Monday, December 20, 2010

Do you believe in miracles??

17 weeks...and it's a girl!!!


I'm not joking...I would not joke about something like this :)

We had a rough start (large yolk sac, small gestational sac, subchorionic hemmorage...) but this little one is a fighter and things are looking much better!

We took the girls to dinner tonight and told them and their reactions (both of them) were priceless. I was a little worried about what Syd would think, but she was just as excited as Kallie.

Is this a direct miracle from teaching seminary...we kinda think so. What are we going to do about the office...we have no idea. But the Lord is in charge (obviously) and he has always provided a way for us in the past and we have total faith that everything will fall into place.

Fortune cookie from Panda Express 4 days after I found out I was pregnant said, "Happy Events Will Take Place Shortly In Your Home". I saved it...I have it taped by the mirror in my bathroom.

Syd's first comment..."Can we go shopping for her tomorrow?"

30 comments:

Kara said...

Im so happy for you. How exciting for your family. Congrats

Mangum Menagerie said...

Yeah! We are so excited for you. We will keep praying for you. We love you.

Just Us said...

EEEEEEEEE!!!! I can't wait for you to join our 3 girl club. It's the best club to be in. We are all so excited for you guys. Congratulations. We love you and that tiny little baby girl in your tummy.

Kristin and Jay said...

Holy crap, CONGRATULATIONS Carrie! I can't even express how excited I am for you and for your family! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

I am bawling again now! I LOVE the pic with the girlies! I am so glad Syd was excited! Oh what a blessing! Yes, I do believe in miracles and yes, I do believe this is one FOR SURE!!

Love ya sista! Hope to see you soon!

CONGRATS!

Rachelle said...

When I got your text to check your blog, I could hardly wait to come to the computer....but it took awhile because my naughty kids wouldn't go to bed. I told Jon, "I have to check Carrie's blog. I hope she has posted that she is pregnant!" You did not disappoint. I'm so excited for you and Dan and the girls. I do believe in miracles!!!!!

Mandi and Adam said...

Congratulations! That's so awesome! I hope that everything continues to go well. I am so excited for you!

Brooke said...

WAHOOOOOO! Yes, we do believe in miracles! I am shocked Carrie, you have kept such a spectacular secret for 17 weeks! We are so excited for all of you!

When Brandon and I read it - we re-read it just to make sure we read it right! I was in need of some good news this week, and this is just totally awesome news!

I am in tears just thinking about it. You know that I truly know how hard it has been for you. I have experienced the same longing of wanting to add another sweet spirit to the family and am so happy yours is almost over!

We love you, Dan and the girls! We only wish we could have seen the looks on their faces when you told them :) CONGRATULATIONS, NORRIS FAMILY! We can't wait to welcome her to your family!

Wendi said...

Carrie CONGRATS!!!! That is wonderful news and so exciting for your family! We wish you the best.

Jeppson Clan said...

Alligator tears are streaming down my face!!!
Yes we definitely believe in miracles! HUGE Congratulations to you. The picture with the girls is perfect. Just like everyone has said we wish you the very best. Your new little one couldn't be coming to a more loving wonderful family. Love you! Merry Christmas!

Jeppson Clan said...

Alligator tears are streaming down my face!!!
Yes we definitely believe in miracles! HUGE Congratulations to you. The picture with the girls is perfect. Just like everyone has said we wish you the very best. Your new little one couldn't be coming to a more loving wonderful family. Love you! Merry Christmas!

Diane said...

I too am crying. We love you all so much. I have a crib in the abyss downstairs for you.

Elise said...

Congratulations!! We are sooooooo happy for you! Hope everything continues to go well for you.

[BrookeO] said...

Oh my goodness dear friend! I could not be happier for you. I had a dream about this very thing 2 nights ago, I checked your blog when I woke and nothing, then today Amy alerted me to check your blog!!

So more than over the top happy for you!!
Miracles do happen!!

All my love, merry Christmas!!!
Love you

{sheree} said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I am totally bawling right now! I am sooo excited for you!!!

Betsy Fowler said...

I love you guys! Sooo happy!

Adrie Peterson said...

CARRIE!!!!!!!! This is crazy, AMAZING, WONDERFUL news! I'm SO happy for you ALL!!!!!

It's funny too, because I just checked your blog last night, shortly before you posted. I was thinking to myself, "Where's Carrie? What is going on with her???" Now, I need wonder NO more. It ALL makes sense! I've missed you, by the way!

Man, babies are in the air! I'm surrounded by pregnant friends, and I couldn't be happier for each of them.

I'm giving you my sincerest Congratulations :)

Love You!

Darlene said...

That is so wonderful. It just made me cry. I know that Heavenly Father is aware of us. We don't always understand why we have to wait, but great blessings are in store.

Angela said...

I could not be happier for you!

Angela Zweifel said...

Holy Cow!!!! This is amazing news. I am thrilled for your family. P.S. I need your address for a Christmas card!!!!

Courtney & Marcie said...

Congratulations!! We are so excited for you guys! Can't wait to see that beautiful little girl. Hope you are feeling well. We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

OMG! I seriously cried!!! Congratulations. I had a subchorionic hemmorage with Abby, the ER doctor said she wouldn't last the night. The OB the next day thought maybe I lost a twin? Who will ever know, but, whatever it was, she is indeed a miracle. I BELEIVE!!

Defa's said...

Yes I too shed a tear. What great news. Congratulations! I am around 18 weeks pregnant as well.

Kelli said...

Congratulations! We are so thrilled and excited! I wish I still lived right below you so I could get a chance to hold her!

Megan said...

Oh my goodness, YES I for sure believe in miracles!!!!!! I am soooo happy for you and Dan!!! I think I am gonna cry now!!!! Congrats, congrats, congrats!!!!

Danielle said...

So excited for you guys! A million congratulations!!

Jaime said...

I have not been to your blog in a while + what a great little post to greet me! Big congrats to you and your family!

Melanie said...

So exciting, Carrie! This little girl couldn't ask for a better family!

Wendi said...

This is the second time I've read this post and both times it's brought tears to my eyes. Miracles do happen.

Julie Freeman said...

Oh my heck! I can't even believe it! I'm so excited for you and your family of three girls. Wow this is amazing. I left the blog world for a whole three months and look what goes and happens!?!? I would have loved to have seen your girls faces when you told them. I would have loved to see your face when you found out! I'm so glad you have made it through all those things. That is so scary but what a faith building time too. I'm so happy for you. Wendy called me on my birthday and told me I needed to get on your blog. Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my birthday. You are so amazing and I would take your desserts any day! I'm coming to vegas on Feb 18th to the 22nd. Staying at the MGM for a photography conference. how close are you? perhaps I should have sent you an email instead of this lengthy comment. my email is julie@juliefreemanphotography.com I'd love to see you and your tiny little belly!