Sunday, October 4, 2009

What do you think?

Holy macro...I've been neglecting my blog lately! Honestly and truly there hasn't been anything exciting or noteworthy going on around here. The girls are both loving school, which I am THRILLED about. They love their teachers and they both have friends to play with at recess and eat lunch with. It is amazing how much more I can get done at the office since I don't have to drive Syd back and forth in the middle of the day. It's definitely a win/win situation. They're happy and I'm happy.

On a different note...I've been feeling like I'm in a little bit of a "hair rut" lately. My hair is probably almost as long as it was when Dan and I got married. I like having it long, except for the fact that it takes me forever to blow-dry (but I don't do it every day) and now that we're running in the morning I'm not able to go 3 days between washings. So, I would like your opinion please. Should I keep it long and maybe get some sort of an "edgy" long cut and spend half my life blow-drying it :) Or should I get it cut shorter and find a cut/style that works with the natural curl that I have only on the underneath side of my hair?

Here are some hair style ideas that Dan and I both liked. Please cast your vote...

#1- Keep it long


#2-
#3-
#4-

Or...make a different suggestion. Nothing you can say will hurt my feelings and there are a few very talented hair dressers out there (you know who you are) who should be full of good suggestions for me!

18 comments:

{sheree} said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
{sheree} said...

Go short! I like all 3 of the short styles, you guys found some way cute ones! Short hair would be HOT on you, but you always look beautiful, so that's not really a surprise. I always think about cutting my hair, just because of the blowdrying factor...can you imagine less time spent blowdrying? What would you do with yourself? ;) Anyways, my vote is to cut it shorter. :)

Just Us said...

I say short too. I love short hair, I think it's a bit more sassy than long hair. I say that because my hair long is dumb so I like to pretend my short hair is sassy. I have never seen you with short hair. I think you could definatley pull it off and you probably would love it.

Rosemary and Rick said...

I like #3. I haven't seen you in years, but you are so cute with short hair.

Kara said...

I say go short I like #3. You can pull off anything (just make sure and take care of those roots yep amanda told me the story ha ha

KayLynn said...

I gave you my openion, short all the way!! #2 and 3 are kind of the same cut, jut one used the curl and one straightened it and flipped it. I think sice you liked both of those that is the way to go. Make sure she thins the crap out of it! Bangs or no bangs...now THAT is the question :)

Kristin and Jay said...

Well what does it look like long?!! I want to see that picture first! BUT I also like the short. Yeah, I'm not the best one to give an opinion =)

Megan said...

First of all, you have amazing hair and I don't think you could do anything to it to make it look bad. You know I like curly, so I vote for getting a cut that you can blowdry faster and work what curl you have! I have worn my hair straight and curly, and curly is waaaayyyy faster. Put some kind of mousse or gel or whatever in. Get a defuser to put on the end of your blow dryer, so you can encourage the curl while drying it. Scrunch it while you go and ta-da. I bet it would be super cute.

Jeppson Clan said...

I love your hair long! You will look beautiful no matter what you do. With running keep in mind about how you want to pull it back, like at least to fit in a ponytail or if you are okay with it down. I can't stand to have any little strand touching me when I run, but I am quirky.

Amanda said...

Are you coloring it too;) I'm TOTALLY kidding! hehe I think with your coarse thick hair that the straight one would work well. They are all pretty similar, if you did long choppy layers I think you could still get away with the natural curl look when you don't have a lot of time. Good luck! You will look good regarless..

Jelina said...

I'm with Kristin...I need to see it long. But, I like #3. That is the same picture I found when I was thinking of cutting mine short. Ya, I know, I haven't done it, yet...maybe someday.

Adrie Peterson said...

Carrie,
Well, I say GO SHORT! You'd look great no matter what you do. If you don't like it, you can just grow it out again, and you'd be back to long in no time.

I really like #1, but #2 & #3 are super cute too. However, I will say that I agree with one of the other comments: numbers 2 & 3 are a similar cut, one is just straight, the other curly.

You can't go wrong...you're too pretty!!

{Jamey} said...

I say whatever makes getting ready easier! You always look beautiful no matter what so it really doesn't matter! If you want an alternative you could always shave it off! Problem solved... No more blow drying or styling! Just get up and go! I'm sure you would be a beautiful bald woman as well! Ha ha! Just a thought!

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with KayLynn. Cut it soon so that it is sooo cute when I come to see you and Christie. And, I heard that you had an offer to go somewhere the same time I am there. You have to be there so that I can see you!!! We will have so much fun.

Anonymous said...

No matter what you do will be super cute. I really like #2; in fact I might steal it for my hair. I need a cut/style BAD! Do you have any suggestion for me?

Nikki

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Your hair is WAY long! At least it was in June! Love it long, but I hear ya on the blow drying thing. It takes me like 2 min and I hate spending even that! (Lazy, I know!)

I love #2. I agree with Kaylynn. 2 & 3 are kind of the same cut. I think it would look great with your curly hair and that would make life SO much easier for you!

I say 2 all the way! :) Can't wait to find out what you decide. Maybe I will find out in person! Ry and I were talking about coming to see you! WOO HOO! LOVES!

Melanie said...

I LOVE Ragnar Relay! I did the Northwest Passage! Good for you, the Valley of Fire is SO BEAUTIFUL this time of year. And I was concerned about my midnight run and it was my best run out of the three, you'll have a headlamp and tons of people around. You should have Dan be a bike pacer for you. When its dark Ragnar allows a person to ride a bike along side you while you run in the dark. OUr team didn't have a pacer but it would have been nice

Allens, Inc. said...

I know I'm late too, and you've already made your decision, but... long. You and I have similar ultra thick afro-style hair, so when I think of it short a song comes to mind:

Puff the magic dragon
Lived in L. V. (or Roseburg)
And frolicked in the autumn heat
In a race called Ragnar Relay.

Little Jackie Daniels
Loved that rascal Puff
And brought her gatorade and deodorant
And other fancy stuff. Oh!...

I could go on, but I'll spare you. You get the point anyway. I love short hair and have even loved it on myself at times, but generally I find that I spend most of my life growing it out. You have the necessary je ne sais quoi to pull of anything though. I'd even claim you with a buzz, but I agree with Jamey and the running bit. I need to call you and get the scoop on life in general and particularly the RACE!!!