Tuesday, March 17, 2009

{TOP 5} Tuesday...something to say

I thought to myself earlier..."I should do a {TOP 5} Tuesday today. I haven't done one of those forever." And I do miss South Valley Pizza a lot, A LOT...so in honor of the pizza guy and his oh-so-yummy pizza I thought it MUST be done!

But then I thought, "hmmm, I don't really have anything to say today." WHAT! Nothing to say?!? I can pretty much always think of something to say...

So the {TOP 5} list for today is: The Top 5 things to say when you have nothing to say :)

1. Sydney's kindergarten teacher took a picture of her hair in its 4 leaf clover do (I love cutegirlshairstyles.blogspot.com ). We were almost late for school because of it, but we made it safe and sound 4 leaf clover in the hair complete with green ribbon and all!

2. I was so happy to leave work at 2:45 today because Kallie had activity days. BLESS YOU activity days! It's the one day every two weeks that we don't do 4 & 5 o'clock appointments. We had friends over to play, I was making dinner, Dan was home before midnight...I had a flashback of a life I used to know :)

3. I talked to one of my greatest friends today, Adrie. Adrie and I go way back to the days of Dan's undergraduate school at the U of U. She and I worked at Cerva, Browning, Quinn & Co. together, and anyone who can work there together can go through anything together :) We were even pregnant with our first babies together! Adrie's hubby has moved her around about the same amount as mine has moved us...my new motto is "it's better to be friends far away than never to have been friends at all." I really love Adrie and if any of you need a little ray of sunshine in your day or a little self confidence boost call me and I'll give you her number!

4. I thought to myself today, sometimes it's not ok to judge someone by how clean their bathrooms are. Maybe they aren't lazy and they aren't wasting time blogging on the computer...maybe they really are doing the best they can and the bathrooms will have to wait for another day. But that doesn't make them a bad person...

5. I had to be at the office this morning at 7:00 to meet our new cleaning lady. We were attempting to clean the office by ourselves for the last little while (after the last cleaning people left the door unlocked and a patient came in and set off the alarm and the armed guard was called). And yes...to save $$$. But it wasn't working out so well, it's best right now that we budget a little money towards a cleaning lady or we might just run off patients before they make it through the dirty little glass door. I must say when my alarm went off at 5:30, it was a good thing I had to meet someone somewhere or there's no way in heck I would have gotten my lazy bottom out of my warm snuggly bed!

And because every post needs a picture... going along with the nothing to say theme. You can never say I have no pictures to post. There is always a winner lurking deep in the bottom of your camera card that hasn't been posted yet. Ha! I got a good laugh out of this one! Thanksgiving in Phoenix... a little too cold to be jumping in the pool?!? No way! Jump in clothes and all I dare you! And then, my little girlies sat in Diane's bathroom naked for about an hour while their clothes were in the dryer because there was NO WAY they were putting on boy clothes and FOR SURE NO WAY they were putting on boys underwear. What is that flap for in the front anyway???

Photobucket

So there you have it...{TOP 5} reasons that prove that even when you don't THINK you have much to say, every day has moments worth talking about! Thanks for listening!

12 comments:

Kara said...

I always love your posts, I loved seeing you on saturday and I love your new header. Lets just say I love and miss you like crazy=)

Kelli said...

I love the new header! Very cute! But how can you go wrong with such cute girls!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

#4 is about me isn't it?! :) I'd take an updated blog before scrubbing pee off of everything (I have 2 extra little boys in the house) ANYDAY! :)

I love Syd's face in that last picture! What a cutie!

Oh, and I too love the header and all of your posts! :)

{Jamey} said...

I want to see the 4 leaf clover hairdo! Sounds creative :) As far as the bathrooms go...some people have all boys, and no matter how much you wipe them off there are always little spots the next time you go back. I need to teach them that boys do need to wipe too... THE TOILET!!! I'm glad you did Top 5 Tuesday I always loved reading your Top 5 for the day :)

Diane said...

We're not sure but from some of Samuel's pictures we think he might be retarded. I let you know if it becomes official.

Tana said...

I am totally with you on the toilet thing but I have to tell you something so gross, yesterday, Mindy's little Dylan had to go potty and he looked in the toilet and then looked at me and then he flushed it...but it was already flushed. GROSS! Even I had run out of excuses. I soaked the crap out of it this morning. Get it. I crack myself up sometimes. Point being. Until that happens (or Shalece comes for a visit) your toilets are probably ok. Love the new look, your photos are beautiful.

Just Us said...

Yay, the top 5 has returned. I love your top 5's.

{Jamey} said...

P.S. It's 10:30 pm and it has been one of those days. You know... one of those days when you have 100 things to do and nothing seems to get done. You're late for everything, and on the go constantly. You realize that it's dinner time, and there's nothing to eat so you make PB & J and feel guilty cause there's no REAL dinner that night. Well after the day I've had I feel good knowing that thanks to Carrie I can go to bed knowing that all my toilets are sparkling clean :)

Holly Ogden said...

I have missed the top 5. Good to have it back. I need to call you, it has been too long again!

Adrie Peterson said...

Carrie,
You are the best! This was such fun to read. Every number was so great. I really loved #4 about the bathrooms, because mine are sometimes less than tidy...because I have been spending my day reading blogs, or writing in my own blog...and I LOVE it! Well, I don't love the messy house, but the bloggers "fix" is well worth it! By the way, your new pictures at the top of your blog are AWESOME! You should be a professional photographer. Serious.

{Lindsey} said...

Okay, first of all...hilarious about the boys underpants. I have to say, I wouldn't want to put them on either. I remember what my brother's underpants looked like when I was younger (skidmarks rings a bell ahahha). Thanks for the reminder and the laugh!

I love, love, love your new quote about friends! When you move all over like we have and you meet awesome people along the way, there are those who we meet that make our lives better but then it's time to move on. I am grateful for each and everyone that I have met along the way and of course, that includes YOU!

p.s. I drive to the bus stop now, I know pathetic, but it's just not the same :(

Anonymous said...

Good to see a post from you. I finally started making my boys sit down when they pee. It saves on alot of messes! Christie always waits until her toilets start growing, and we still love her!! So you are definately ok.