Sunday, September 25, 2011

Walking Tour...

I'm back!! After a few setbacks getting the internet hooked up in this little house in this tiny town...I'm proud to say I'm back connected with the world!

Some of you may be surprised, but we're actually doing really well. Dan LOVES the practice (actually he loves everything about this little place). The girls LOVE school and Kallie was so excited to be voted in as student counsel secretary last week. It is so funny when I drop them off in the morning...no traffic jam, no crossing guards, no first-second-tardy bells. Usually I'm the only car at the curb (I think most kids ride the bus). They think it's great that the lunch ladies actually COOK food and put it on real TRAYS! They think it's great that they have recess together and that their PRINCIPAL comes out and pushes them on the swing (underdogs even)! And most of all...we LOVE-LOVE-LOVE having every Friday off school. I'm telling you that 4-day school weeks are the way to go.

I knew you would all want to see what this little place looks like, and even though I know you are all going to come visit us in person, I thought I would give you a quick sneak peak. I snapped pictures as we walked down to the park Saturday to have a picnic.

The first stop on our 'walking tour' is the rental house we're staying in. A modular home (with an addition) that is the perfect place for us right now!

Photobucket

This view is for my friend Amanda R. who saw our house in a dream/vision with a gravel 'parking lot' in front of the house. Funny huh! Is this what it looked like in your vision Amanda?
Photobucket

A view of the house from the road...we can't get over that this place actually has vegetation (for now- we are preparing for what we've been told is a long/torturous winter).
Photobucket

Here are the girls as we are walking towards the park...
Photobucket

I think this little side street looks a little like a hobo jungle/tent city. There is a big family of quail that live under that bush in the front. We have had a lot of fun watching their babies run around as we walk by...
Photobucket

This is the old abandoned house that Kallie wants to buy and fix up to live in. She thinks it is so cool that it has 4 chimneys! We couldn't quite decide where the front door was however...
Photobucket

This is the house that Dan wants to tear down and put a house in it's place. Probably won't happen, but it is a cool old house in a spooky sort of way.
Photobucket

Every once in a while we pass by a real gem of a historical building. I love this one.
Photobucket

The catholic church is really pretty neat too, except for the hot pink fake flowers they have in the front...I tried to leave them out of the photo.
Photobucket

A very funny attempt at a self portrait once we made it to the park for our picnic.
Photobucket

Avery and I are putting some serious miles on this stroller. I've been trying to walk as many places as possible while the weather is good. We had to put gas in the car finally the other day and it made me mad :)
Photobucket

Back at home playing on the hill behind our house as the sun goes down. Kallie and Syd both had a broom 'horse' and they were yelling from the top, "You guys have to come up here- the view is spectacular"!
Photobucket


That's the end of the walking tour...I hope you enjoyed it! And as a bonus here are a couple of photos from Kallie & Syd's first soccer games (ever). Yes, we had to drive 2 hours to Round Mtn, Nevada to play the games but we had a great time anyway.

Here's Kallie who almost had heat stroke by the end (really)...but her coach said she has "skills"!
Photobucket

And Syd is by far the fastest runner on the team! Both of the girls teams lost but who is keeping track really :) Syd's coach took the kids aside and told them to kick the other team in the shins because they weren't wearing shin guards...who tells kids that really?!
Photobucket

There you have it...Eureka in a nutshell. So when are you going to come visit us?? Let me know and I'll see if we can fit you into our very busy schedule :)

11 comments:

Kara said...

Im so happy you guys are adjusting well. I knew you would. I have to say I'm jealous of your ability to walk everywhere I miss that about bellevue more than you know. We will be there to visit....to be continued =)

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

I want to come!!

What a cute little town! I am so glad you guys are loving it!

Cheryl said...

I'm glad things are going great for you guys and that your girls like it so much. Kirk would love to come visit. . .there is supposed to be good chuckar (bird) hunting out there. If he ever has time off, maybe we'll come. Enjoy your walks and the nice weather!

{Lindsey} said...

It looks like a sweet little town. That is crazy your friend had a dream about the house you moved in to...guess it was meant to be the one.
I'm glad you are enjoying being there. No matter what there are always small and simple things that surround us that can make us happy...we just have to look for them. And you my friend, have always had such an optimistic outlook on everything. Thanks for your example and I love seeing you and your girls pretty smiles...well, except Syd's got cut out hahaha. (((hugs)))

Amanda said...

Well...IN the dream I was walking out of your house, car parked and gravel everywhere. Only difference is that there were little run-down shack business' across the gravel HAHA! And I was all worried about the girls getting hit by a car:) That is crazy weird.
I totally want my family picture in front of that cream colored historical building. LOVE IT! So glad you have Avery to walk around. That's what I did when we moved to Hailey and it was VERY therapeudic. Small towns definitely have the charm large ones lack. Glad you are online!
Loves!

Angela said...

I am so glad there are so many positive things! Carrie, you are amazing for making this move. Such a great example of putting a smile on your face and moving forward.

WE MISS YOU!
Angela

Kelli said...

It is great to see an update! Good luck getting all settled in. I think I need to go look at a map and see where Eureka is! Those were some awesome soccer shots too!

Allens, Inc. said...

Ooo, I like both Kallie's and Dan's house choices. I'll come help you paint! Some of those pictures reminded me a little of Lame Deer, MT (though Eureka is a much more becoming name!). The presence of your family will make any old town a wonderful place to be, and we'll for sure come visit! So happy that you're enjoying things a little more than last we spoke.

Mangum Menagerie said...

Looks like a fun little city. I am glad you are doing well. Tell Kallie congrats on the secretary. Good luck to them both in soccer. Avery is getting big so fast. We miss you and love you. I wish we had four day weeks for school here.

Anonymous said...

Next time Christie comes, can I come too?

[BrookeO] said...

Oh I love your new posts and getting all caught up on your cute little family and "new" life. Looks like fun, but I'm with Anna - anywhere you go you will make it wonderful. Little Avery is so darn cute. Sure miss you!