Today my sweet little one is 2 months old (I guess technically yesterday because it's after midnight). We are loving every single minute with this little miracle baby. I've had lots of people ask me if it's been hard to adjust back to the 'baby stage'...and my honest answer is: no way! Compared to working full time, teaching seminary and being pregnant...the 'baby stage' is a breeze (and so fun too). My girls have loved having a baby around and have been super helpful. About 50 times a day Kallie says, "Oh Avery...we love you SOOOO much!" Then she turns around and tells the dog the same thing (the dog turned one last week- happy bday Peach).
Little miss Avery loves to be held, she loves the sound of the shower and the blow dryer, she still sleeps a lot, she just barely started smiling and they're still few and far between, she poops a lot and has to work hard to make it happen, she just started to like the swing, she doesn't fit in her preemie clothes anymore :(, she probably weighs about 7 lbs (I'll find out for sure at the dr on Wed), the birthmark on her leg sometimes worries people especially kids, she and I are getting a little more talented at nursing (but just a little), she takes a bottle like a champ, she is just sweet as can be! Here are a few random photos from the last couple of weeks...
LOVE this one...what a great big sister she is!
Kallie's 'build-a-bear' sunglasses...she loves them :)
Syd is laughing because Avery just filled her diaper...
My cute grandpa meeting Avery for the first time.
4 generations...
Good friend Jason.
Jason's beautiful new bride Juliet (who now works at our office- yay)!
Last but not least...we're so, so sad that our wonderful friend's the Wirick's have to move and leave us. We don't care if Greg got a new job in Utah...we want them here with us forever. Here's a photo of our last Sunday dinner together (for a while at least).










5 comments:
Oh Goodness! That second picture did me in! I got a bit weepy! I miss you guys so very much! I'm calling you this week and we are planning a trip! YAY! I just turned and told Ryan "THAT'S IT!! We are going to Vegas! I miss Carrie so bad I can't stand it anymore!" There was no arguement! He knows I mean it! :)
I am so glad to see how your family is doing! Avery is a sweetheart!!
Love the pictures!! That one of Kallie is Precious. I want to see that baby! When are you coming here? Also, as sad as I am for you to lose Christie, I can't even tell you how excited I am she is here! And, I hear that peaches is a bad influence. ;)
Oh the grandparent pics always bring a tear to my eye. The wise and the wise-to-be! Love them. Sorry to hear about your friends. I am always comforted knowing we will keep the same relationships in heaven too!
Really cute pictures.
Post a Comment