So...more pictures from the games since that is all I feel like I've been doing! And I may just win the terrible-horrible-no-good-very-bad-mother-of-the-year award after the last week and a half...but tomorrow we are off to San Diego and that will make up for everything right?!? Yipee!
There are more than five...but I picked a few of my recent favorites!
I know the 'Senior Games' words are right across his face, but WOW look at that serve! I totally want to learn to play tennis now!
I think photographing the 5k portion of the triathlon was the highlight of the games for me. Talk about inspiring! All of the individual participants (those not on relay teams) had their ages written in Sharpie on their calf and I was AMAZED as some of them ran past me how great they looked! I LOVE the look on this lady's face...she makes a triathlon look like as much fun as Disneyland!
This is exactly how I would feel if I had just done something this cool!
Two 85+ volleyball players (yes...their ENTIRE team was over 85 yrs old) this one just makes me laugh out loud :)
Um yeah...this one too! He's ready and waiting for that volleyball that is just about to be spiked right to him...
You may think this looks easy (capturing the photo I mean) but believe me it's NOT! I deleted hundreds of pictures that I was just barely too late and missed the action completely...I even had a few pictures where all I got was the ceiling (no ball, no players, nothin')!
And for anyone who hasn't heard of Pickleball...here it is. Rackets bigger than a ping-pong racket hitting wiffle balls on a miniature tennis court, quite entertaining actually.
And believe me....they are INTO their pickleball game. Please notice the medal winner 2nd from the left who's shirt reads "life is simple...eat, sleep, and play pickleball". (hee, hee)
And now my time on the "official photography team" is over. It was fun and craziness all rolled together (I have a new appreciation for single, working mothers). And hopefully my cute friend Andrea will continue to be my friend after having been babysitter abused to the maximum...however, I did find her a very cute bag on Etsy that I'm going to get her for her pain and suffering! Maybe I should get myself one too...
Next week be prepared for photo overload of a much needed long weekend in San Diego...adios!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
{TOP 5} Tuesday...continued
Posted by Norris Fam at 12:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Great pictures Carrie! Have fun in San diego!
I love the pictures. You really captured some great moments. Have a great trip.
How inspiring are they?! It is amazing to see that much energy! I think I should probably stop checking my blogs and get outside and run or something! :)
Have a blast in SD. Can't wait for the pics!
Ha! I thoroughly enjoyed that post. My face didn't look like either of those ladies when I finished my tri. It's pretty hard. Also, I hope you don't mind my using that one of the guy waiting for the spike as my new desktop. I thought that was hilarious! Why do I have such a twisted sense of humor?
Having just come back from Disneyland...that lady actually looks happier than some of the people I saw there. (Crazy but true.) Great pics.
what a fun event to photograph! You caught some great shots. And is the guy in the last picture on the far left wearing a skirt??
Carrie, those are great shots! You should go pro.! I love seeing old people living life to the fullest. I plan to be just like them when I'm an old lady!
Great pictures! and just for the record, that woman looks much happier that people at Disneyland, unless you happen to be a Disney worker and its in your job to look happy.
Post a Comment