Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday Afternoon...

The advantage to having 9am church is that you get to enjoy a nice relaxing Sunday afternoon. At our house that almost always includes an afternoon nap (for some of us at least). I thought this nap was too cute not to photograph...

Photobucket


Kallie and Syd love little miss Avery. They love to hold her, especially when she's sleeping.
Photobucket


Sydney and Avery...
Photobucket


Kallie giving kisses...which she does very regularly.
Photobucket


My girls...truthfully they were being very (extremely) silly, but you can pretend this was a sweet, peaceful moment if you want.
Photobucket


And, as I eluded to before. The Norris Family is moving yet again...and beginning a new adventure yet again. I've decided Dan probably should have signed up with the military because at least then they would pay for his relocation costs every few years. Dan has purchased a dental office in the itsy-bitsy town of Eureka, Nevada. Eureka is a little mining town west of Ely and south of Elko. I haven't been there myself...but I know the sign as you drive into town says "Welcome to the Friendliest Town on the Loneliest Road in America". (Hwy 50 is called the Loneliest Road)
Photobucket

Dan is purchasing the practice from a general dentist who is retiring and who happens to be the only dentist for miles and miles (and miles) in any direction. He may (or may not) keep working his Vegas office a few times a month...we will wait and see how scheduling goes. We are excited and nervous and optimistic and anxious all at the same time. We feel like this is a really great opportunity and we are looking forward to some of the positive things that small town can offer. The office is located in the county health clinic pictured below.


So there you have it! I said it will be an adventure and I meant it. The town has about as many people in it as Kallie and Syd's elementary school here in Henderson. There is no ward just a branch...I've never been in a branch before. I've visited a lot of branches when I was in the stake YW in Iowa and now we get to take part in one. There is one school for elementary and one school for middle and high school combined. Kallie and Sydney will both have 11 kids in their class and the elementary school is actually one of the highest ranked schools in all of Nevada (plus they have every Friday off). I will keep you posted as the days and weeks progress...but in the meantime, thanks for your positive comments and support! I will post photos as soon as I see it in person!

10 comments:

Queenie said...

Carrie, Did we just switch places? It sounds an awful like my cute Oak City that I miss every day, Delta, not so much. Good Luck my lady! If I have learned anything in this life, it is that things will always work out. Have so much fun and enjoy it.

Danielle said...

Holy Cow! What a move! I though I lived in a small town. The branch there will be excited to have you! If you ever need a road trip we are not that far away in Carson City! Good luck with everything!

[BrookeO] said...

Oh my goodness........

Mandi and Adam said...

Thanks for the details. I knew you were moving to Eureka, but I didn't know any more than that. Good luck in your new adventures!

Kara said...

You will do great wherever you go. Everyone loves the Norris family. As you know I grew up in a town where the elementary,middle, and high school were all in the same building and had 10 in my class. Growing up I loved it there and wouldnt trade it. Cant wait to here how it goes. Good luck.

Wendi said...

Carrie- wow you are sounding just like us with all of your moves!! We hope the best for you and keep us informed of your new address for Christmas card purposes. :) Your girls are so sweet, wish we were still by each other so mine could play with yours.

Kristin and Jay said...

I heard about this move. Oh my! Although it could be fun to tell people you live in a town called Eureka! When I see you again one day, don't be surprised if I yell Eureka....purely because it sounds fun =) Good luck with the move!

Kelli said...

Next time you move, come closer to us! ;) Good luck, Eureka is a lucky place!

Megan said...

I am happy for you and hope this is the last move....for now! Will and I laugh and say it has only taken him 7 years to find the area of law he likes: Personal Injury! He has moved his office 5 times, had a partnership not work out, and rebuilt his practice 3 times. I am hoping we all can "settle" down and that things move smoothly for all! They are very lucky to have you in that cute little town! Good luck and post pictures soon! ((hugs))

Amanda said...

I don't know how I have missed these last few posts...I'm thinking my blog roll has gone a little ba-zurk! I hope you made it alright!