So the reason we moved to this new land so much earlier than Dan was that school started so early, today to be exact. What a fun day it was for both of my big, school going girls. Kallie woke up at the crack of dawn and then had to wait an eternity until 9:00 when school started (her old school started at 7:50, that's a big difference)! Sydney laid on the ground screaming because she wanted to go to school in the morning with Kallie and not wait until afternoon kindergarten started. To make matters worse, Sydney's teacher did a 45 min. 'treasure hunt' for the first day and that was it! So poor, poor little Sydney had to wait at home with no one but her boring mother to play with clear until 2:45...I think she asked 'is it time to go yet mom' about a million times! But at the end of the day everyone came away happy and excited for tomorrow!
Kallie couldn't get over the fact that there were palm trees in front of her school. How cool is that!
Kallie couldn't get over the fact that there were palm trees in front of her school. How cool is that!


Didn't realize my camera was on full manual mode, there's no fixing this one but I didn't want to leave it off (a little over-exposure never hurt anyone).

The question...will she learn to write her "S" the right way? I've practiced with her at least a zillion times...is there hope?

Side note #1: There seem to be a few people who are a little confused about our life situation at the moment, don't worry we're all confused! Here's the story in a nut shell: Dan is selling his office in Hailey to start a new office in Las Vegas that specializes in TMJ therapies and Sleep Apnea oral appliances as well as cranial-facial pain in general. However, we sorta don't want to live in Vegas so we are trying out the possibility of living in St. George and Dan will commute. It's isn't as bad as it sounds though because he is only planning on working 3 days a week (and a 4th doing paperwork at home) and his aunt and grandma live in Vegas so he can stay with them. This is just an experiment so we'll see how it goes. Dan will stay in Hailey for a while until the sale of the practice is final (hopefully just a few more weeks) and the 'vacation home' I've been referring to is our lovely home that we bought and may not be able to sell for a while. So let me know if you are in the area and don't want to stay in a hotel. And yes...Kristin if your in-laws buy the 'vacation home' you can have the flowers and not only that I'll probably buy you flowers every year until I die! How's that for a good offer :)
Side note #2: Have you ever had a friend (Jeni) that would hang out with you by the pool while the children swam and at a moment of panic when you think your 5 year old might be struggling in the water rushes into the water to save her. Just say this friend was wearing a brand new outfit that she had just gotten in the mail that day...would she still rush in fully dressed to help? What if the mother of the 5 year old (me) didn't rush into the water, but instead ran along the deck of the pool to yell at her 8 year old to go save the 5 year old. And what would your friend say in the end if your 5 year old was just crying and throwing a fit because her sister had taken a pool toy away from her and she wanted it back...would your friend be mad? And then...what if the towel you were sitting on by the side of the pool blew away in the wind and landed in the pool, no big deal right??? Unless your friend's cell phone was sitting on the towel and when the towel blew into the pool so did her cell phone. So now you have a friend (Jeni) who is wearing brand new soaking wet clothes with a dripping,dead cell phone all because your 5 year old wanted a little bag of plastic pool fish...would your friend still want to be your friend??? I'll let you know tomorrow :)


16 comments:
OH MY HECK! That is quite an adventure for Jeni! I am SURE she is still your friend! How could she not be?! Right Jeni?!
You know I will ALWAYS be your friend. Soaking a new outfit and drowning a phone won't make me go away. I don't go away that easily.
Don't you wish sometimes that there would be a random video camera video taping your life so that you could watch certain scenes over and over again? That would definately be one of them. It was so funny. The best was when I had Syd thinking I had just saved her from drowning and as I sat her at the edge of the pool the first words out of her mouth are.. "Kallie took my toy and won't give it back."
Im sure jeni will forgive you. If she doesnt you are free to move closer to me=)
Dan was telling us that story last night, oh my what a laugh we got! Jeni is a saint, I hope she would sacrifice herself to save one of my screaming children!!
I can hardly believe we'll be starting school soon! They look darling! SYD is just too small for kindy, did you cry??
I forgot to add that you are probably happy that there won't be anymore of the wearing of the snow pants 90% of the year. In fact my sisters kids wear shorts all year most years.
Too funny! So grateful for blogs...especially now that you are so far away. Glad you have Jeni. Colton was excited to see Syd and her first day of school.
That is a great story. Very funny! Hope school continues to go well and that Dan is with you guys again soon! And thanks for the clarification...I was getting confused. ;)
Hah! Your story cracked me up. I can just imagine it in my head. I laughed probably the hardest as you described standing next to the side while Jeni just jumped right in. I wish you could have video taped it! And I will try my hardest if it means free flowers =). And then I realized it would probably be in the fall and they would probably be dead =)
Way to go Jeni!! Carrie your two are so so so cute. They all ready look like "golden" children who have enjoyed their summer very much. Hear's to sitting by the pool, or jumping in fully clothed, what ever your preference.
LOVE that Jeni, she always comes to the rescue no matter what it is. You two are so lucky to have each other down there, I am so jelouse. The girls look adorable! so glad to see that you are all doing well.
Carrie,
This was so much fun to read. It's great catching up on all you've been doing...without our hour-long phone calls! Thanks for reading my blog too, as I never thought anyone would read it. Your blog is really great. Can you give me some pointers on customizing mine? Let me know!
Adrie
I am dying!!! I went to that Elementary School. YES I WENT THERE!!!! Who are their teachers? How fun! Ok, now tell me where you are living? What ward?
Thanks for clearing things up a bit!
Love ya!
xo
We were wondering what was going on with the Norris'! What an adventure. I hope everything goes as you hope! Bit of a climate change from Hailey to St. George I imagine?! Good luck!
Too funny! Great visuals come to mind as read that story. Tell Jeni my sister has a solution for all electronics that get wet. Soak it in a bowl of dry rice. I guess it sucks the water out and then the phone might start working again!?!
St. George, huh?! It sounds like a major life change! Those are always scary. We are deciding now what to do to. You have some awesome friend in Jeni, but I was laughing through that entire recap--similar things have happened to me, and I have also been the one to not rescue but yell! Oh well. Thank goodness for good friends.
I love the picture of kallie on the first day of school
Post a Comment