Yes...I am just about to post 26 pictures. Is that a new record? Considering the fact that I took 103 pictures over our Labor Day campout...I'd say limiting it to 26 is pretty darn good!
Camping Rule #1: You can never eat enough smores!
Camping Rule #2: Men who never (ok almost never) cook at home, must take over any and all cooking because it involves FIRE! And fire is fun to play in!
Rule #3: You must run in the bushes and let your imaginations run wild for 3 days straight. Star Wars, Indians, Red Light Green Light...just watch out for Dave's surprise while you're out there.
Rule #4: You must stop, take a breath, and really enjoy the beauty that God has created all around us.
(can you see Dan & Syd?)
Rule #5: You must stop and strike a pose even if the person taking the picture wants a more candid shot. A well trained child will always stop what they're doing and smile at the camera :)
Rule #6: Absolutely no make-up allowed! You know you're with the right crowd when you know you aren't looking your very best and you don't even care- love that!
Rule #7: You must get dirty! And if you can mix the dirt with water that's even better! (I love Joslynn's face in the background)
Rule #8: You must have a few activities up your sleeves just in case the natives get restless.
Rule #9: It is required to have a good game of Bingo at all family functions. While camping use rocks as markers...they are everywhere and they don't blow away.
Rule #10: Never forget your toothbrush. (This one is for you Diane..."do I have anything on my teeth?")
Rule #11: If a little glue is good, a LOT of glue is better...especially when securing rocks to paper!
(Cedar Breaks)
Rule #12: You must stop and enjoy the sunset. (photo courtesy of KayLynn)


























17 comments:
Looks like so much fun Carrie! Sooo glad you guys had a fun getaway! As always, LOVE your pictures and your clever way of telling your stories! :)
Yeah a new post. Such cute girls and I wish I looked that good without makeup=)Looks like you had a good time next time I think you should camp in idaho we miss you!
Did you tell the warm fuzzies story with the pom pom creatures? That is what they made me think of. It looks like you had a lot of fun.
Fun! We need to go camping with you guys! You have all sorts of fun things to do :) Looks like a fun camp out! Well worth the quick trip to Utah to got to Cabelas ;)
Oops... I meant go to Cabelas. I hate when I make typing mistakes :P
You couldnt look bad if you tried!!! So fun! I agree with Kara, I know a GREAT camping area....its called Sun Valley!!
Carrie,
WOW! What a great trip you had! I loved every single bit of this post. You should go "pro" :)
How fun! I love it, love all the pics.
Miss ya girl!
Fun! All your pictures makes me miss you guys so much!
I am so glad you guys had a great time! I love having the no make up days. I enjoyed every on of the pictures you posted!
We need to get together this week! It has been to long since we have seen each other.
Um who is that hideous whitch in picture 21 or so. Can you please tell that woman to never get any closer than 25 feet to the front of a camera. No, Mr. DeMill, I am deffinitly NOT ready for my close up.
But speaking of warm fuzzies...I get them just thinking of all the fun. Also If the cooking is done over a fire pit in my back yard does that count as the man's job?
Excuse me now I am going to go dig a whole and line it with rocks. (and possibly brush my teeth!)
Camping is so much fun! And that is one beautiful area of Utah. What great activities for all the kids...love the pics.
Miss you.
We passed through Panguith last week on our way to Lake Powell...on the drive home I was telling Ben that we really need to take an extra day one year so I can take him to Cedar Breaks. I love it there. My family almost moved there when I was in high school. We were looking at buying a hotel/restaraunt at Brian Head. Kind of glad we didn't. Nice place to visit, probably not to live. :) Love the pics.
I want to know who brought the pink paper and glue to the campout. I'm going camping with them next time! Looks like so much fun, and I love that you took so many pictures. Your family will thank you for it--take it from a girl whose parents were notorious for "forgetting" their camera (sound familiar?). P. S. I think you're beautiful without make-up, and if anyone tells you differently, kick them in the shins.
Great pictures-as always.
Please tell me you get to run down "hell's hill", that thing looks awful!
I enjoyed all 26 pictures. Well, maybe not the one of KayLynn's teeth. What a fun camping trip!
Post a Comment