Sunday, January 18, 2009

Is it just Vegas???

I really want answers to these questions by the way...

Is it just Vegas or are ALL teenage females wearing jeans that are so skin tight they can't breathe and are tapered so tight at the bottom that I have NO idea how they got them over their feet?

Is it just Vegas or is there always a drunk homeless man passed out at the table across from you at Wendy's? (hmmm...Syd now has diarrhea, beware of Wendy's)

Is it just Vegas or is milk really $3.98 a gallon everywhere else?

Is it just Vegas or are there active (admitted) members of the mob calling your husband's office too?

Is it just Vegas or did everyone's car insurance double? (one of the highest priced places for car insurance in the nation...excuse me?)

Is it just Vegas or does every third grader come home from school deciding to be a vegetarian because her teacher is and they had a class discussion about it?

Is it just Vegas or is everywhere 65 degrees and sunny this time of year?

No seriously...tell me the truth, is it just Vegas???

13 comments:

Kara said...

Oh my gosh carrie you had me laughing out loud. I hope most of that is just vegas. haha

Kristin and Jay said...

I don't know about the other ones =), but you didn't notice the nasty skinny jeans here? They are EVERYWHERE! And no matter how skinny the person is, they always look like they have a big bum! The rest are kinda funny though.......right?! And oooooooh 65 degree's HEAVEN.....(YAY!!!!)

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

IT'S JUST VEGAS! Except for the skinny jeans...they are hideous and EVERYWHERE! Seriously, how DO they get them on?! And why WHY do that to your self. Comfort is ALWAYS more important than some nasty style!

The mob thing?! Well, I hate to admit that the first thing I thought when Dan said he was going to Vegas is "HASN'T HE SEEN CSI?! WHERE DOES HE THINK THEY GET THESE STORIES?!" I have to say that as long as you stay out of the drug deals, casinos at night, strip clubs and off the mob's bad list (maybe Dan should pay them to do their work) you should stay off of CSI too!

You are too funny! I think it might be a bit of a culture shock going from here, where you don't have to lock your doors to there where you have to triple lock and hire someone to set up the best alarm ever! :)

Amanda said...

The jean thing is a scary flashback for me. I remember my sister barely able to get that ankle through! I thought our milk was high, but I think you have a few quarters on us! It's the city life now...no more sheltered small town life;) That's not nessisarily a bad thing though! Have a good day!

CARDON RODEO said...

Oh Carrie, I know you love the skinny jeans as much as I do!! ha, ha, ha!!! Yes they are everywhere and even the boys wear them, the mob thing, well let's just say anthony has a good customer thats a member of some south african mob, and actually one of the nicest people I've ever met. The vegetarian thing, well I don't know what to say, maybe tell her boys love girls that eat meat!

Megan said...

Ya, the ugly jean thing is here too! I saw some girls wearing some the other day and I was like "Those are so not flattering!".
Expensive milk stinks. I bet CA has expensive mile, too! I think Colorado has high insurance premiums, too. I used to work for Geico in Iowa and remember hearing that is an expensive place to have insurance.

I would be kinda, ok, really scared to send my kids to school in Vegas! Yikes. Wanna homeschool? You'd be great at it, girl! Just my 2 cents, that you didn't really ask for.

Kristin and Jay said...

I forgot to mention, haven't you ever seen "From Mob to Mormon"? Or something like that. Maybe you could convert them =). Hah! Or maybe just stay away.....far away! I thought of CSI too, so I agree with Amy, if you've seen CSI stay home at night and you will be fine =)

{Lindsey} said...

Oh goodness...I'm glad you ended it on a good note bcuz I was really starting to get worried about you...or wait I still am worried about you aaahhhh...mobs, homeless, extremely high prices, painted on jeans!!!! Where does it end!?!
Just one thing to say...survival mode! You will survive, I know it.

Kara said...

Can I just say did Megan really say "Boys love girls that eat meat" I think I have a warped brain because I take that the wrong way.

Melanie said...

just watch out, if you get in a car wreck (heaven forbid) in Vegas the other driver NEVER has insurance thus the high cost. Just try to find the normal people in Vegas, I promise there are many! I miss Southern NV 9 months out of the year.

Adrie Peterson said...

Carrie,
This was hilarious! I don't know about most of the Vegas stuff, I'll have to ask Greg's brother who has lived there for MANY years. I will say that in Colorado, we had the 2nd highest car insurance rates in the US (or so I'd heard), because there were SO many uninsured motorists. We cut our insurance payments in 1/2 when we moved back to Utah...we got a raise, yea! Sounds like you'll be doing the "adjusting" dance like we did when moving to CO. Enjoy it, as you will learn lots!!

Allens, Inc. said...

Holy cow! How long have you been there, and you've already got "the list." If it makes you feel any better, Roseburg has it's share of these things. I was talking to a lady with a punky high school boy, and she said that since Roseburg doesn't have any "designer" stores the boys just buy the tight girl jeans, since that's what's in. Not pretty. Also, my kids have made it a game when we drive of finding "bums" (drunk or not), and they call it out and get points for each one they see. Sort of like slug-bug. Milk is $3.75 for the cheap kind, half of Clara's friends' mothers are vegetarian or vegan, and Michael is a member of the mob. Feel better?

P. S. It's about 35 here with constant wintery fog. Now I bet your really feel better! Love, A

Cheryl said...

No, it's not just Vegas. LA has high insurance (ours doubled), passed out drunk guys and expensive milk. But--you can't complain about the weather! Hope you're getting settled in all right!