Thursday, August 13, 2009

Summer Vacation...

While most of your summer vacations are wrapping up and kids are heading back to school, ours here in Las Vegas is just beginning. All two weeks of it that is! The last day of school was Friday, August 7th and the first day of school is Monday, August 24th. I do have pictures of my girlies last day...which I intend to post sometime soon :).

So as part of my girls two week long summer break we headed off to Flagstaff to visit Diane and family. We can't tell you how excited we are that they live 3 1/2 hrs away now(give or take depending on the traffic at Hoover Dam). We also have some Iowa friends that we are excited to go visit there too!

One thing is for sure...I can't get over how BEEEEEAUTIFUL Flagstaff is! Maybe because Vegas is, shall we say, not so much. We took the kids down by the creek at West Fork one night and they had a blast! They said they wanted to live there forever, to tell you the truth I did too.

Photobucket


I told Spencer to show me his muscles and this is the pose he came up with :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


All the kids were having tons of fun hunting down blackberries that were ripe. I learned two things about blackberries that night: #1- just because they're black doesn't mean they're ripe #2- those are some seriously mean bushes, they will grab you and rip you to shreds if you let them!
Photobucket


The loot!
Photobucket


Looks like Vegas (just kiddin')...
Photobucket


Spencer worked long and hard at this TeePee to use for fires and cooking. He thought they might need something since they all were seriously planning on living down by the creek permanently.
Photobucket

Photobucket


Oh how we all love those little twins (crazy hair and all)!
Photobucket


Perfectly lovely!
Photobucket

My girls stayed with Diane for a few extra days so they didn't have to spend any more time at the office than necessary (bless you Diane). I'm still trying to decide if I'm glad I went, because I am really having some Flagstaff depression. It's always hard to come home back to real life reality after spending a few days relaxing. If the Norris family comes up missing...look down by the creek and you might just find us cooking up some dinner on Spencer's tee-pee.

14 comments:

{Jamey} said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
{Jamey} said...

Oooo...Pretty! I'm having summer withdralws so maybe we need to go to Flagstaff too! Your pictures are very pretty! I love the one of the Bridge with the grass in front :0)

Megan said...

Lovely pictures! (As usual!) Who from Iowa did you visit in Flagstaff? I think the Oldroyd's live there but not sure who else! I am so glad you had some fun! Yay!

Amanda said...

Wow I had no idea such places existed in Arizona! Looks like a nice refreshing break. You should do that more often:)

{Lindsey} said...

WOW! Who knew there was such a place in the state of Arizona! Looks beautiful.

Holly Ogden said...

Looks fun and relaxing. I love the picture of the flower and bee...you are so talented.

KayLynn said...

Let me know how the tent city comes along. We may just join you soon :) It doesn't look like there is much traffic on that bridge so our requirements would be met. As I see it it may be the only place I've seen in a long time not under construction. Oh and I LOVED the birthday song...at least I think that was you :)

{Jamey} said...

Mason's baptism will be on Saturday August 29th. They moved it up a week because of Labor Day weekend. I'm sending out announcements this week (well it's on my "To Do" list... we'll see if it actally get's done), but we'd love to see you guys if you can come :0)

Jelina said...

Beautiful pictures! We were only 2 hrs away from Flagstaff when we lived in AZ. I loved visiting there. It is so gorgeous!

Jeppson Clan said...

Carrie,
you are so talented! looks like your girlies had a great time!
i loved your "shuffling" post too. i'm training for a half marathon right now and basically that's what i do is shuffle. i'd like to blame it on my injured tailbone, but let's face it, i too am a shuffler.

is your life ever going to slow down so you can fly out here and visit me and holly?

M. McEwen said...

Hey Carrie!!

I "grew up" (well - sort of) in Flagstaff!! None of my family lives there anymore, so I rarely get to go back. It IS a great place to live and raise a family. I have lots of good memories there. Loved your pics!

-Mary

Adrie Peterson said...

Carrie,
This was a fun post. I can't figure out why I missed it earlier? Anywho, it looks like you had a marvelous time, and I LOVE all of your pictures...you are truly gifted. I wish we lived closer...I miss you! I hope things continue to go well for you and your wonderful family.

Tana said...

Your pictures are insanely good, love them and the commentary! T

Allens, Inc. said...

I've heard rumors about the beauty of Flagstaff. Never seen it in person, but I loved your pictures. I second Holly's comment on the flower with the bee.