Friday, June 6, 2008

Tagged long, long ago...

My sis tagged me on her blog long ago (like April) and I keep saying, yeah I know I haven't done that yet, but I will I promise! So...here it is finally!

1. What book have you read recently?
So sad, I admit I'm not much of a reader. But I do my best to read the scriptures :) and the girls and I just finished listening to 'The Incredible Journey', '5x7=Trouble' and now we're on 'Farmer Boy' from the Little House on the Prairie series. My sister (Andrea) just lent me the book 'The Wedding' by the same author as 'The Notebook', so I will start that soon (yeah right!).

2. Given the chance, what special ability/power would you like to have?
Where to begin...I would love to sing, dance, do the splits, speak Spanish, be up on my current events, have the ability to save $millions, run a marathon, travel the world, sew (like Amanda), tile & re-finish cabinets (like Diane), cut hair (like Shalece & Jeni), always be happy (like Amy), cook (like Holly), make plans (like KayLynn :), be a friend to everyone (like Brooke), raise brilliant children (like Darlene), be on time (like Kara), be beautiful (like Kristin & Jamey J.), have goals (like Jelina), be organized (like my mom & dad), be kind (like Julie), read novels (like Maren), make everyone laugh (like Kamie), be a good listener (like Jamey N.)...are you bored yet? Pretty much, I want to be like all of you!

3. List two things you have eaten today:
Thank goodness for our 'hundred mile a month club' and our healthy snack break afterwards...I have eaten Amanda's spinach slime drink and a plum!

4. What's your favorite color? Why?
This is a really boring answer I know, but right now I'm into cream. Antique cream furniture, kitchen cabinets, moldings etc... I love a really classy 'cozy cottage' look and cream is a perfect background for any pop of color I want to add.

5. Where is the place you want to go the most?
Dan and I have been researching Costa Rica a lot on the internet, I'm pretty sure that will be our next big family vacation. Pretty much I'd go anywhere warm and tropical without a care in the world, since it is still freezing here (are 60's considered freezing in June?).

7. Do you believe in seeing a rainbow after the rain? (don't ask me where question 6 went?)
Who doesn't believe in rainbows? Last summer my girls and Sammi & Maci were out in our backyard looking at a rainbow and singing "I am a child of God", so sweet!!!

8. What would you do if you were a billionaire?
Pay off any and all debt (including business) and then help others!!!

9. Which type of person do you hate the most?
Ones that don't dig in and do their fair share, or worse leave things purposely knowing that someone else will have to follow behind them and do it for them. Ughh...just do it!

10. What are two things on your to do list right now?
Bathrooms and....bathrooms (you all know I hate cleaning them).

11. If you have a fault, would you rather the people around you point it out to you or would you rather they keep quiet?
Hmm, thats a tough one...can ya tell me in a nice way that won't make me feel down on myself?

12. List two jobs you have had:
When I was 16 I worked as a server at a retirement home and when I moved on from there I did telephone surveys (those were the days)!

13. What do you think is the most important thing in your life?
Being the best person I can be so that I can be with my family forever!

14. Is there anything that you have done which you regret?
Dating 2 guys up until the day I got engaged, I'm a jerk!

15. Name two of your bad habits:
*getting frustrated too easily, especially with me kids.
*not getting things accomplished, I'm sort of a wanderer.

16. What are your feelings about the person who tagged you?
Sisters are funny things, when you're young you can't stand each other, and when you're big you can't live without each other...
17. Who do you Tag? Why?
Really, I don't think anyone who takes 2 months to answer a tag deserves to tag anyone else. That is a privilege I lost about 6 weeks ago...but, do it if ya want!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

You make me laugh out loud!! (One of the MANY talents you posess!) I'm sure Kaelyn will forgive you for procrastinating...At lease you don't wait 6 weeks to clean bathrooms.!

KayLynn said...

Sniff, sniff, wipe the tear, blow the nose. Thanks! I agree with #16, at least the second part. I think that being the younger sis, I always wished that I was just like you (and still do for the most part). That is probably why you couldn't stand me, "Stop copying me...Stop copying me..."
But please, where did you get that picture? Who slapped me with the ugly stick?

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

You are so funny! I think it is funny that you want to be like all of us, when we are all trying so hard to be just like you! :)

That is what our friendships are all about here. We all LOVE to spend time with each other and we all look up to each other, and not just Jeni because she is taller than any of us! :) Everyday I am thankful for you guys! EVERYDAY!

I love the rainbow thing! SO CUTE!

Darlene said...

What is spinach slime drink? That sounds gross.

Jelina said...

I'm with Amy...we all want to be like Carrie. :) By the way...The Wedding is better than The Notebook. Way better. You'll love it.