Sunday, January 25, 2009

Visitors & Random Thoughts...

I know what you're thinking..."All of Carrie's thoughts are RANDOM." Yes, it's true!

But before I share my random thoughts/photos, I had to announce the arrival of our first over-night guests! YAY! Diane and the kiddos arrived Thursday night and were welcomed by a gourmet cake (aka cake mix) and beeeeeautiful home-made sign by Kallie Ann. Look close and you will notice that the paper is the paper they put under the instruments on the tray at the dental office. Yup! She made this while hanging out in a treatment room at Dan's office while we saw a patient. I think it turned out lovely! Maybe you should try shutting your child in a small examination room and see what they come up with :)

"Welcome to Las Vegas"

Photobucket


Little depth-of-field issue I know...let's say I did that on purpose just for effect. Diane always wanted to be the fuzzy person in the background right?!? Oh how I love, LOVE these people! And Diane (being the saintly aunt that she is) took Kallie & Syd home to Phoenix with her for the week since they are officially "OFF TRACK". Yes, we are now enrolled in a year-round school and my girls are now enjoying a week full of no homework, babies, projects with Diane, Wii and much, much more (followed by 2 MORE weeks of freedom when they come back home). Dan and I will head down in a few days to pick them up.
Photobucket


Now for the randomness...

look closely at the middle picture. Notice anything a little off? Yes...it's upside down! When we moved, the plate came unglued and fell off. I, being my brilliant self, glued it back on UPSIDE down! What to do? The hanger on the back is now at the bottom of the picture. I'm afraid to move the hanger because I don't want to break the plate. So what should I do? Just hang it up upside down just to remind myself of the brain cells that I lost somewhere between St. George and Henderson!
Photobucket


Our TV is set back in this little section of the wall that is obviously intended for an entertainment center. Well, we don't have an entertainment center so we put our TV on this little bench that used to be in our dining room. I had the hardest time deciding what to hang above the TV and finally decided on these "Sun Valley" suns. What do you think? Do they sorta look like boobs?
Photobucket


I always have the hardest time knowing what to do with all these cute cards after Christmas. This year especially I couldn't BEAR the thought of getting rid of them because I am seriously lacking in the friend department since we moved. I wanted to remind myself that there ARE people who I know and love, even if I don't live by them :(. So I hung them up on my magnet board and I must say that they bring me such joy everytime I walk by...I'm pretty sure they're going to stay there until next Christmas when you send me new ones to take their place! If you're NOT on this board...send me a picture and I'll hang you up too! (got yours Kelli G...you're now on the board :)
Photobucket


Last and probably least, the stairway that looks like it's leading to the second floor of an insane assylum. I told you this house is WHITE! What happy/colorful thing can I hang going up this staircase that is el-cheapo or even better...free! Give me ideas please!
Photobucket

ok...one more...Bear on "Man vs Wild". Does anyone else have a secret crush on him?

19 comments:

[BrookeO] said...

Carrie, just when I thought I couldn't love you more.
I love this post.
Your kiddos are the cutest, wish I could steal them for a week.
Love your house.
The flower upside down does not bother me.
The boobs are bigger than mine -- keep'em!
Love the photo board, I need to send you mine, I want to be hanging up there!!!!
I love pics on stairs, random famiy ones, maybe all black and white, just get the frameless, bracket ones, like at IKEA, super cheap ---

Seriously Bear and his accent....Oh man! Hee! He!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

I have the PERFECT solution for that stairway! You need one of those plug in neon CORONA lights! It's VEGAS BABY! What else would be more fitting?!

Ok, I think Brooke has a better idea, but just consider it anyway!

Amanda said...

Carrie I swear, you do pick out the radomest things. Boobs-seriously? Only if one is horribly sore! And the plate-it's one of those things I wouldn't notice unless you tell me! As for the decorating, well, I'd be heading to the thrift shops. But that's just me, I like cheap and old. If I think of anything I'll let ya know...Do you still have that quilt from your dad?? That can fill up a hallway.
Wouldn't LV have year-round yard sales? It's so nice all the time. You're Carrie, you'll come up with something beautiful.

Kara said...

I wouldnt have noticed that flower being upside down either. I agree keep the boobs they look great. Im with brooke put some black and white pictures up there. You are a great photographer use some of those great photos=) I can't believe how big sid is getting. Her hair is so long!

Debbie Smith said...

Carrie,

Don't faint! This is the first time I have commented on your blog because I just barely got an account. I just wanted to tell you how much I love reading your blog! When I need a pick-me-up, your's is the one I read. We love and miss you guys. We sure love visiting with you when you're here. Someday we might even come to Vegas!

Anonymous said...

The boobs cracked me up! I'd have never thought of that, maybe cause I can't wait till mine shrink back after weaning--just a couple more months! I'm excited to wear button up shirts again. hah hah!

I loved the magnet board. That is a lot of people that love you!

Megan said...

You are such a doll! I love the magnet board. I didn't get any family pictures done this year for cards, so I don't have anything to send ya. I am still mad at myself for not getting that done. What was I doing? Homeschooling or something?! Ok, next, boobs? Nope, doesn't look like boobs to me at all! You are hilarious! I like to take artwork that my kids have done, frame them in cheap frames and put them all over the place. That would be darling going up the stairs! :) Take a picture of what you do decide to put up there!

I am so glad you have great friends to come and visit! I wish we could come visit......we are actually wanting really bad to go to CA this summer to just sit on the beach and if we do it, we will have to stop by for a visit! :)

p.s.
I loved talking to ya on the phone the other day! :)

Kristin and Jay said...

Bear Gryllis!!!! You crack me up! I will now forever think of you while he is taking off his clothes to cross yet another raging river =).

{Lindsey} said...

Carrie you make me laugh! The "Sun Valley" boobs got me going good.
With the upside down plate...maybe if you used a blow dryer to warm the plate up it would loosen the glue enough (unless you used gorilla glue) to take it off and re-glue it. Just a thought, I have no idea if that would really work???
Good Luck!
Miss ya and sooo need to call you, I will, soon.

Just Us said...

What are you going to do with no children? How sad that 2 hours seperates us, no quick trips to Golden Spoon. Diane is the saintly aunt.
I do have to agree that the suns do kind of look like boobs, especially the one with the big, red, swollen aereola (don't know how to spell that). Or if you step back it kind of looks like a robot, two big eyes with a big square mouth. Maybe the suns could go up the hallway?
I love the magnet board idea. I never know what to do with all those cute Christmas cards either.
Bear??? Any cuteness is ruined by watching him bite into a yak's eyeball. Can you imagine what his gas and b.m's smell like? Just being honest tonight. I love you and miss you.

CARDON RODEO said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CARDON RODEO said...

o.k as for the plate, I love it!! just leave it, it will make you laugh everytime you see it!. The sun's do remind me of boobs, but once again just a good laugh. "Bear" lets just say Anthony teases me quite often because when I see that show I find myself just staring at him, so yes I would say I have a crush on "Bear"!

Adrie Peterson said...

Carrie,
This was so entertaining to read, maybe you shouldn't get new friends, so all of us "blog-readers" can have all your time dedicated to your awesome blog! Really though, I can't even respond to everything, because I can't "top" what your other friends have said...too funny. All I can say is, you are a priceless woman...not enough cows could ever buy you! Have a happy day!!!

Tana said...

I agree with Adrie- I mean, I want you to have great new friends but what if you did and then you couldn't find time to blog, or (gasp) leave witty comments on our blogs. I'm so torn...your happiness vs. great blogginess.

The first thing that came to mind about your stairs was PHOTOS and lots of them! How convenient since you do have lots of them, beautiful photos! The Ikea frames would be great or you can buy frames at the dollar store and spray paint them to match.

Also will you email me your address, I don't have it. tanafrommontana@yahoo.com
Gracias! (I always want to say grassy ass) (but I have resisted... until now.)

Allens, Inc. said...

Boobs? I feel sorry for the hairy one on the left. Also, I won't worry about the plate. I'm with the rest of the commenters that it's not noticeable. As far as the stairs go, get some hard plastic and turn them into a slide!

Allens, Inc. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
{Jamey} said...

I hope you guys are getting to spend more time with each other :)That's the most important thing right! How are the girls liking the year-round schedule? They will probably like it until they have to go back to school in the middle of summer right? I guess the big question is how are YOU liking Vegas? I've heard lots of people really like it there, so I was interested to see what you thought!
Oh BTW I love Bear Grillz! I don't care that he sleeps in hotels or has a camera crew he's still funner to watch than the lame suviorman! And I'm sorry but anyone who's drinks their own Pee seems pretty desperate to me!! And he's not bad to look at either :) I'm with ya Care!!

Holly Ogden said...

I remember a day in Iowa when Kallie and Noah were playing with a little tea set. You picked up the lid to the teapot and asked me if it reminded me of anything....do you remember this? I was unsure what you were getting at and you said "boob!"
Yes the suns (and the teapot lid) look like boobs. But only because you pointed it out.
I like Anna's slide idea.

The Hills said...

Seriously, the things you come up with...upside-down plates, boobs...really I wouldn't have even noticed unless you pointed them out. But since you have, now I will and you'll have to change them:) You are so cute and if you're missing your children, I could loan you mine for a couple days. I know thats exactly what you need. Love you, Maren