Sunday, May 24, 2009

Wait for it...

A few months ago I heard the announcement that Taylor Swift was coming in concert to Mandalay Bay on May 23rd. I thought to myself, "Oh man...would my little girls love to go to that concert!" As soon as the tickets went on sale I got online 'just to check'. But when I saw the ticket prices, even for the nose bleed section, I knew it wasn't going to happen. Poor us...

Last week I even got an email from Amanda telling me that someone was advertising 2 Taylor Swift tickets in the Mt. Express. I checked it out...$175 for 2 tickets. My response was, "I'm sure my girls would love to go, but I'm buying two weeks of groceries with that money instead."

However, for the past couple of days I've been a Craig's List stalker...just checking to see if anyone got desperate to dump their tickets. Last night the prices started to drop, I even woke Dan up from the dead of sleep to tell him how low the prices were and to beg him to agree to going. He said, "I love you honey, but we can't afford it." (name the conference talk)

All day the prices dropped, but I kept getting the "NO" from my wise hubby. Then at 7:15 (the show started at 7:30) I saw a posting that said 'cheap, make an offer'. So I called. I asked, "How much?" He said, "$55 a ticket". I said, "Ok, no thank you." He said, "Hold on...it's late make me an offer. $100 for all four tickets and they're yours." I said, "I already found some for $100 and my hubby said no." He said, "Name a price." So I did, and he declined and I hung up and gave up. Two minutes later my phone rang and he said, "We'll take it. I'm emailing you the tickets right now."

Ha! Yay! So we ALL went to Taylor Swift for the original price of ONE ticket! Can you tell I'm a little proud of myself. True we shouldn't have spent any money on the tickets at all, but I will just "borrow" it out of my grocery budget next month. Who needs to eat anyway? Besides...memories last WAY longer than food! If you could have seen my girlies faces (and I must admit mine too) you would have agreed with me that it was TOTALLY WORTH IT! If we look a little thinner next month you'll know why :)

Even though we were making the mad dash...we had to stop in front of the bus for one photo!

Photobucket


My girls are a little....shall we say, 'sound sensitive'. Ears were plugged for the ENTIRE concert!
Photobucket


But they were happily plugged that's for sure!
Photobucket

Photobucket


Pretty darn good seats for 15 mins before show time...
Photobucket


And low and behold in the middle of the concert, who should appear right at our sections entrace?!? I know it's a bad picture..but we couldn't believe she was singing right in front of us.
Photobucket

Lesson learned...never pay full price for tickets. What a great show, we loved every minute of it! How fun that we can all enjoy a concert together...will we be able to say the same thing when the girls are teenagers???

20 comments:

Kara said...

Can I say Krissa is so jealous right now. I am too. Looks like you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

That is soo awsome! What a great story!

Defa's said...

What a sweet story. I am so excited you got to go.

Sammi said...

I am so JEALOUS!! I want to go!

Just Us said...

Persistance pays off. Good job Carrie. You can come eat at my house next month if you need to, none of you can afford to be any thinner. I will happily feed you. I am glad you guys had a good time, you deserve it.

{sheree} said...

How fun! I am so happy for you guys! And very impressed at your good deal!

Julie Freeman said...

That is so fun - and I'm sure top ramen will taste really great next week. You will love every minute of it thinking about your memories! That is awesome!

Jelina said...

I am so impressed! Great job, Carrie. Who knew you could buy cheap tickets 15 minutes before showtime!

Megan said...

You rock!!!!! And you thought I was the deal-finding-diva!!! Um, I think you take the cake on this one!!! I am so glad you went!!! Yay!!!! :)

{Lindsey} said...

YAY for you all!! I bet you had so much fun and how could you not with such a steal on the tickets!

She must have a concert in SLC soon...on the way home from Provo today we saw two of her tour trucks heading north.

Kelli said...

That is awesome!! What luck! I am glad you did it, you are right, the memories are well worth it!

Queenie said...

You are always so smart. Who would of thunk!(That is the Delta talkin') 15 minutes before the show!! I tried to take Hallee to see her in Salt Lake but I didn't get tickets. Darn!! I should have been a better shopper.

Amanda said...

Yes I get the SLOW award today! haven't read blogs all weekend! What a blast! I'm so glad you all got to go! See we should talk about the fun things you're doing...Just kidding. You know I'll talk about anything. You're not 8 yrs or under;)

Jared said...

Next time I need tickets for a good deal I am going to hire you to get them for me! Nice work! Sounds and looks like it was a blast.

Jared said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CARDON RODEO said...

you guys deserve a sweet deal!! and you know your girls really will remember it forever!!

Tana said...

My dad once waited in for hours with a numbered band on his wrist for Garth Brooks tickets. (They were only $26). He got tickets for my three sisters, my mom and grandma. It is still one of my fondest memeories of our family all together. That's awesome that you got tickets!

[BrookeO] said...

I will totally agree. Money well spent!!

Allens, Inc. said...

Saw a cool documentary about her. She seems like a neat girl. Glad you guys got to go! (Especially for that price. Now, let's see if MJ can get BYU tickets like that...).

Adrie Peterson said...

Carrie,
Somehow I missed this post...oh yes, I was in California. Anyway, it was super cute! I'm so glad that you had a great time, and that your girls think you're the coolest mom on the planet! If I can remember right, the Conference talk you referenced was by Elder Hales in May, 2009, was it not?! I'm not sure, but I'm thinking it could be the one! Wasn't it such a great talk? So pertinent for our times. O.k., I'll stop babbling now. I hope you are all doing well!