Saturday, August 30, 2008

Don't Look Back

For better or worse...
For richer or poorer...

The deal is done and this guy is the new owner of Wood River Dental!
(should I be happy or should I go puke?)farewell little office that has been such a huge blessing to our family...
Maren and I are freaking out, Dan is happy as a clam and Jared is...well, truthfully I have no idea, probably in shock! Life is a funny thing and one day I might figure it out...then again maybe not!

Mary Engelbreit wrote a poem that goes like this:

Don't Look Back

As you travel through life there are always those times
when decisions just have to be made,
when the choices are hard and solutions seem scarce
and the rain seems to soak your parade!

There are some situations where all you can
do is to simply let go and move on,
gather courage together and choose a direction
that carries you toward a new dawn.

So pack up your troubles and take a step forward.
The process of change can be tough.
But think about all the excitement ahead,
if you can be stalwart enough!

There could be adventures you never imagined
just waiting around the next bend
and wishes and dreams just about to come true
in ways you can't yet comprehend!

Perhaps you'll find friendships that spring from new interests,
as you challenge your status quo
and learn there are so many options in life,
and so many ways you can grow!

Perhaps you'll go places you never expected
and see things that you've never seen,
or travel to fabulous, faraway worlds and
wonderful spots in between!

Perhaps you'll find warmth, affection and caring,
a "somebody special" who's there
to help you stay centered and listen with interest
to stories and feelings you share.

Perhaps you'll find comfort in knowing your friends
are supportive of all that you do
and believe that whatever decisions you make,
they'll be the right choices for you!

So keep putting one foot in front of the other
and taking your life day by day.
There's a brighter tomorrow that's just down the road.
Don't look back, you're not going that wa
y!


Sometimes you have to have faith and take a step into the dark...here goes nothin'
(Good luck Jared and Maren, hopefully all of your wishes and dreams are about to come true too!)

9 comments:

Kara said...

Congrats Jared and Maren. That was a great poem and it definetly hit home with me=)

Anonymous said...

What an exciting adventure for the both of you.
What a great poem too.

Holly Ogden said...

I think that poem sums up my feelings when I have to move on as well. Enjoy the ride! Life is just one big adventure.

Darlene said...

That is a great poem.

Good luck with your new adventure.

Anonymous said...

The poem almost made me cry. It is so true to life. I especially loved the last line. Good luck!

Julie Freeman said...

love the poem, i think i needed that today!

Allens, Inc. said...

Inspiring and applicable.

KayLynn said...

Maybe I'm just emotional, but I needed that post. I think that you guys moving has been way harder than it should have been to me. It is strange that something you write, makes me realize that you will all be ok. I love you guys, and am very excited for you!

Patti said...

I have a Mary Englebreit illustration called "Don't look Back". It is one of my all time favorite pictures. I didn't know she wrote a poem to go with it.