Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hey baby let's go to Vegas!

Sorry these have been forever in coming...not much hanging around the house going on these days. To clear things up a bit...I am now working FULL TIME at Dan's office. Too hard to pay employees the big $$$ while just starting up. My day goes something like this: get ready, get everybody else ready (except Dan, he can do that himself), out the door by 8:30, drop Kallie off at school, head to the office, Syd hangs out with us there all morning, leave about 11:45, go home to let the pooch out, get Syd some lunch, drop Syd off at pm kindergarten, back to the office, leave at 2:40 to pick kids up from school, back to the office, kids stay in a treatment room (with toys, snacks and a tv), while Dan see's a 4:00 patient (which is his busiest appointment time), home (in the dark) for dinner, homework, baths, bedtime. Wake up tomorrow...do it again.

Facts about the house:
*60 sq ft bigger than our Bellevue house
*gated community
*houses squashed in like sardines...but not attached (like the townhouse- thank goodness)
*equipped w/ garage to protect our vehicles from neighborly car bombings
*white, white, white...if this house was mine I can't tell you how fast I'd be heading to Home Depot for MANY gallons of paint. Very institutional feeling this one...
*Beau goes out every morning to do his thing and bark at the pigeons, and every morning my neighbor whips up her blinds and shuts her window that she leaves cracked all night. I try to make him be quiet...I follow him around going, "shhhhhh"...but the dog's gotta bark. (sorry neighhbor)
*HUGE ward, and I'm sure many potential friends if I only had time for them.
(I emailed contact info, but I know I don't have everyone's email addresses updated...if you want our address/phone etc email me (norrisbunch@yahoo.com))

The tour begins at the front...

Photobucket


Just inside is a den/formal living room...
Photobucket


Next, tv room/family room...
Photobucket


At the back of the house is the dining room and kitchen. We can even fit our BIG table in here...I'm sure we'll grab it next time we're at Dan's parent's house.
Photobucket


Kitchen, dirty dishes and all. Wouldn't some curtains be nice, but Dan says, "No drilling in the rental, only nails."
Photobucket


Up the stairs is a nice loft, perfect for toys and the couch that I dropped on my leg.
Photobucket


To the left is the girls' room (nicely decorated, I know) and a guest bedroom (w/ a queen size bed just waiting for you to come visit us and sleep in it).
Photobucket


To the right is the master with a closet about 3x as big as the one at the townhouse :)!
Photobucket


And last but not least...the backyard (once again, sorry neighbor). For those of you buried in snow right now...just think, you could have ROCKS instead!
Photobucket

So there you have it home sweet home for at least 12 months. Keep praying (please) that Dan's office will continue to grow...

I am surprised how well the girlies are adjusting. Different house, different school, different friends...BUT the same mama and daddy, the same doggie, the same toys, the same dishes, the same furniture, the same bedtime song. It's those things that stay the same that help us get through.

I must add how SERIOUSLY MUCH I am missing Idaho and all my friends right now. I know everyone goes through this when they move to a new place, but I called Amy L. on my way to work, left her a message (probably better that she didn't answer) and cried the rest of the way there. (geeez, sorry for being so depressing) Anyone want to come visit....I'll watch your kids while you go gamble?!?

21 comments:

Kara said...

Wow look at you all moved in and homey all ready. The place looks great. And seriously call me Im always home. I was going to call you yesterday but with you being in the work force I wasnt sure when you would be able to talk. Also keep that spare room open this summer. WE are hopefully going to san diego and that would be a great pit stop! I miss you!

Kelli said...

Carrie, you just got there and already it looks so homey and comfortable! Amazing. Good luck with all of the change and adjusting, you are a trooper. I wish I were close by and could help out.

Kristin and Jay said...

It is so wierd looking at all your stuff and its not in your house! Although your kitchen looks extremely close to the one you had, so that is more comforting =). hah! hang in there, you are an awesome person and your cranky neighbor will love your family in no time =)

Megan said...

First of all, I can't believe you got all settled in and decorated already! It looks so nice! You have quite the talent for decorating!

I am so sorry that you have had to move again and start over! Being self-employed is very challenging and we are right there with ya.....except for we haven't moved as much as you have lately. (Will just opened back up his practice in SLC instead of Ogden and has had to bring in $$$ super fast. Yikes.) Sheesh. You are such a trooper. I hope that his practice gets super busy, super fast, he hires some help that is rockin' and that all goes really well for you guys. I am glad that you are holding your family together and I know your girls are adjusting well because they have the same momma, daddy and same night-time song. So sweet. Hang in there and blogs are meant for venting so don't ever apologize for saying what you are feeling. ((hugs))

Oh, and your neighbor makes me laugh. Bake her some or your awesome cookies and tell her sorry about your pooch barking in the morning. Sheesh. :)

Amanda said...

Awe I wish I could give you a huge SQUEEZE right now! Just pretend:) It does look great and warm. That sun shining through the window is making me warm, the sun isn't even over the mountain right now, and I'm wearing a hoodie and fleece socks! There is one bright side to working: you can't sit at home, alone and be sad, you're too busy! We miss you! Just in spite of your neighbor, you should take her some delicious cookies.

Just Us said...

Carrie, you are amazing, there are few people in this world who could do the things you do, make a newly moved in home look like your home and do it while looking and being amazing yourself. I love you, I miss you even though we are only a couple hours from each other. It's sad for me to not see you everyday. For the last 4 years of my life I have seen you or at least seen you driving by in your vehicle or talked to you almost everyday. You will never know how much I am missing that. The people there in your new neighborhood will soon realize how lucky they are to have the Norris family near by. You guys are one in a million.

Adrie Peterson said...

Carrie,
Obviously I haven't seen your home since you and Dan lived in your basement apartment. All I can say is WOW! You are a master decorator. Did you take classes? Truly, everything you do is GORGEOUS! I mean, Dan's office was beautiful, your home is perfection. Wanna pass around your talent? I sure could use some! I always had the excuse of "our house looks lame because we've moved so many times". Yet, you blow my theory completely out of the water! You've moved as many times as we have (we moved 9 times in 11 years, can you beat that?!!), yet your home looks right out of a magazine! That's it, you can't come to my house because you'll laugh at my complete LACK of decorating sense. Well, I guess I should stop shopping at garage sales, then I might actually have a shot! Anyway, you and Dan are amazing, and everything WILL work out, I just know it!!!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Yeah, it is probably best that I didn't answer! I would have cried and ruined my "clumpy eyes" (thank you Mallory).

I love you forever...you know that right?! I don't care if I have to walk! I will see you soon! AND at every opportunity the Lindstrom family will gladly occupy that bedroom! Maybe if Ryan ditches on Mexico (which looks probable DANG IT!) we will plan a Labor Day Disneyland trip with the Norris Family to make up for it! What do you think?

Keri said...

Okay. Totally jealous of the big closet. Not missing the rock back yard I had in Phoenix, but wishing I had one of my own.:) Your house looks beautiful of course. I'm glad the girls are adjusting well. Hope you can adjust to the full time work and being so far away from your friends. I was glad to get to know you and even though it wasn't long, you'll be missed here, too.

Diane said...

Just so you know I was totally crying when I read your blog... I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS. I do think that the white walls just make your beautiful furniture look even more beautiful. WE LOVE YOU!!!

{Lindsey} said...

Moving is so hard, isn't it. I cried for you when I read your last paragraph. It's hard being a nomad, I know ;).
I love the house and I know what you mean about the white (you've been in our townhome). Your decorations add soooo much though, definately makes the house your home.
Your day is a busy one for sure, but that's for the best right now...and we'll definately keep your family in our prayers.
Miss ya!

CARDON RODEO said...

I hate to quote Joe Dirt, but I'm going to anyway. Just keep on keepin on!!,
Love you guys.

{sheree} said...

You are AMAZING Carrie! Your new house already looks just like home and it really is beautiful! I'm glad your girls are adjusting so well! We still miss ya here!

Anonymous said...

You could paint the walls, just paint them back white when you leave. Sounds like a lot of work. We will definately come see you sometime in the next 6 months. Life can be so hard at times. Good luck and I'm glad you have so many people that care about you, I can tell by how many comment on your blog!

Rosemary and Rick said...

It is seriously amazing to me how you make even a rental look beautiful! How do you do it?! We have family in Vegas. I have no idea where you are, but they are in Picolli Ranch? Does that sound right?

Allens, Inc. said...

I'll come. When are you available?

Unknown said...

Your house is beautiful, and so are you. Thanks for all the updates and the witty comments you leave on blogs. I love them. Dan's new gig is going to be huge, you two have the Midas touch.

[BrookeO] said...

Oh my goodness! That is exactly why you are cursed to move so often, you have this amazing knack for making a place look like a million bucks in like 5 minuets. I think I need to call Oprah or someone....I'm not kidding. Carrie your place looks amazing, I'd hire you out to come spruce up my place, seriously! How much?

I would love to come and visit. I'm flying in the 9---might just get my wish!!!! I'll be in touch.

Love ya girl!

Kara said...

Just letting you know I nominated you for an award. Check out my blog to see the details!

Wendi said...

Carrie, just wanted to say we all love you!! Moving is hard but soon you will be the most popular gal on the block as always! We all miss you in Meridian.

Patti said...

It's actually me (KayLynn). I missed a few pictures? Where are the suns above the TV and the tulip plate.:) I was so looking forward to seeing both of those. All of my other thoughts (cookies, friends, ect.) were all taken by the time I got my slow behind in front of a computer. I have a feeling that that queen bed will be one of the busiest guest beds ever.
And of coarse I wish that I was that neighbor that gets to hear beau every morning. But instead of slamming my window, I would sing you morning salutations. OK maybe not sing but greet you with a smile every morning. After a while she probably will to. Hey if we can sleep through a train she can learn to sleep through beau. And if not there is a great new invention...they are ear plugs and they are super cheap. Take her some with the cookies! :)
Love you and miss you terribly!!