BUDGET!
Keep reading...don't give up on this post just because I said the "B" word!
For the last few months I've been on the hunt for the perfect budgeting software. Up to this point I've been using (you guessed it) a good old pen and paper. And while there's nothing wrong with this method, I figured I might as well take advantage of the ease and accuracy of modern technology.
The only problem was that after I asked a bunch of people what program they used, I didn't find anyone who LOVED their current system. I found people who were using Microsoft Money, Quicken etc...but everybody I talked to had certain concerns about the various programs they were using.
So I got online and Googled "Microsoft Money" and began a search for a budget program that would work for my little family and our oh-so-tight budget.
I quickly came across a program called "YNAB" or You Need a Budget. I got on their website and read about it, watched a bunch of the tutorials, read the testimonials etc, I even sent an email to my mom so she could check it out and give me her opinion.
Anyway...I ended up spending the $50 to buy the YNAB Pro software, downloaded it immediately and I have been LOVING it ever since. No, I am not being paid for this advertisement, I just know how great this has been for Dan and I over the last few months and I wanted to share. I know there are a lot of us out there who are having to be really careful with our finances right now and this program is very user friendly, the tutorials are very helpful and I've even emailed a few questions and have gotten a reply very quickly.
If you already have a system that is working great for you then ignore this post, but if not I would go check this website out:
youneedabudget.com
I wanted to use it for a while before I felt comfortable recommending it to others, but now I can safely say that I love it and it has made my life so much easier!
Sunday, May 31, 2009
You need a...
Posted by Norris Fam at 11:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Thanks so much for the link. I have been looking a for a budgeting software and now I have one thanks
So, how does this work with being self-employed? It has been kinda hard for me to truly budget since I don't know what is coming in and when it is coming. I keep track of what is due and when by using a pocket calendar, but that is as far as it goes. I know how much I need by each date! Anyways.....How is working for you?! :)
Ok Carrie I read you post on this about a week ago when you posted it, and didn't really think seriously about it the first time. Well this weekend Zane and I were going over our budget and decided we needed to figure out something better besides the pen and paper, so I went back to your blog and linked to the website. After reading over how it works I downloaded it and I LOVE IT! I've only had it two days and already feel so much better about our budget! So....Thanks for the post, and recommending it! Good bye pen and paper!
Thanks Carrie. I love it.
Heaven knows we could use some help in that department. I'll have to check it out...thanks for the recommendation. How's FB going?
I hope you like it...the more people you find the more you'll like it.
Post a Comment