Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sydney's Baptism

Our little Sydney Rae was baptized two weeks ago on March 5th...exactly on her 8th b-day!!! We went up to Utah for the special day so as much family as possible could attend. It was a really amazing day and I'm really grateful for the Spirit we all felt. We love you tons and tons Sydney! And a huge thank you to everyone who drove clear out to the boonies of Spanish Fork to share this day with us (including those who tried and never found their way). We are so thankful for such wonderful family and friends!!







I feel really sad that I didn't gather everyone together for a group photo. I got pictures of a few of our lovely guests, but unfortunately I missed photos of a lot of people. Next time I'll be smarter! Chandee, Madelyn, Marcie and I.

Sydney with Grandpa Charlie and Grandma Patti.

Sydney with my uncle Glenn and aunto Colleen.

Sydney and her cousin Jourdyn.


Cousin Jocelynn...

Our terrific friends the Rideouts.

Just a few of the lovely kitchen helpers...

Our great friends from Henderson, the Wirick's.

Syd with Grandpa Lanny and Grandma Sherry.


And last of all a photo of me and my miracle belly (for Amy who couldn't make it to the baptism). 30 weeks exactly...last trimester yay! You would all laugh if you knew how many tries it took me to get this photo :) The two name finalists (today at least) are Avery and Lucy. Kallie and I want Avery and Dan and Syd want Lucy. Feel free to cast your vote or make a new suggestion!

16 comments:

Kara said...

Im still sooo sad we had the flu and couldnt come. Looks like she had a great day! You looks so great. I wish I looked that good at 30 wks =) As for the names I like them both but I like lucy a little better but I also want to suggest Paislee =)

{Jamey} said...

I'm so glad you guys decided to have Syd's baptism in Utah (for my own selfish reasons of course :) but none the less we were grateful to be able to be a part of it! She is such a special, sweet girl and we love her so much!

I love both of those names, but I think Avery sounds cute with Kallie and Sydney!

Mandi and Adam said...

What a special day for Sydney! I can't believe she's that old already. I remember when she was born. I like the name Avery better than Lucy, but they're both cute.

Megan said...

What a special day! Seth gets baptized this year; where has the time gone!? You look great! I can't wait to see pictures of your new baby girl! I vote for Avery!!

Amanda said...

The boonies?! You are calling my hometown the boonies?! Just kidding, I love my little boonie town, I'm sure I've called it that before too! Glad you got to share such a special day with so many people! Good idea. On the other hand love Avery but I can't help but cast a vote or two for little Lucy! No regrets here;) Either name with suite her well. You just might have to see the face...
Love ya! Miss you! Give Syd a hello and congrats squeeze from Livi and the Rands'

Adrie Peterson said...

So happy for your update! YEA! What fun family times :) Your bump is gorgeous, and I love BOTH names--you can't go wrong with either!

Kristin and Jay said...

Holy cow...8?!! Congratulations to Syd and to you to....because you might be one of the cutest pregnant people I have ever seen!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! You are so tiny, that was me at week 8--no joke! Love the name Avery, I always have loved it. And, I do think it goes better with Kallie and Sydney. I'm all for Utah baptisms, they just work better. Good luck!!

{sheree} said...

Congrats Sydney!! How exciting for your family.
You look so beautiful in your 30 week pic...and I vote for Avery, I think it sounds better with Kallie and Sydney. But both names are darling! She is going to be one loved little girl!

Allens, Inc. said...

What a wonderful day! What more could we all ask for, bun in the oven, little Syd getting baptized, your family all happy and healthy! Wish we lived closer so we could have come to celebrate this eventful day with the Norris family. We love you all, high-give to Sydney and Kallie for being such good examples to their little sister Avery/Lucy!

Kelli said...

Congratulations Sydney! Carrie, How can you be 30 weeks and still so cute! I LOVE the name Avery, but you can't go wrong with Lucy either, both so cute! We are so excited for you!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

YAY! Look at that little belly! Oh, I hope I get to see it in person one of these days! We might just have a new vehicle in the next few days! 40 mpg and LOADS of personality! :) I can't wait! Then I am HEADED TO VEGAS! Seriously! I can't take it anymore!

I love you sista! I miss you all! Congrats Syd! I so wish we could have been there too! Stupid sickness! GRR!

Call me when you get a sec.

{Lindsey} said...

It's so good to hear from you.
CONGRATS! to cute Syd on her baptism...what a beautiful girl she is.
Any you Ms Carrie! You look beautiful with your baby bump and holy cow a 30 week bump that looks like a 18 week bump. Love it, you're gorgeous.
OH and I love the name Lucy...vintage, classic and super cute!

[BrookeO] said...

Ok. I love love love everything about this post.
:)

Jelina said...

Our little preschool sweethearts aren't preschoolers anymore, are they? Colton gets baptised in June...they grow up crazy fast. I like both names. And btw...your belly is so tiny for 30 weeks! I'm only 23 and I swear I'm twice as big. :( So happy for you.

Maci said...

Congrats to you and sydney!