Friday, June 4, 2010

Father's Day???

I am thinking about buying some tennis stuff for Dan for Father's Day. He has told the girls soooo many times that he wants to take them out and teach them to play tennis (he played on his high school team).

So....I am looking for thoughts/advice from any of you who play tennis what would be the best rackets & supplies to get for 3 early beginners (Me, Kallie & Syd) and 1 player who sort of knows what he's doing (Dan).

Keeping in mind a tight budget...is there a certain brand/style/store I should go for?

Help! I don't want to rely on the sales person at the store to steer me in the right direction. What about the stuff I might find at Target would that be ok?

I know nothing about tennis so those of you who play PLEASE help me out!!!

6 comments:

Cali and Brett Smith said...

Brett also played on the high school team and he had been saying that he wanted to teach me for so long... last month we went to walmart and bought new rackets... just the wilson brand- they were about $20 each. They worked great. Brett has always had a wilson and he likes them.. there are kid ones there too for even cheaper. Good Luck!!

Darlene said...

Cheap Wal-Mart type rackets are what we have always used. They are great for beginners. If it is something that you want to pursue, you will probably want to get something different.

Light weight, and check the handle size.

Lots of balls

Adrie Peterson said...

I did the "Wilson" brand at Target. It's great for beginners! We've been very pleased :)

Megan said...

How fun! I signed up my kids to do tennis lessons for 2 weeks with the city and they start on Tuesday.....we can't wait! So, I will be interested to know what others say in case I need to buy our own rackets.......(the city has some they will use for the lessons, how cool is that!)

Allens, Inc. said...

Um, we have a tennis court that's about a 1.5 minute walk from our house for you and Dan to play in when you come visit. That's all I know about tennis. Good luck!

Liv said...

Hey -- it's Liv (Kimball's wife). I love the blog -- you all look great. We just started tennis too and bought cheap stuff from Target, but it works great. I think balls are the cheapest at Walmart and Costco also sometimes sells a big thing of them. We Also bought a bucket to put all the balls in, and I've seen baskets at Walmart. The bucket works great, but the basket looks better. hee. Great to be in touch with you guys again!