Wednesday, June 11, 2008

{TOP 5} Tuesday..Costco Run!

(i think by now it is technically Wednesday...but who's counting!)

So I decided to make a Costco run today so we have something besides tomato sauce and canned peaches to feed my sister KayLynn and her family when they come visit us this weekend. Please tell me what it is about that place that makes it so you can't walk out of there without spending so much money that you feel like you need to sell the shirt off your back and your first born to cover the bill. But when you leave do you find yourself thinking..."What in the heck did I just buy for (insert number here) hundred dollars?" I mean really, if I'm going to spend hundreds (and I mean hundreds) of dollars I think it would be way more fun to do it at the mall!

So my {TOP 5} list for today are the 5 most expensive things I bought at Costco today. (Excluding a few boring items like c-fold towels and post-its that I bought for Dan's office...those don't count!)

5th most expensive thing: $12.49 a bottle of extra virgin olive oil...here's to hoping that the extra expense keeps us from getting high cholesterol!
4th most expensive thing: garbage bags $13.49 that's a lot of money for something that you're buying for the sole purpose of throwing it away...go figure!

3rd most expensive thing: paper plates $14.79 I suppose I should stop being such a lazy bum and start using my dishwasher more...nah, totally worth the money when you would rather hang with friends or family rather than washing dishes :)

2nd most expensive thing: TP $17.99 I know what you're thinking..."buy a cheaper brand if you don't want to pay that much!" But I must tell you that last time I bought the Kirkland brand just to save a dollar or so, and we ended up donating it to the office because we hated it so bad. So, if you ever use the potty at Dan's office...you're welcome for the scratchy TP!

1st most expensive thing: TOP SECRET father's day Guitar Hero game for the Wii (I think I'll leave the exact price off this one for obvious reasons...yikes!!!) I feel pretty safe posting this because my hubby never checks my blog...but the girls and I are pretty excited about this one. Not as fun as 'Rock Band' but it will give us good practice when we go to the Hill's house!

Well, there you have it...the {TOP 5} things that sucked up all my money today. But I must say a huge THANK YOU to Amy for keeping my girls so I could spend my money in peace all by myself! And after Sunday...please feel free to come play Guitar Hero with us!

(and for next weeks list, I was thinking about answering 5 questions that people have always wanted to ask me. Send me your questions or I'll just make some up...

8 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

OK, I really liked that post! (oh and please don't say anything about the time I am posting this! you just posted on my blog missy! GO TO BED!)

The garbage bag post made me laugh out loud!

Hmmmm, a question....I will have to think about that and get back to you!

OH, and if Dan checks your email, which is possible because he has emailed me from your email, make sure you delete any comments that come in about the...well, you know...just so it doesn't ruin anything! AND I will be over on Monday! Maybe if we walk in place at the same time it will count as our walk around the loop?! HUH??!!

Alright I am going to bed NOW!

Anonymous said...

K I just went to Costco last week for 4 items. I had all four kids with Kelsey and Aaron in the cart and ended up filling the cart almost to the point of needing another one. I kept getting people asking me if I needed help. Guess it looks crazy for a pregnant lady to be pushing a cart that weighed three times her. I spent so much money on what? And the bad part is where do you put it all when you get home?!!

[BrookeO] said...

BUT yet everyone still hearts COSTCO!!!
I love this post. Guitar Hero IS SO MUCH FUN!! Well worth the $$$$$$$ on that one.

I'm working on a question...I'll be back!
xo

KayLynn said...

Winder Dairy's sales pitch is that the average milk run to the store ends up costing around $50. So their rational is to have everything delivered. Yes I am sure that if I could go on line and tell them everything to deliver me that day (tomatoes, bread, eggs, etc.) that I would make if off the website having spent way over $100. At least at the store I get to see that that clump of grapes weighs 4 pounds before deciding whiether to buy it or not. But really I can do dishes! I could save you a little...right?

Jessica said...

Your blog is hilarious!!! I love it! Every time I read it I laugh out loud! My question for you is this:
What on earth can 'do without doing' so I can have as much time as you do to blog? I think I know the answer. It looks like you are usually blogging when I am sleeping, nope, can't do it!!! I LOVE my sleep, and my early 9:15 bedtime, but I get up at 5:15, so does that count for anything? Thanks for a good laugh!

Jelina said...

Hilarious and SO TRUE. I buy those same $$ things--and I totally agree with the Charmin--you can't buy anything else.

Darlene said...

I agree with the paper plates, they are so worth it, especially if you have company.

Jeppson Clan said...

I heart Costco. Great post. Have fun with your new you-know what! Father's days have come a long way since Iowa. (Doesn't take much.)