I've never really wanted to buy a house with "potential".
I've known a lot of people who've bought fixer-uppers and they turn into nightmares.
I kind of like houses that are already reaching their maximum potential. :)
But here in Eureka, most things have "potential".
There aren't very many things that are reaching their maximum.
After weighing all options (there weren't many),
We decided to buy the house we've been renting from the dentist Dan bought his practice from.
It is the funniest modge-podge house you'll ever see.
We've already affectionately named it 'The Money Pit'.
At least we won't ever run out of things to do in this small little town...
A quick tour so when I'm talking to you on the phone describing it's beauty you'll have a picture in your mind:
I've known a lot of people who've bought fixer-uppers and they turn into nightmares.
I kind of like houses that are already reaching their maximum potential. :)
But here in Eureka, most things have "potential".
There aren't very many things that are reaching their maximum.
After weighing all options (there weren't many),
We decided to buy the house we've been renting from the dentist Dan bought his practice from.
It is the funniest modge-podge house you'll ever see.
We've already affectionately named it 'The Money Pit'.
At least we won't ever run out of things to do in this small little town...
A quick tour so when I'm talking to you on the phone describing it's beauty you'll have a picture in your mind:
Outside view (the entire right side is a two story addition- that was added on who-knows-when??).
Living room with the floating staircase.
The home inspector said we need to fix that....ya think?!
The home inspector said we need to fix that....ya think?!
The kitchen...look closely
huge island (I love) covered in 2" tiles (don't love)
maroon paint (don't love) yellow orange tiles on the outside counter (don't love).
Dan says it's Timpview colors...not necessarily the look we're going for :)
huge island (I love) covered in 2" tiles (don't love)
maroon paint (don't love) yellow orange tiles on the outside counter (don't love).
Dan says it's Timpview colors...not necessarily the look we're going for :)
Standing in the living room facing the rest of the house...the far room at the end is the master bedroom.
Huge laundry room...will be so fun when it's organized one day.
Hallway bathroom...the girls said the paint color is called "Avery Poop".
Master Bedroom
Master bathroom...the clawsfoot tub is for sale if you want it.
Upstairs bonus room w/ its own bathroom and walk-in closet.
This room will soon be Kallie and Syd's room so Avery doesn't have to sleep in our room in a porta-crib anymore.
This room will soon be Kallie and Syd's room so Avery doesn't have to sleep in our room in a porta-crib anymore.









13 comments:
I.love.it! Now that it's yours, you can paint and add your personality to it. Eventually it will look all Pottery Barn-ish, I have no doubt :) Love how open it is and the wood floors. Can't wait to see the pictures as they come...have fun!!
GREAT HOUSE!!!! Wish I lived closer would l;ove your claw foot tub. Can't wait to see what you guys do to the place.
Carrie: You cannot give away that clawfoot tub! Didn't you ever see Shaleces? With the right decor it can look awesome. Those hardwood floors sigh....beautiful! I don't think it is as bad as you have been leading on:) Check out the website young house love. 2 old houses turned fabulous! They just painted their kitchen cabinet doors and they look so amazing. Can't wait to see some projects.
Carrie, I'm THRILLED for you! The house is actually very lovely! I would LOVE to be settled down like yourself! You are oh-so-lucky! Don't forget that fixer-upper houses make for great blog posts! I can't wait to see more! :)
Sorry for all of the exclamation points...I'm living vicariously through you!
That island is pretty cool! I bet with a new coat of paint it will seem way more like your own place. Nice you don't have to move again too.
I really like it.... it has more than potential. you will make it beautiful.
I really think the house has potential. I was thinking it was way worse than it is. I love the open floor plan and you will make it look wonderful. I can't wait to see what you do with it.
I like a lot, as well!! I can't wait to see you work your magic....
Fixer uppers are a lot of work, but honestly I was so sad when we had to leave our house in Hyrum :( We spent 5 years fixing it up making it just the way we wanted, just to up and leave as soon as it was done. I was really sad to let all that hard work go. You'll have "fun" fixing it up, and you have great style so I'm sure it will be beautiful :)
I don't know if you have a Pinterest account or not but there are a lot of great DIY ideas on there ;)
I am so happy for you guys! Carrie, if there is anyone in this world that can make anything fabulous it is you, for sure!! It will be fun to watch you make it yours! And yes....Pinterest is a MUST!!
Ok, first I miss you and second I agree with everything Amy ^ just said. Love you
What a cute house! I agree with Amanda, DONT get rid of that tub. I love it. But I guess that doesn't matter huh? You have to love it. Can't wait to see what you do with it.
Oooo! Fixer-uppers are my specialty. I don't think we've ever lived in anything else. This place does have potential, and if anyone can make it beautiful it's you! Would love the claw-foot tub, but something tells me the cost to get it here would buy me three. Can't wait to see pictures of the improvements...
P.S. The stairs actually kind of scare me.
Post a Comment