Thursday, June 9, 2011

St. George

A couple of weeks ago, we decided to head to St. George for an over-nighter to celebrate Grandpa Charlie's b-day with him. We also wanted grandpa and grandma to meet Avery for the first time. We also went down to eat at Brick Oven Pizza to celebrate with Kallie that she passed off GAC (Great American Challenge) at school. GAC is an award that 5th graders can earn when they pass off a whole list of goals including the Star Spangled Banner, Preamble, US Presidents in Chronological order, Gettysburg Address and the States and Capitols. We were so proud of Kallie for this great accomplishment (and all the blood sweat and tears that she and I both put into the memorization) so we let her pick a special place for dinner. She picked St. George...smart girl huh!

While we were in St. George we went up to see the spring pond at the top of Main Street. It was so beautiful and the weather was perfect!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Self-portrait! Sydney has a "MOM" frame that she's needed a picture for the "O" part for months and months. Thanks to this picture and a Costco upload...the frame is now happily filled.
Photobucket


Grandma Patti holding little Miss Avery.
Photobucket

Photobucket


The birthday boy's turn with the baby.
Photobucket

I love how tiny Avery looks up next to Grandpa...I also love Kallie leaning on his arm. So sweet!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Grandma put Avery inside her hat just to see if she would fit...not only did she fit, but she loved the coziness of it and kicked back and totally relaxed in it.
Photobucket

House we drove by on Main Street on our way to the pond. I made Dan stop on the way back down so I could snap a picture...love it! If anyone knows who lives in this house...please ask if I can come inside for a tour!
Photobucket


The desert was blooming!
Photobucket


On Saturday, right before Grandma and Grandpa headed home, we stopped at Petroglyph Park in Bloomington. It was a tiny little park with a giant rock in the middle with tons of Petroglyph markings on it. We found out later that you're not supposed to climb on the lower rock because there are some markings there too...I promise we didn't know. Next time we stop we'll stay off!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Some of the Petroglyphs were amazing! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for meeting us for such a fun (but much too fast) weekend. Anytime you want to do it again...just let us know!
Photobucket


These pictures were not from St. George, but they were too cute not to share. For FHE a few weeks ago, we played with playdoh. I told everyone that they had to find a word in the scriptures and make it out of play-doh. When we guessed the word right, the sculptor read the scripture reference to the rest of us. This is Kallie's play-doh version of Moses parting the Red Sea (we all decided that her Moses looked a lot like Gru off Despicable Me and we got a great laugh out of it)!
Photobucket

Dan reminding us all to be "fisher's of men".
Photobucket


As a side note- TODAY WAS THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL! YAY!!! Flowers for teachers and pipe cleaners in the hair (we call it a hair party). I'm sleeping in tomorrow!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Adrie Peterson said...

Carrie,
I love all of these pictures! The one of Kallie, your dad and Avery is really special. LOVE the one of Avery in a HAT...wow, she's tiny! :) The last picture is really adorable too--love the pipe cleaners idea!

{Lindsey} said...

So glad you guys came back to visit!! I knew there was a different feel in StG a couple of weeks ago...it was your presence ;)
LOVE that green house. I drive by it at least twice a month. It was for sale when we first moved here and oh how I wish....
Beautiful pics and YES Kallie is a smart girl to pick StG to eat and for memorizing all that stuff! Whoo, what a girl!

Just Us said...

I love your family so much. What sweet pictures with Grandma and Grandpa.

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

I LOVE the picture of you and Syd! Oh how I miss you, my friend! Can I come see you? I want to! I am going to! That's settled! :) I will call you soon and we will plan!

Amanda said...

Those are awesome pictures! Can't wait to see more! Beautiful, beautiful family...