things you are experiencing. If you listen & respond to their counsel, they can guide you toward choices that will be for your benefit & blessing & steer you away from decisions that can destroy you. As you look to your parents & others who have gone before you, you will find examples of faith, commitment, hard work, dedication, & sacrifice that you should strive to duplicate." Dan said as we were driving away from church on Sunday, "My dad & your dad are two of the best people I know. They are true examples of hard work, dedication and total honesty." Dad & Lanny...we love you and consider you and your beautiful wives some of our very, very greatest blessings.
Photobucket

(I stole your picture Rach...I hope you don't mind :)
Photobucket


**I've also learned that I love this guy A LOT! Sometimes struggles bring you way closer than you were before. Sometimes working together makes you proud of your hubby for what he does and how he does it. Sometimes you need someone to make you laugh when you're really not in the mood. Sometimes your kids miss him a lot when he's gone late at night and it's a very touching experience hearing them sincerely pray for him. Happy Father's Day!
Photobucket

**And last but not least...I've learned that even when it's 102 degrees outside the hot tub still fills good after a swim in the pool! Come visit me and see for yourself! Happy Tuesday :)

11 comments:

Diane said...

Love the hermit crabs, love the Sunday afternoon, lover your Mom and Dad, Love the picture of Dan, and I especially love you!!! Remember to "Just keep Swimming"

Kara said...

Oh how I have missed posts by Carrie. I could totally hear your voice saying all of that. Do you realize how much longer birds live than hermit crabs? haha
Love and miss you!

Adrie Peterson said...

Carrie,
I'm glad to hear from you again! I know you are so busy, but it's really great to know what you think/feel about life. Have a happy Wednesday :)

Allens, Inc. said...

I've learned...that I need to read your blog when I'm feeling annoyed with life and almost everyone in it! Thanks.

Julie Freeman said...

I love your outlook on life and how it makes me want to be better.

{Jamey} said...

Great Post Carrie! And thanks for complimenting my pictures! I'm not quite as good as you, but I'm learning, and maybe sometime when you're visiting you can give me some pointers! :) We miss you guys! You need to come visit SOON!

KayLynn said...

So your life has officially gone to the birds! :) It's not 102 here but a pool would sure feel nice, maybe even the hot tub. That gazebo is great indoors, tea party here we come.

Jelina said...

Beautiful post, Carrie. Thanks! I'm sure glad we blog. Things that make you think.

[BrookeO] said...

C.
Do you know how much I love ya?
I do!
:)

Jeppson Clan said...

You are one awesome lady.
Great pictures all of them. Congrats on getting "crabs" ha ha.

Just Us said...

Sunshine and Sky are beautiful. What a perfect little addition to your family.
I love your blog posts too. You always say something that inspires me. I am truly inspired by you. I love you!