Wednesday, October 29, 2008

An artistic bunch...

Have I mentioned that I'm a lame-o mother? Well I am...and this is proof!

The problem is we moved into a little townhouse that has VERY LITTLE storage, no garage, no nothin'! So to say we have limited space is an understatement. So Halloween comes around, and my kids are so excited to go get some decorations to make our house spooky! But when we get to the store everything I see I think in my head..."where am I going to put that when Halloween is over?" And the answer is- nowhere! So I tell my girls we can get some of those spider webs, but other than that we are going to have to make our own decorations.

And here is the finished product...just say it! (white trash) I know the truth hurts, but at least I don't have to find storage for any decorations :) Don't be embarrassed for me...I feel fine about myself even if people who drive by feel sorry for the poor family who lives in #252.
Photobucket


Cute, little Sydney is just learning how to write and spell. She was SOOOO proud of herself for drawing this picture without any help! What she meant to say was "Boo, Boo.....AAAHHHH!" But what she actually wrote (thanks to the Rideout girls for pointing this out to us) was "Boob-oo...AAAHHH!" I wonder who's boobs she was being frightened by :)
Photobucket


Also, we are very proud of Kallie for winning 3rd place on her reflections picture! Yay Kallie! Dan asked her what she did when they called her name and Kallie said, "I put a smile on my face and I was big and proud!" (hee, hee)
Photobucket


She was beside herself with joy that they gave her this beautiful medal...
Photobucket


Her visual art painting titled "Fairs are Fun"...complete with TONS of glitter for a little bling!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Kara said...

First of all I have storage space and my outdoor decorations don't look that good. I think you did a great job. And way to go kallie. I wish they had reflections here. Krissa would love to do it!
p.s. did you get your tickets? Are your sisters coming?

Just Us said...

Those would be my boobs that she is saying "ahhh" to.
I think your house looks very cute.
Good job Kallie, I am very proud of you. I love the finished product.

Diane said...

I am laughing out loud. So cute. My feeling, the less you have to store even if you have space the simpler your life is. I think Kallie's medal is shnazzzy. Congrats Kallie.

Elise and Trevor said...

I love reading your blog. It always makes me laugh. I am glad to hear that things are going well for you.

Allens, Inc. said...

If you're white trash for you spider webs, check out our's, at least your's are white! Congrats to Kallie!