Sunday, October 11, 2009

RAGNAR BABY!!!

Yay! We did it! And not only did we do it...we took 3rd place in the female division!!! I hope we get another medal for that one! Here are a few pictures I stole from a team members facebook album. There will be more coming but I thought I post a few for starters...

THE RAGNAR ROOKIES!!!


Crossing the finish line all together. You can't see me because I'm behind in the back, but just looking at this picture makes me happy!

Team mate, Jill, running through the celebration tunnel at the end of her last leg! Hallelujah!

Just so you know...I ran with a smile on my face for my entire 11 miles :) ha, ha!

A few of us before Kalli took off on her night run (notice the reflective vest and head lamp).

Our van...VAN 1! I had such a blast with these girls! Staying up until all hours of the night (literally) laughing, driving, running, telling secrets, discussing boys, cheering & enjoying the team spirit that comes with a race like this. These girls are awesome. (me, Amy, Megan, Betsy, Kalli & Jill)
Unfortunately there was a terrible tragedy during the race and one of the runners was hit and killed by a drunk driver. Here is a link to the news story if you're interested. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

24 comments:

Kara said...

Carrie you are my hero! Way to go. 11 miles would probably have killed me=)

[BrookeO] said...

Awesome C. I love it!!!
...Is that Betsy Fowler????!

Just Us said...

That looks like so much fun. Good job for doing it, especially with a smile on your face.

{sheree} said...

Good job Carrie! It really does look like fun! :)

Defa's said...

That is awesome!

The Hills said...

You are my hero!!! I can't believe you guys came in 3rd!!! Way to go! Maren

Adrie Peterson said...

Carrie, this was so fun to read/see! Congrats on doing a great job!!

Kristin and Jay said...

Go Carrie! I am so proud of you, I would NEVER be able to run 11 miles! And you still managed to be good looking doing it =) That's horrible somebody got hit, that makes me sick! I'm glad your team got done safe and sound!

Anonymous said...

Go Carrie. I haven't ran in forever. It makes me so sad about the guy that got hit. His poor family. I'm glad nobody else was injured. What a great accomplishment.

Anonymous said...

YOU DID IT GIRL!!!! Congrats! Looks like you had a great time and what a sense of accomplishment you should feel. It is so sad to hear about the runner getting hit and killed....I think he was an Elder in my mission....same name and age is about right. SOOOO....sad. But, I am so proud of you....good job!

Love ya,
Nikki K.

Megan said...

That is amazing! You all looks so cute in your pink! 11 miles. Wowee! Great job, girl!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Yay Carrie! Honestly my heart did stop when you mentioned the runner being killed, but then I thought...I am sure a family member would have called by now if it was my sister! Oh logic...what a kind friend!

I LOVE YOU CARRIE! I got teary when I read that you had fun and laughed and played! You deserve it more than anyone! I love seeing your smiling face!

Jeppson Clan said...

Way to go! That looks like a lot of fun! I'm so glad you all are safe!

Courtney & Marcie said...

Good Job!! It looks like you had lots of fun, and you look great. Glad things went well.

KayLynn said...

Hip Hip Hoorah! Way to go Idaho! Oh wait I mean Nevada. I know that this has no real bearing on your life, but I am so proud of you big sis. You make me want to be better.

Amanda said...

How sad for that family:( Don't think I'll be doing a ragnar! Good job! If I could type the Rand family "were proud of you song" I would but it doesn't have the same effect:)

Brooke said...

You ROCK girl! Great job, I am glad you had an awesome time running and hanging out with the group!

I know you smiled the whole time you raced, who are you kidding!

Anonymous said...

Confirmed last night. That was the Elder from my mission (he was an AP) and he grew up in Star Valley with Lynn - good family friend. His dad was one of Lynn's Highschool teachers/mentor. Fabulous family - such an awful tragedy.

Take care and be careful out there running!

Nikki

Julie Freeman said...

Congrats Carrie! I have heard that is an awesome race - oh and by the way your hair looks awesome!!!

{Lindsey} said...

Looks and sounds like you had a blast! You rock girl.
I heard about the guy being hit and killed...so scary. Glad you and your team are good and well :)

Allens, Inc. said...

NO WAY, JOSE (with an accent, of course)!!! You did it, AND had fun. I'm so happy for you and your team. Now that you've run that race, it doesn't mean that you're going for time in the St. G. half, does it? I'm cheering for you from Oregon! (Sick about the fellow who was hit. You just never do know, do you?)

Holly Ogden said...

You are amazing. What a great accomplishment!

Jaime said...

You ran with Betsy Fowler?!! I went to hs with her! Awesome. This looks like an amazing time! I had no idea about this race until my girlfriend here in Rochester who I run with ran it. Maybe next year...

lrockwellfamily said...

Carrie, that is so awesome! I wish I could take up running, it is a great sport. I know the man that was killed named Jeremy Kunz. It is so tragic He is my sister - in -laws brother. I went to his funeral and he was such a neat guy. He had a wife and three kids. He comes from a neat family. It is so sad, but the Relay is a neat thing. Way to go!