Sunday, September 12, 2010

54 days since my last post...

Does anybody check the blog of someone who only posts every 54 days? For the record...I read all of the 200+ blog posts I was behind on. I didn't leave comments because it's almost 1am, but I am caught up on all of my friends and family and missing everyone a lot right about now...

To begin...The Speedy Spaniard 10k race in Spanish Fork on the 24th of July. Probably the most fun, beautiful, pleasant race I've run. And the company was great too! Amanda Rand happened to be hanging out at her old stomping grounds and signed up for the Speedy Spaniard too. I had such a fun time running with her and if she doesn't sign up next year, I'm going to sign her up and force her to come! We're not even in this picture but I thought Dan caught a cool shot of the beginning of the race...look how green!

Photobucket

All done and feeling great! (Side note...my running days are almost non-existent now due to being called as early morning seminary teacher. I'm waking up at 4:45 to get ready for seminary...there's NO way I can get up at 3:45 to go running. Saturdays might be it for me...I might not be so speedy running on the 24th of July next year!)
Photobucket

Perfect little small town Mapleton parade. Aren't these girls cute? And Dan's face in the back cracks me up :)
Photobucket


Grandma comforting Sadie because of all the scary Police/Fire truck sirens. Grandmas make everyone feel better!
Photobucket

The best part about small town parades...
Photobucket

Photobucket

That night we went to the Fiesta Days Rodeo. I mostly included this pictures because Syd's face makes me giggle...
Photobucket


We look like real cow-girls right?!
Photobucket


A few weeks later my girls went to their last day of 4th and 1st grade. Can't forget flowers for their AWESOME teachers!
Photobucket


A few weeks later we went and hung out with the Norris' for a night at their 1st annual Fletcher Norris Reunion. I didn't take many photos...next year. Chandee, Sherry and Jamey just chilling...Jamey (you're such a big secret keeper- good thing I finally checked your blog).
Photobucket


Kallie holding Jay and Chandee's new sweet baby...we need a baby at our house too!
Photobucket


Ah...the joy of year round school. 3 weeks later you begin again (even though they are not doing year round anymore because of budget cuts). Sydney, Kallie and their friend Ethan on their first day...August 30th.
Photobucket


Kallie starting 5th grade. Her last grade in elementary school (so sad). She was so glad to have friends in her class...Megan and Courtney. The only problem is that there is another Kallie N. in her class so she is going by Kallie Ann this year :)
Photobucket


Sydney feeling slightly nervous about starting 2nd grade...I'm glad to say she came home happy!
Photobucket


And for anyone who made it to the end of this post...meet Peaches our new puppy! She is playing in the dirt on our Labor Day Camping Trip (will post that next). She is the sweetest 3 month old Coton puppy you've ever met (what you've never heard of a Coton dog- look it up). I know we're a little crazy, but wouldn't life be so boring if you didn't do crazy things every once in a while :)
Photobucket

17 comments:

Darlene said...

Seminary teacher wow! It was such a good time of learning for me. Are you teaching Doctrine and Covenants? I taught that one year, if you want me to forward anything on, let me know. My friend in Minnesota just got called to teach also.

Kara said...

Yes I read your blog and savor every moment. Even though I got teary when I saw the picture of you and Amanda=( Just so you know your house in bellevue is available again. Im so proud of you being seminary teacher it takes a strong person to do that=) And considering that Brian just brought home another hunting dog (which puts us at 4 dogs now) I don't think you are crazy to get a puppy at all. We miss you guys and Im still waiting for you to visit=) Maybe I will have to take advantage of the cheep flights to Vegas and visit you=)

Adrie Peterson said...

Carrie,
I'm glad to hear from you again! What fun times you and your family are having. You will ROCK as a seminary teacher. I'm picturing a lot of kids "gaining a SOLID testimony" because of your influence :) (You can tell me I was right in about 15 years!) I'm excited to go research about your new puppy, as I've never heard of that breed before. I'm so glad things are going well for you all!

{Jamey} said...

Seminary teacher? That's great! You would be a great Seminary teacher, but that does make for an early morning. I don't blame you for not wanting to get up at 3:30 in the morning. Hopefully next year I'll be able to run the Speedy Spaniard with you... I probably won't be very speedy either, so we can run it together. Now you know why I wasn't able to run it this year. I wasn't feeling very well and not really feeling up to running, but I hope next year's the year ;) The girls looked so cute on their first day of school! I can't believe Syd is in 2nd grade this year, and Kallie is in 5th! Love those girls!

{Lindsey} said...

It's so nice to hear from you!! I was getting worried about ya. So glad that the Norris fam is doing well. Those cute girls of yours sure are getting big! Love their school pictures.
Seminary teacher!??! You go girl! You are going to be one awesome teacher that many of those kids will never forget. Rob and I are are still planning on running the half marathon in January...come join us!
Love the new puppy...what an adorable dog.
Happy Fall to you (((hugs)))

Megan said...

Great to hear from ya!! Looks like you have had a fun summer! Soooo neat you are a seminary teacher! That is just awesome! :)So crazy our kids are growing up! I do agree, you need a little one at your house! (crossing my fingers for you guys!!)

Angela said...

I read your blog and I am thrilled for the updates! :>

Angela said...

I read your blog and I am thrilled for the updates! :>

{sheree} said...

I'm still reading and it is sooo good to hear from you! You will be a wonderful seminary teacher, those kids are lucky to have you!! Your girlies look so big and so pretty!

Amanda said...

Oh I am so glad you put that pic up so I can steal it!! Do I say congrats on the dog?! I agree we have to do crazy things once in a while to change things up a bit. Because change is good and...we might like it-right! I wish you had a baby in your house too;(
btw I love the 1st-day skirts!! cute!

Amanda said...

One more thing. I'm glad you are an early morning seminary teacher now. Your running time will slow down. Then I can beat you next year.
ha.
:P

Brooke said...

I was pleased this morning to see you had posted! I agree with you, I wish you had a baby at your house! You do need a baby! Keep smiling, I love ya girl. The blessing will come! Peaches is adorable, even with a dirty face :) I didn't know that Amanda ran with you in the The Speedy Spaniard 10K. How fun! I hope you aren't to busy to hangout this week, call me!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Was the dog a bribery to ditch the parakeets? Hahaha! You guys!

This whole post made me miss you so much! I realized reading this that I can hear your voice perfectly as I read it. Like you are reading it to me. It makes me miss you more! I think Henderson is in need of some Lindstrom visits! :)

The girls aren't in year round anymore. At first I thought, "Oh that will be great" then I worried that it won't be! I will gladly steal the girls for 3 months next summer! Deal?! Alright! It's settled then! :)

LOVE YOU THE MOST!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that it's been so long since we have really talked. So, you are a seminary teacher now, huh?! SWEET!!! You'll be FANTASTIC; I remember the lessons you gave in YW - the kids are going to love you. I will call you soon - I need to meet your cute little puppy. Love ya!

Nikki

Danielle said...

Early morning seminary teacher?!? You will be amazing! I love reading your blog so keep it coming, I am way more than 50 days behind too!!

Allens, Inc. said...

Loved the whole thing! 1. I would love to drop down south and run one of those races with you. 2. Parade candy, ugh! Everything tastes better with a little gutter on it! 3. You look more like a speedy Spaniard than a cowgirl. 4. Your girls are beautiful (love their dresses). and 5. I think you misspelled Peach's breed: Cotton, as in cotton ball. She sounds like a sweetheart, though the port-a-crib might not concur. Post again soon, and thank you ever so much for talking to me today. What a friend!

Jelina said...

So happy to read your update! Love the picture of you and Amanda. Makes me miss you both. I'll be blog non-existent for awhile, too, now. My full camera got dropped in Lake Powell last week and I have no pictures of the last month. :( Oh well. I'll hopefully figure something out. Love ya tons!