Sunday, January 31, 2010

Happy 88th!

(Sorry these pictures are gigantic! I'm not sure what I did to them, but I'm too lazy to go change all of them. Hopefully your computer can handle it:)

Friday, January 29 was Dan's Grandma Sellers 88th birthday! One of the most fabulous things about living in Vegas is being close to Grandma and aunt Linda. We have loved being able to spend time with them and really build a relationship that is hard when you live far away.

Linda prepared a delicious feast for the whole gang...

Photobucket


No party is complete without the most annoying noisemakers you can find. I tried really hard to find party hats too, but if you can believe it- Walmart only had Transformer hats. Bummer! Grandma would have looked so cute with a noisemaker and a party hat!!!
Photobucket


Grandma's request for dessert...lemon! Most of you know that I love these little Pepperidge Farms cakes from the frozen section (probably because I could eat a whole one by myself). We had three to choose from...lemon, chocolate and coconut.
Photobucket


Wouldn't it have been great to really have 88 candles?!? Maybe we'll do that next year for #89.
Photobucket


This picture was actually taken a couple weeks ago when Dan's parents were in town for a visit. Dan's mom (Grandma Sherry) is standing in the back, Aunt Linda on the left and Grandma Sellers on the right. Love this picture!
Photobucket

Last (and certainly least) if any of you are interested in seeing some "professional" pictures of my running the race last weekend go HERE. Most of them are pretty hilarious. I either look like I'm crying or about to lay down and die (it was true actually). And little did I know that a tiny section of my belly was hanging out for all to see during most of the race. Pretty funny if you ask me!

8 comments:

Darlene said...

I think you look great in the race pictures.

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday to Grandma Sellers!

The race pictures are great, I love how they catch you in the moment. The belly is awesome, not as bad as I imagined it!

Congrats, on finishing the race!

{Jamey} said...

Happy Birthday Grandma Sellers! We really need to get to Las Vegas! I STILL haven't met this beautiful lady!

Elise said...

Great pictures. I am sure that you ordered the large fridge magnet or the mouse pad. Who wouldn't?

KayLynn said...

When you said "belly" I pictured something grotesque, like that that I see in the mirror daily. I didn't picture a 1 inch triangle of skin, that in no way should be called a "belly". that is reserved for those who do not run half marathons. Those are great pictures though. I think I will skip the marathon and go straight for the cake...maybe that explains my belly . :)

Amanda said...

Now that is one sexy triangle belly!

{Lindsey} said...

What a fun party for such a pretty lady. Those cakes looked delish!

You're too funny regarding your pictures. If you wouldn't have said anything about your tummy, I don't think anybody would have even noticed the 1/4 x 1/4 inch showing of it. It looks like in pictures 8 and 9 you got some renewed energy :)
It's quite an accomplishment...you should order a couple of them!

The Hills said...

You do not look like you're going to die...in fact in some you look down right bored. If anything its the woman in back of you that looks about ready to keel over:) Oh and I can't believe that you were that risque, you might as well have been wearing a victoria secret bra. You brazen hussy!! Maren