My friend Rachelle and I traveled to Flagstaff last night so we could run a 10k trail run with Diane. I was kind of nervous because I never run on trails, because the elevation is 7000 feet, and the trail is very rocky and I'm not very coordinated. But I am happy to say that it was a great run and we had a super time! It was such a nice change of scenery to be running in the Flagstaff trees and to actually feel great while doing it. I admit, sometimes when running it's tempting to lay down in a ball and start crying. I'm happy to say that for today's 6 miles I felt great! Thanks for inviting us Diane! And to make the day even better, we went to lunch and a movie to celebrate Rachelle's b-day tomorrow. FUN DAY!

Last week we took the girls to Lake Mead to feed the fish. These are some seriously huge, aggressive fish and I thought you needed to see them in action to appreciate the sound effects that go along with them :).
9 comments:
The fish at Lake Mead marina are so UGLY! But, it's always fun to feed them. You just have to be careful you still have fingers when you are done though :)
I am glad you had a great time running the 10K. You guys look like you were cold. I feel bad that I missed it, hopefully next time I will be prepared enough to run it with you guys!
You are awesome! We are home from NY, I'll have to tell you about the trip soon.
Good job on the 10K!! A trail run sounds fun. Oh my those fish are crazy! Who needs a fishing pole? You could just reach down and pull one out :)
Wow! Those fish really are crazy! I bet it was a fun adventure for your girls!
Good job on the trail run!! That sounds like a lot of fun!
Good job on the 10K. I am so proud of you.
Okay so are those fish in the lake and do people really go swim in that lake? Those fish are creepy. I don't like them one bit.
Way to go on the trail running! That is awesome...and uncoordinated you're not! So glad you didn't trip or anything ;)
Wow! those fish! What a fun time!
So, one of the reasons I say "HIT IT" the second my wakeboard is in the water is because of THOSE FISH. Now I'm even more weirded out. I couldn't even put my face in the water during the triathlon..I was scared I'd see one. Lame I know but now I'm even more scared after seeing your little video. Oh and way to go on the run:) Maren
WOW girl - you have become a running machine. Sometimes I try and fool myself into thinking that SOME DAY I too will be a runner - ha,ha,ha,ha!!! Glad you had a good time. Your girls are pretty brave to even get their hands any where near those fish; looks like a good time, though.
Miss you!!!
Nikki
Wow you are amazing. I just about pass out running to the mail box.
I think next time you should do a run in Idaho=)
I will never think of fish in the same way! That was a crazy video! Congrats on your accomplishment...I hate running :)
Post a Comment