Monday, March 8, 2010

Happy Day!

March 5th was my sweet little Sydney's 7th birthday. I'm having heart attacks that soon I'm going to have a 10 year old and a 7 year old...feeling just a tad bit old right about now.

Here's the Happy Birthday Sign Kallie made all by herself. I loved it! Please notice the SYD part, each letter is something that starts with that letter. S-snake Y-yoyo D-donut. We still have this up because Kallie worked too hard to just rip it down at the end of the day.

Photobucket


Tradition...breakfast in bed. Syd isn't really an egg kinda girl so she got cinnamon rolls, fruit & bacon.
Photobucket


Isn't this picture the greatest...total bed head. I think she looks adorable, I just need to remember to take her earrings out at night.
Photobucket



We let Syd open one present before we left for work. Kallie convinced her that she should open the one from her. Kallie gave Syd some new earrings and a "Liv" doll...what are those anyway? Wig hair and creepy eyes, but Syd loved it.
Photobucket


This year Syd opted NOT to have a party but to get a pedicure and fingernail painting instead. It was too expensive for all 3 of us so just Kallie and Syd got pampered this year. It was so fun! I had tons of fun watching (and laughing) at them. They were acting just like teenagers...yikes!
Photobucket


Perusing a magazine (I made her choose one other than Cosmopolitan).
Photobucket


I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. When the nail lady was using the pumice stone on Syd's feet she was giggling her head off because it tickled so bad. She was trying to hide her face behind the magazine but then she couldn't control it any longer and she'd bust up out loud again. I was crying from laughing and the lady doing her feet thought it was beyond hilarious. Wish you all could have been there!
Photobucket


The finished product. For the record...they picked out their matching outfits not me, but I'll admit that I did find a teal shirt and black pants so I could match too. Why didn't I have someone take a picture of the 3 of us???
Photobucket

Photobucket


I'm so mad at myself...I failed to get a picture of the birthday dinner at Olive Garden with Corky and Byrleen. We had a great dinner and I was really glad she picked Olive Garden and not McD's. Bummer...next year I'll remember the photo.

This picture is for Grandma Patti, we loved the American Girl Gift Certificate she made. (FYI- we're heading to California on Wednesday to end track break on a great note. We're having lunch at the American Girl Store, Legoland & the beach).
Photobucket


Syd and Kallie both got lots of this ($) to use at the AG store. I might even make them buy me a souvenir.
Photobucket


Syd picked the cupcakes and the candles...
Photobucket


Happy Birthday little one...
Photobucket


And to top off a fun weekend...we got to see one of our greatest friends who happened to be spending a girls weekend in Vegas. I love this girl. I love that she makes me laugh non-stop. I love that she danced with an cute old man in the middle of the Venetian, I love that she tried on a $2,000 pair of shoes (really), I love that she bought a shirt that said "70% off clearance sale" that was on a store mannequin, and I love that she stopped at the Vegas sign with me (Dan never will). The ones of us together didn't turn out so well...but some stranger is supposed to be emailing us a copy of one he took with his big camera.
Photobucket


Dear Anna- I'm sorry that this room was a pigsty when you stayed with us. I'm truly sorry that I ran out of time between work and party stuff to get it cleaned for you. I took a picture of what it looks like right now in hopes that the bad memory of the way you saw it might be erased forever. Please come again...I'll make it up to you I promise!
Photobucket

Silver and gold baby...some are silver and others are GOLD!

11 comments:

Kara said...

I can't believe syd is 7. Can you believe brady will be 8 in sept? Remeber when they were just 2 and 3 in our little preschool group? Your girls are both so beautiful and look so grown up. When you are in CA next week why dont you drive to vacaville or san fran where we will be all next week and visit. You could see both me and Amanda. Come on you know you want too!

Mandi and Adam said...

That looks like so much fun! Happy birthday Sydney! Your pictures are always so adorable.

Kelli said...

I truly wish I could have seen Sydney getting her pedicure, how cute! And a visit from Anna! What fun!

Amanda said...

Wow those girls really are growing up. Before you know it they will be growing (dare I say it?) BOOBIES! Now that will be something to cry about!
Bridger is now asking for breakfast in bed for his b-day. Fun tradition!

{sheree} said...

Happy Birthday Sydney!!! It looks like she had such a wonderful birthday!!

Allens, Inc. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allens, Inc. said...

Gold, pure gold. I'm emailing some more pictures to you tonight. Thank you so much for letting me come and visit, and for being the perfect hostess to the R-burgers. As for the room: I couldn't have felt more at home had it been any other way, but since you're offering, I think I'll take you up on that someday...

Just Us said...

We are horrible, horrible friends. Believe me, my girls were counting down Syd's birthday here at our house and then the day came and went and we still haven't called. We are so, so sorry. It looks like she had a wonderful birthday. I love that face of hers. Those pictures of her laughing while getting her pedicure and priceless. We will call and wish her a Happy Birthday when you guys get back from your trip. Love you all.

Anonymous said...

I love Syd's "wake-up" face; she is sooo....cute! Riley now wants a new tradition in our house = breakfast in bed for B-days (we shall see). What a fun tradition for you guys. Looks like they had a blast at the "SPA". I love the pictures and can just see them giggling and enjoying themselves. We sure love your girls!

Nikki

Holly Ogden said...

Happy Birthday Sydney! Looks like it was the perfect day for a girlie girl.

I wanna take a picture with you and Anna at the Vegas sign.

KayLynn said...

I am officially caught up on your blog (thank you mom for being tolerant of little Lou whilest I veg in front of your computer.) I think those stories of Anna sound like excellent ideas for one of my visits...may it be sooner than later.

California looked amazing. Maybe if Dave looks at that post we will get our heineys (ok on the 5th try of getting that spelled correctly I give up :) ) in gear and go get some sea, sand, and maybe even some big ears.

Miss you terribly!!