A couple of weekends ago we decided we better get out while the weather is still nice.
Dan picked a petroglyph site that he thought would be cool and off we went!
Dan picked a petroglyph site that he thought would be cool and off we went!
The girls weren't especially thrilled about going until Dan bribed them with a campfire and roasted hotdogs.
Be glad you didn't come with us because (as you can see) we forgot to pack cups...
Sydney was so happy we forgot them (she's always wanted to do this).
Be glad you didn't come with us because (as you can see) we forgot to pack cups...
Sydney was so happy we forgot them (she's always wanted to do this).
Here is Syd burning her finger while attempting to light the fire
(Dan was supervising her- don't worry).
(Dan was supervising her- don't worry).
The bribery worked and hotdogs were roasted!
Avery was happy to be there even without being bribed!!
We set off hiking to find the petroglyphs.
This is what high mountain desert Nevada looks like...
This is what high mountain desert Nevada looks like...
Avery and I turned back early because she was screaming her head off...
Dan and the girls came back not too long after us because they decided they were on the wrong trail. A kind fellow hiker set us straight and we headed down a different road.
Yay...we found them!
Dan and the girls came back not too long after us because they decided they were on the wrong trail. A kind fellow hiker set us straight and we headed down a different road.
Yay...we found them!
The girls posing and getting slivers in their bums (oops).
Posing at the overlook.
Me and my girls.
And a random shot to end with that doesn't have anything to do with Nevada mountains or hiking...
The next day I attempted to make rolls from scratch and low and behold-
for the first time in my married life they actually worked!
We had company over for dinner and I was taking photos when they arrived...
I'm glad someone was here with us to enjoy such a momentous event.
They don't know how lucky they were not to be forced to eat the little stones that my rolls usually turn out to be. Aren't they a thing of beauty!?!
The next day I attempted to make rolls from scratch and low and behold-
for the first time in my married life they actually worked!
We had company over for dinner and I was taking photos when they arrived...
I'm glad someone was here with us to enjoy such a momentous event.
They don't know how lucky they were not to be forced to eat the little stones that my rolls usually turn out to be. Aren't they a thing of beauty!?!














6 comments:
Homemade rolls are the best! I can just about smell them. Love the picture of Dan and Avery
Carrie,
I am a ZERO at rolls! Yours look great!
Please share your recipe. I need an intervention.
I want to come and eat your rolls. Tell Christie to come and I'll tag along!!
I love the picture with you and your girls, that is fun. Yay for nice enough weather to go out. Our days are quickly dwindling!
Great pictures of everyone. And YES, your rolls are a thing of beauty! Way to go. Making perfect rolls or a loaf of bread is a big accomplishment. I've yet to do either!
Will you serve me some bitter cucumbers with those rolls? Remember that? I don't know why that just popped into my head. And now that I said pop, I want some of your carmel corn too.
Post a Comment