Monday, February 2, 2009

Phoenix...

Let me begin by making a little list of all the sad, torturous things my girls were subjected to by being forced to stay with Diane for 5 days- NOT! Ha- they were the opposite of tortured...they were Spoiled (with a capital "S"). They went for a nice sunny bike ride every morning, they made amazing princess dresses (they picked pattern, fabric, trim, etc.), they made jewelry, they made purses, they played Wii and watched movies, and even made their own TOAST...and LOTS of it! They had so much fun in Phoenix & we will be eternally grateful to Diane (& family) for saving my girlies from 5 long days hanging out at the office!

On Saturday we all packed up and headed to the Phoenix Zoo. I can't even tell you how beautiful the day was! The weather made you want to sit on a blanket on the grass and eat a yummy picnic lunch while staring at the fluffy clouds in the blue sky...yes it was truly that lovely. Aside from the fact that our children thought we were trying to starve them to death right around lunch time, we had mounds of fun!

Sometimes we forget it's winter in other places...

Photobucket

screaming because they are about to get eaten by a giant oyster...aaaahhhh!
Photobucket


I love that this little girl was saying, "mom- take my picture here", "mom- take my picture by this". I've trained this little turtle well!
Photobucket

This elephant was AMAZING! I can't get over how realistic it looks.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Love this one...we need a baby at our house!
Photobucket

Nothing better than a secret cave in the middle of a couple of gigantic hairy palm trees!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Proud member of the FFA!
Photobucket


And of course the petting zoo (can't fully appreciate these w/o imagining the smell that goes along with it).

Photobucket

Mom, pleeeeease can we get a goat?!
Photobucket

Samuel...
Photobucket

The only time the twins held still ALL day. They were TERRIFIED of the goats (however, they were NOT terrified of putting one of the goat brushes in their mouth and sucking on it...gag!)
Photobucket

Photobucket

A little blurry, but still a keeper!
Photobucket

After the zoo, Diane had to take her car in to get the tires balanced. I was a little tired so I laid down on Samuel's bed for a minute. Then my brain got thinking about a comment Diane had made about getting built-ins on either side of her fireplace. My little brain thought, "she doesn't need built-ins, she can use those nice bookcases she got from Costco...then she can move her dining room table into the other room and then she can shuffle the couches and the piano and the computer...etc...you get the idea. I mentioned my thought to her and the rest is history (much to both of our husband's dismay at having to move pieces of heavy furniture again & again until we found just the right spot). They helped move the piano and computer armoire and then we made them go to a movie while we did the rest. It was so much fun...I loved it and I loved how it turned out. The true test is whether the new set-up will function for their family or will everything get put back in its original spot next time I visit?!? Here are some of the before pictures...Diane will send after photos when all pictures are hanging and accessories are in place. Do our husbands still love us after this...that is yet to be determined!
Photobucket

Photobucket
We love the Jensen family...thanks a million-bazillion!

10 comments:

Diane said...

I am slowly getting everything put back together... But I can already tell you that we will not be switching it back, EVER! Liz was floored at how much bigger everything felt. I think that you are BRILLIANT!! I'll send you pictures when I get it cleaned up hopefully by next month. HA HA

Kara said...

Will you come to my house and decorate?

Megan said...

Looks like it was a beautiful day at the zoo! I am so glad you had such a good time. You deserve it! Nice job decorating, btw! You rock!

Just Us said...

We all need "Diane's" in our lives. You are lucky to have her in yours.
I love the Phoenix zoo. It was one of our favorite places to visit when we lived there.

Kelli said...

I look at those pictures and feel like you must be in another world! Sunlight, flowers, shorts! Right now it is 6 degrees outside! I am very jealous!! Looks like so much fun!

{Lindsey} said...

Wow, it would be hard to remember that it is still winter in some places after those pictures! Looks like a ton of fun and what an amazing sister you have!!
Syd looks like she's grown inches since you guys left...maybe it's just the picture.
Miss ya!
Can't wait for the after pictures...you are an amazing interior decorator!

Tana said...

What you said about forgetting it's winter in other places...last year my mom was in Florida during the winter, one time when she called she asked Matt if we had taken the boat out... it was February.
Also, love the wheels turning about the rearanging of the furniture. Sometimes we just need fresh eyes to come into our space.

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

SHORTS DIANE?! Really?! DANG IT! I am SO jealous. I can't even IMAGINE how nice it would be to be in weather that allowed shorts right now!

Cheryl said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I can't wait to see the pictures of the new room.

KayLynn said...

I'm sure that your landlord would love for you to have a pet goat, and the neighbor that lives behind you. Maybe if your backyard smelled like the petting zoo she would learn to sleep with her window shut. I fear that Ander and I are out of luck and that Diane has won the "best aunt contest" to your little girlies.