The first week of May is one big party around our house! Kallie's bday is on the 3rd and Dan's is close behind on the 6th. Do any of you remember Kallie still being in the hospital on Dan's bday back in 2000? Time flies!
I'm starting with Dan (even though his bday is 2nd) because I have 2 pictures of his celebration and...well...a few more than that for Kallie :).
Dan and I deserted the office right in the middle of the day to go see one of the last showings of Avatar in 3D in the Las Vegas Valley. We had a great time! We need to schedule more "meetings" like that...staff development right?!?
Dan (cracking me up) blowing out the candles on his Eclair Cake. For his bday we got him new pajama bottoms (we're tired of looking at the hole in the bum of his other pjs) and some fancy Egyptian Cotton pillowcases. In case you didn't know, Dan is pillowcase crazy. He changes his (and mine) about every other day. Then he complains because we never have enough. I only bought 4 so I'm sure this won't eliminate the complaints all together but it will buy me a few extra days at least :). Happy 36th babe!
I cut my morning run short just to make this little girl breakfast in bed (of course)!
She picked IHOP for her bday dinner. Somehow I forgot to get a photo of the new bike she picked out, she's ridden it to school every day since.
Today (Saturday) we held her party with her friends. She chose to have a "Craft Project Extravaganza". Everything (except one project) was straight out of a Family Fun craft book my parents gave Kallie a few years ago. Even this sunshine cake was featured in the book. Kallie had so much fun frosting it!
Finished product (with a little help from mom)...
Still waiting for a few guests to arrive, but if you can believe it, she had 100% attendance. Fourteen kids in all! Very fun! The first "project" we started with was painting flower pots, which they later planted seeds in. We'll see if Kallie & Syd's actually sprout...I did buy the seeds at Walmart after all :).
Next up they were decorating notebook journals that I found HERE . I found that blog through Amanda...I think?!? I thought this picture might cause a few of you anxiety, look at that messy table! But did you notice I have my BIG table home again...we love having her back!!!
Next we made bead/macaroni jewelry. Kallie invited three boys to her party, two from her school class and our friend Ethan. I must say I was very impressed by the two cute boys she invited from school. Very positive and polite...keep up the good taste Kallie. They even made necklaces without a word of complaint!
Last project...Bean Scenes.
Courtney H. making an owl.
Kallie making a scene that says "The Big 10".
Making a wish...
Present time...shall we say that Zhu Zhu Pets were on her list and she got a few. Don't you love her 'birthday hat'?

















11 comments:
What a CUTE party for Kallie! I'm loving your creativity for the kids. I also love your huge table! I can't believe you made an eclair cake...I've never heard of such a thing! I'll have to google that one :)
What a fun party. I need to live by you so that you can help me be creative. I hate putting together parties. I bet those boys even had fun doing the necklaces.
LOVE IT! Although, I must throw in that 10 year old girls being in the majority, makes a BIG difference! 10 year old boy parties, not running around....NOT SO MUCH! :)
Look at all of those fun crafts! I am going to log those away for things to do while LIVING IN A TRAILER DOWN BY THE RIVER! :) hahaha! Yeah, I need to call you, cause I am going to be doing just that! Lindstrom Fam is headed out on an adventure! :) YAY!
Carrie you seriously amaze me!! That looks like a lot of work, but so much FUN!! Looks like Dan and Kallie both had a fun Birthday!!(BTW Zane's says Dan's an old man now ;) Happy Birthday both of you!!
Love You GUYS!!
Zane, Jamey, Mason, Bridger, & Cache
What a creative gal she is and I love all the crafts at the party!! Looks like so much fun.
I'm going to have to do the bean/pasta craft with my kids. Thanks for the idea.
Happy Birthday Kallie and Dan!!!
btw, you look fab in those 3D glasses...seriously.
So cute!!!!! I love all the crafting things you did! I might copy some of your ideas for Sasha's party coming up in August! You are a great momma and sure love your family! ;)
Happy Birthday Kallie. Ten? No way! What a creative, fun party. Maci and I were looking at this together and she commented on how Kallie has always been so creative. So no threats to beat up the kids at this party? Kallie's hair looks so cute too. We love you Kallie. We miss spending birthday's with you.
Kallie is such a beautiful girl! Looks like a fun party.
I love your table.
Happy Birthday Dan! He looks exactly the same as he did 7 years ago in Iowa.
Has it really been 7 years?
7 years? I'm with you, Holly! Except that Kallie's supposed to be in diapers still... Happy B-day to you both!
Wow-That was a craft extravaganza! I think just one of those crafts would have qualified... I can tell, I am going to have to step up my b-day parties.
sorry kallie i didnt get to say happy birthday well anyways...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Post a Comment