Yes, 42 days since my last blog post. That may be a record! Don't you hate it when people say, "I've been busy". I mean really, we're all busy. I guess a better thing to say would be I've been choosing to spend my time doing things other than blogging :) But with that said, here are 42 days worth of the Norris Family's comings and goings...
June 20- Father's Day! Us Norris girls have great reason to celebrate on Father's Day. Dan is a great father and husband, son and brother. He tries really hard to do what our Heavenly Father wants him to do. And though the last year and a half have been a little challenging...our relationship has grown closer than ever before. And for that, I'm grateful. I'm grateful for Dan!
Remember when I asked for advice on tennis equipment? Well here is his gift getting put to good use. The only things he went out and bought was a ball caddy and about a thousand more balls. He was right...you need that many (especially when you are playing with kids- and Carrie).
June 24-27th: Coombs family annual St. George getaway! So fun (as always). Thank you a million times over mom and dad for making this tradition happen. We love you!
Tuacahn Theater...this year we saw Tarzan and Cats.
On Saturday we ALL went and saw Toy Story 3 in 3-D. In my mind the highlight of the trip. I loved being there with everybody, I loved that Sadie sat on my lap the whole time, I love that I was laughing so hard I was crying- yet then crying for real, this one will go down in history!
There are not words to describe how much I love these girls.
July 3rd: Much anticipated Kamie Day Celebration/Extravaganza/Spectacular! Other than Lacey (and Kamie) not feeling well the day was a smashing success. I would live in Kamie's backyard if I could.
The visor says it all really...
Andrea & Rick supplied the GIANT marshmallows!
Same (exact) picture as above minus the flash...interesting huh!
July 17th: Saturday Date! Dan and I have decided to split up and take the girls on a date once a month. Kallie and I went together for our first date last Saturday. Has anyone ever heard Taylor Swift's song 'Best Day'? That is how I felt about this day. Kallie chose to go to a pottery store and paint her own cappuccino mug and saucer (which are in the process of glazing right now). This girl sat and painted for well over 2 hours! I just watched (too much $ for us both to paint). The owner of the store asked me if I would like some reading material...I said, "No thank you, I'm having a lot of fun just watching her."























12 comments:
LOVE this post! You are so sweet and have such a great outlook on life! I get teared up too, looking at my kids, so NO you are NOT cheesy!!! LOVE the matching swimming suits you girls had on. LOVE Dan's glow in the dark glasses. LOVE Kallie's paint job! WOW! So dang CUTE! LOVE the one-on-one thing; we do that, too and it is soooooo wonderful. LOVE that you are having so much fun this summer! Wahoo!
Oh, one more thing: your comment on my blog about finding a friend that has a daughter just older than Kallie so you could get her hand-me-downs made me giggle! Sooooo funny. And such a good idea! LOL!
Yeah and update=) I loved all the pictures and I get teared up often when I spend one on one time with my kids I think its a mom thing=) Miss you
Such fun times you've been having! Glad things are going well for all of you :)
I almost teared up when I saw that you finally posted something. Haha. Really though, I often think of you and your cute family and get teared up. I love and miss you guys so much. Life just isn't the same without my daily dose of you and your sweet girls.
You are such a cute Mom. I love the moments when I feel overwhelmed with love. Sometimes I think to myself, "Are you kidding me Heavenly Father? This is too good to be true."
You are such a great mom! I need to be more like you ;) They are lucky to have you just as much as you are lucky to have them!
You're not blogging at work are you? I'm going to tell your boss :) Loved the post and love you all LOTS!
Oh happy day! So good to see you back on here.
Sure do love ya!
So glad that the Norris family is having such a wonderful summer. The last part about your day with Kallie got me all teared up. Thanks for sharing your sweet thoughts. They were touching.
COS - are you signed up for the half marathon in Jan yet??? Rob and I are doing it...hopefully we'll see you there!
You almost inspired me to post on my own blog. :) I am at DST (long storie) but hey maybe I could borrow their internet? It was so much fun to see my favorite summer events in picture form. Maybe I should just refer everyone to your blog.
A few thoughts: Good! Now you can come visit us and bring your tennis rackets--we have a court across the street; you would be a great garden gnome. I bet Kamie would like having you live back there to eat the mosquitoes and snails; why does Dan look so natural with neon straws on his glasses?; I think Kallie might have a real future in pottery painting. (You can make some good $$ at that if you're good...); and lastly, I love that last picture with Kallie because she looks like a giant form of herself, and you look exactly the same. You are beautiful.
Post a Comment