Why does it occasionally feel like Dan and I are sometimes the victims of random acts of crime? (Remember the car bombing in St. George???)
Why would somebody throw a cement brick paver through one of the windows at the office and steal some really random items out of Dan's lab? Why would anyone want a medical grade pressure pot and two dental articulators? Why is it not fair that Dan now gets a pressure pot for Christmas?
Why oh why oh why...didn't our ALARM GO OFF???
Why do I suddenly feel like I need to keep mace with me at the office since I'm there alone a lot? Why am I having second thoughts about all the late nights Dan spends working in his lab?
Why is my daughter drawing pictures of robbers climbing in the window...and why did my other daughter sleep in bed with us last night?




20 comments:
What in the world Carrie??
I dont even know what a pressure pot or an articulator is. That is weird that they only took those items though. I am so sorry. Enough already. I say yes to the mace just to be safe, that or go get Beau back, I know he would protect you.
That picture Kallie drew is quite artistic. Scary for them to think about though. So sorry.
Ugh! So sorry that happened to you guys! Random theft, maybe a dare? I can relate to things like that affecting you and your children. Yes to Mace.
We have some interesting drawings Jay and Asher drew after our wreck. It seems to be one of childrens' outlets. If only it were that simple for adults... Glad you guys are safe!
I don't know why anyone would want to make your life miserable at all. Definetly yes to mace and maybe just yes to moving back to idaho=) I have no idea what those things they stole are either. Sounds like its time to get a new alarm system. Im sorry=(
This scripture came to mind, After the trial come the blessings. Hang in there.
I agree with Darlene! Hang in there a little, Sydney will soon sleep in her own bed again! I don't blame her a bit, I would want to sleep with my parents too! After you get robbed you don't ever feel like you can relax. I hate that panic feeling as well that happens to come with it! I will be GLAD to come sit at the office with you, really!
What is up with dental office theft? My cousin's dental office was broken into last month. Maybe there is a new breed of criminal on the loose: The Dentist Thief. He is raiding other dental offices until he has enough equipment to set up his own office and...okay maybe not. I'm glad the damage wasn't worse! Oh, and here's a burglary you don't hear of every day: in my dad's stake, someone just stole a piano. They rolled it right out of the Relief Society room and took it away.
Carrie!
This is so maddening. I'm so sorry for you all. I'm SOOO sorry!!!!!! This only makes my anger from my brother's break-in that much bigger. I wish we could catch those robbers and land them in the slammer. I'll be praying DAILY for you, and Dan, and your girls.
That is CRAZY! You better keep mace with you Carrie! That makes me a bit nervous!
I seriously can't believe it! That is nuts!
Mace and a BIG bat sound good. To be honest, that is the first thought I had after you told me - just be careful and be safe (you and Dan, both). Well, hang in there and let me know if you need anything.
Yikes! Seriously?!!! I don't even know what a pressure pot or an articulator is, but it sounds like a good combo for meth?! =) I don't know, but that is scary! I say yes to Mace too and maybe a stun gun, but that one might be too fun to try out on peopple =)
Oh Carrie!! I am so sorry! What a random, strange and scary thing! I am glad you are all safe though!
Carrie, that is so scary. After our car got broken into and my ipod stolen, Kelsey was playing Little People and I overheard her saying, "oh no! The bad guys stole my baby!" Poor kids, I sure wish we could protect them from everything. And, I'm really glad it was just an ipod, not a child!!!
Oh my gosh!! I am so sorry this happened! So so awful. I'm glad nobody was there and nobody was threatened or hurt.
Maybe they can use that stuff to make drugs???
SO scary and thank goodness for insurance right??? So does Dan really have to get a new pressure pot for Christmas ;)
Oh Carrie, I'm soo sorry! I do love her drawing though, she is really good - she caught every detail! I hope you can be grateful for good insurance!
I'm so sorry!
On a sidenote your Christmas card is adorable, and also I miss you. Even though this post sucks, your attitude never ceases to amaze me.
Love ya babe!
OMG Seriously-people are so dumb. Maybe it was a gang initiation.. Just kidding. Hope they find the idiot! I bet that equipment is in a dumpster somewhere...
Ditto! I remember when M's office was broken into. Our's was a moron thief too, taking petty cash, Michael's backpack (with his favorite tie from an old Communist German train conductor from his mission, and his CE presentations and research) and some random odds and ends, leaving a big stack of presigned business checks that were sitting next to the cash. Michael was most sad about losing his tie though, especially imagining it in some dumpster. It makes you feel very vulnerable and uneasy. Also reminds me of the time some guys were ransacking neighbohood cars and were seen digging around in our van in the driveway. When the police caught them and brought them back to check if we were missing anything I just laughed. "Oh, maybe a shoe or some board books. I think there are some old hamburger wrappers in there that could be worth something..." However, hate the feeling of insecurity. Mace is a good idea, or some really mean garlic breath.
Oh Carrie, I am so sorry! That has to be one of the worst feelings ever; and, it was just last year that you guys were feeling like this because of the neighbor's car-bombing.
I'm so glad that you guys are all ok and yes, I'd be getting some mace or something to have while you're there alone!
That makes my stomach sick. Its just maddening how many people feel like they can take what they don't own or deserve. Yes, on the mace and maybe an irrate call to the alarm company would be in order!! Maren
See I knew I needed to know your blog address because even though I see you quite often and even though we work in YW together I am reading so much I didn't know about you. So sorry that this had to happen. I'm with you--Why?
Post a Comment