It all began with Dan's assistant (Cheri) telling Dan that she was ordering baby chicks and would he like a few chickens?
Dan said- of course (of course).
So, building a chicken coop got scooted to the #1 spot of the priority list.
Meet Taco (or is it Mini or Scuttles...I have no idea).
This picture cracks me up. Is it the look on Avery's face...or the look on the chick's face? Both I guess...


No plans, no nothing, just winging it as he goes.Dan works harder on his days "off" than when he's at work.


Then we decided that 3 chickens weren't enough so new babies were ordered.
(Kallie and Syd will hate this picture. They had just rolled out of bed and came out to meet the new arrivals)


Dan asked what I thought of the coop,I told him that it's nicer than the house and I just might move in.


Don't ask me how many eggs we could have purchased for the amount we spent on coop supplies (chick supplies etc...). Dan told me that's not the point, we're trying to be self-reliant and teach our kids to work.
Project #2 done! Originally I said 275 left to go, but decided I had better add a 1 before that number...now there's only 1274 projects left to go.













9 comments:
Wow that's quite the chicken coop. Dan has gotten really handy. Can't wait to see the pantry.
Better he practice on the coop than the house and then build the coop. 3rd to last coop picture--are those the stairs to heaven?
Can I come and stay in the chicken coop?
Carrie,
This is such a FUN post! I love all of the pictures. Your hubby is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing :)
Coop is amazing. What a fun project. You guys are busy.
That is cool, what a fun thing to have in your backyard, maybe one day we can do that too!! Although, I think I am glad that I didn't have to take care of chickens growing up :)
That all looks so fun, at least once it is finished. So has Dan decided that it would just be easier to work 4 full days a week, every week? :)
I am so excited for your pantry. It looks like it was meant to be there all along, and had simply been forgotten!
It is so exciting to see all the progress.
Would it be helpful if we all gave Dan 3 cheers for all of his hard work?
Hip hip hoorah!...hip hip...
aaaw! I miss my OC chickens. I didn't mind them a bit. My kids liked it too because I was way more willing to make yummy things for them with fresh eggs. I don't know what it was, I just enjoyed making cookies more. I am trying to convinve Greg to build me a coop, but by the looks of it, I think I will just hire Dan!! Wow! Way to Go Norris Fam.
Wow! That coop puts mine to shame! Your chicken husbandry skills put mine to shame too, but as Dan said, it's the principle that's important... How fun to get a peek into your lives. And congrats on your new pantry!
Post a Comment