Thursday, January 14, 2010

Contrary to what you might think...

We did celebrate Christmas this year. It just takes me forever to post things these days...why is that??? And contrary to what you might think...we did spend some great quality time with the Norris family, I just failed to take any photos of our time over there. But we love them A LOT just the same. I'll do better next year...

Christmas nativity scene...Cute Sadie kept whispering something in donkey Dan's ear over and over. At the end we asked Dan what she was saying and he told us she didn't say a word the entire time she just kept breathing really heavy in his ear :)

Photobucket


Every year for as long as I can remember we've had a talent show. We used to participate in the show but now we just take pictures of our kids showing off their talents. KayLynn took this picture and I thought the effect was so cool. James was showing us how fast he could stack his cups...I think we'll all agree that is pretty dang fast!!!
Photobucket


Kallie and Syd singing the "12 Dogs of Christmas"...each day was a different dog and on the 12th day "my true love gave to me...a CAT!" They learned it in choir class at their school. Notice their "NEW YORK" shirts from Grandma Sherry!
Photobucket


Grandpa's talent...getting kids all rialed up (how in the heck do you spell rialed???).
Photobucket


And look at that great Santa straight from the North Pole!!! Their faces crack me up and I love how she has to hold onto the chair so she doesn't fall to the floor.
Photobucket


What did Dave want for Christmas? A Wii!
Photobucket


Look at those cute PJs and even cuter fuzzy socks!
Photobucket

Photobucket


CHRISTMAS MORNING!!! I told the girls they couldn't get up until the clock said 7-0-0. Syd had to get up at 6:15 to go the bathroom and then proceeded to come into our room every 5 minutes after that saying..."Mom it's 6-2-3 can we get up now?" NO "Mom it's 6-3-1 can we get up now?" NO...you get the idea.
Photobucket


Look what Santa brought? Are you having flash backs to your childhood?
Photobucket


And the best present of all...a "go fish" game from the $1 aisle at Target. I haven't seen everyone laugh that hard for a long time! Of course I couldn't play because I was on the sidelines for HOURS assembling a Playmobil horse stall.
Photobucket

Coming soon...amazing photos from KayLynn from their visit to Vegas for New Years. Since KayLynn doesn't have internet right now she burned them on a disc for me to post. She got some good ones too...and hopefully it won't be a month before I actually get them on here :)

11 comments:

Brooke said...

Yeah, you posted something! It looks like everyone had a great time visiting family for the holidays.

I sure hope we get to see you guys soon. It has probably been a month again. I don't think any of us are sick anymore, ya never know these days. Are you guys feeling better?

Isn't it great that they always seem to love the gift you don't expect. And it is usually the cheapest! My girls made a clubhouse out of a HUGE box. The played in it for the entire week. It almost killed them when I threw it away.

Diane said...

I'm glad you posted. SO dang cute. I love the ones where your Mom and Dad are laughing so hard.

Megan said...

I haven't posted my Christmas pictures either, and it's not looking like I will anytime soon! LOL! Looks like you had a great holiday! :)

Mandi and Adam said...

How fun! I love Santa Ellie. And all of your family pictures in your header are adorable too.

Adrie Peterson said...

What a fun time you all had :) I love those skates...they are very similar to the ones I had as a 10-year-old!

Kara said...

I still have my skates that look like that. Krissa wears them now=) Looks like you had a great christmas. Your girls are getting so tall!

Anonymous said...

I loved all the pictures. It was so fun to see all these faces that I remember so well. Tell your parents hi for me. The girls sure had fun.

Just Us said...

What great pictures Carrie. I love, love, LOVE Ellie as Santa Claus. She is the cutest thing. I love her Dad sitting on her lap. That made me laugh so hard. I am also so glad that even with all the hustle and bustle of Christmas I got to spend a little time with you. I love you. You are such a great friend.

[BrookeO] said...

Cute, cute post. Love them whenever you get around to posting.
You guys have the best of times I swear!

PS My girls all got those same jammies for Christmas - gotta love Target!!!!!
Happy New Year!

{Lindsey} said...

Looks like the fabulous Norris family had a wonderful Christmas!
I would LOVE to go to lunch with you next Saturday!! YAY I am so excitd to see you! We'll talk soon :)

Allens, Inc. said...

James was looking at these pictures with me and was so excited when Santa came up! "Santa! Mom, Santa Caws, Mom! Mom! Santa!" That's about the funniest Santa I've ever seen, especially the pictures with Dave on "his" lap.