I know this is OFFICIALLY the lamest blog post ever, but help me out a little would you?!?
It's my car insurance (no...really, I'm being serious). As I mentioned before, Nevada is one of the highest priced states in the nation for car insurance.
I know the minimum requirements from the state are too low and could be the cause of a lot of problems in the case of an accident, injuries etc... And I also know that the agent on the other end of the phone is trying to sell me the most premium plan imaginable with coverages that are on and beyond what I really need.
So (I warned you that this was lame and you chose to keep reading...you are a true friend!) what is a good happy medium coverage amount that will cover us if an accident ever were to happen, but won't cost me an arm and a leg for coverage amounts that I don't really need. Please enlighten me (I know some of you used to work at Geico...you know who you are).
As a side note (I should have included photos of this one, sorry) speaking of car insurance...I did officially run into the Sequoia with the Camry pulling into our driveway the other night. Yes the Sequoia that just got out of the shop after the car bombing, yes the exact same spot where the body shop had just repainted, yes I am a little, shall we say...graceful, coordinated (feel free to fill in a word here___________). No, it wasn't bad, just a little paint exchanged between vehicles, but bad enough that I got the "C a r r r r r r i e" voice from my hubby. And I'm afraid to admit that this ISN'T the first time I've run into one of our cars with the other one. Ha...maybe I do need the very highest coverage possible since I have now proven myself to be a little questionable in the driving department.
Anyway...I'm calling today, what coverage amounts do I need? (If anybody really gives me honest, true, good advice I will probably mail you a special thank you surprise!)
Thursday, February 19, 2009
A little help...
Posted by Norris Fam at 9:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I don't really have any insurance advice. But I do have a little run into things sympathy. I don't think you know but I ran our truck into the side of our garage just a couple weeks ago causing the handle to be pushed in and quite a sizeable dent behing that. So hey accidents happen right!
I guess we're the early birds this morning! We have a $500 deductable. I think that is what we have always had. You might save some by going up to $1000 BUT then you figure you need that much in a rainy day fund should anything happen and you need to fork out a thousand bucks quick. I still have not repaired my rear from backing into Josh parked in the driveway, if that makes you feel any better. It's one of those things...
Well, I don't know much about car insurance besides that for our car loan we have to have certain amounts of coverage. But, I googled "How much car insurance do I need?" for you and found this website that might be helpful: http://www.smartmoney.com/personal-finance/insurance/how-much-auto-insurance-do-you-need-10731/. Hopefully that will be helpful. Good luck!
Good Idea Carrie.... I never thought about posting the play list on my blog.. I just make monthly CD's for me and my sisters and a few of my friends like to know the songs so they can get them.
(They think I have good taste in music.) I am going to work on that this morning-- getting the songs on my blog player... Thanks!
Good Idea Carrie.... I never thought about posting the play list on my blog.. I just make monthly CD's for me and my sisters and a few of my friends like to know the songs so they can get them.
(They think I have good taste in music.) I am going to work on that this morning-- getting the songs on my blog player... Thanks!
I have no idea...so sorry that I'm not a better help. My husband does all the insurance/important stuff, so I have no clue! Good Luck and use those mirrors a little more often heheh ;)
Were you backing in or going forward? Hah Hah. If you were backing in then blame it on Dan for parking weird. Hee hee!! I can look on my papers and tell you what coverage we have if you really want. If so call me and I will.
Post a Comment