Thursday, October 23, 2008

Legoland USA, Carlsbad, CA

All I have to say is that if you don't think this place is cool (a)there is something wrong with you and (b)you've never played with Legos.

Kallie took this picture of a pot of flowers in our hotel lobby...I'd almost rather have these than the real thing (at least they don't die)!
Photobucket


Kallie wanted to ride in the boat by herself so I got booted :(
Photobucket


It's official, my girls are wimps! If you see two year olds on the ride...that is the ride Kallie and Syd will want to go on over & over. Like this horse ride that they thought was the greatest, the horses rocked back and forth a little and went around a track...yee haw! I did make them go on one little roller coaster (The Dragon) Kallie was wimpering the whole time & Sydney kept saying, "this is NOT fun mom, NOT fun!"
Photobucket


Happy Halloween (almost).
Photobucket


I'm telling this story just to let you know what a bad mother I am...They have two little tracks for cars one is for 2-5 yr olds, we started out in this line and I said, "Uh oh, you guys are too big for this ride but there's one around the corner for bigger kids." So we get in line for the cars for bigger kids...and we wait & wait. As we get closer to the front I notice the sign that says for 6-12 yr old. Oh crap! Sydney is 5 1/2 but she is NOT going to be happy if I make her get in the "baby" line again. So I said (mostly joking, I didn't think they'd really ask), "If anybody asks you, tell them you're 6." Sure enough, the teenage Legoland worker comes by and asks everyone how old they are, and Syd (without even hesitating) says "6"! What have I done? I TOLD her to lie and she did without even thinking twice about it. True she has friends that ARE 6 that look younger than her, and true she was fully capable of driving the car (except that little U-turn she tried that didn't work out so well), but it was still a lie! Once again I win the terrible-horrible-no-good-very-bad mother of the year award! Yay me...
Photobucket


Yes there were 2 year olds on this little train that went around the track...but if SHE'S happy I'm happy too :)
Photobucket


Syd enjoying her $5 slice of pizza...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Dan took this picture w/o me even knowing...yay Dan! I think that's a first (and maybe a last).
Photobucket

Photobucket


Beautiful ending to another fun day!
Photobucket

11 comments:

[BrookeO] said...

aw.

Ok, honestly though, is their a better mom out there than you?! You know I look up to you don't you?

Kara said...

Ok you are a great mom and we all know it! I used to sometimes at the theater say krissa was younger than she was (because she was really little) so I could get her in for free=) Looks like a great vacation. Cant wait to see you in a couple weeks

{Jamey} said...

Thats looks like fun! I decided that St. George was a good move for you guys. Your girls live in their swimsuits and now they have more that 3 months out of the year to use them ;0) Can't wait to see the Sea World Pics!

Cali and Brett Smith said...

I have always wanted to go there.. It looks so cool.
and PS-- i think you are a great mother.. :)

I decided to move my mystery diagnosis post to my personal blog.. so thats what happened to it.

And thanks again for letting my stay at your house-- it is beautiful.

Adrie Peterson said...

Looks like we need to visit Legoland too! My kids would go crazy there with all that fun stuff to do...you should be Legoland's advertisement, as everyone would want to go there after watching your family have fun! Thanks for sharing!

Diane said...

When you are at my house will you please please please take a million pictures of my children. I need cuter ones than I have. Maybe my children are just ugly and it's not the photographers fault. Hee Hee

Diane said...

Sorry one more comment. If it makes you feel any better we did the EXACT same thing to Spencer his first year. Of course his birthday was like 3 days later but yes, it was a lie still. I felt badly as well. He did, however, have a blast on the big cars.

Just Us said...

Fun!
So if you loose your balance near any of those lego creations and crash into them, will they fall apart into a million pieces? Just kidding. That would be kind of funny because you know that Syd would of probably done it.

Elise said...

Your vacation looks like lots of fun. I think maybe after Trevor graduates in four years we might attempt a vacation too!!

Cheryl said...

Welcome to California! You look like you're having a ton of fun! Love the pictures!

Melanie said...

looks like fun...