The Big Move:
the good-
*we found Beau (more on that later)
*we traveled safely
*none of our stuff got broken
*Dan came for the weekend :)
*We went to the mall, Target and Olive Garden yesterday...can you believe it!
*I only have these two boxes left to unpack

The bad-
*i miss my friends like crazy
*Dan has to go home tomorrow :(
*We were one of 8 new families at church today! You had to sign a list if this was your first Sunday. Sorta felt like just one more "to-do" on the list.
*The closet, can you believe this thing! It would be perfect for a single male maybe, but for a hubby and wife...I don't think so!

*Our new backyard, no more 1/3 acre of green grass for us. I must say however, Beau is doing remarkably well at going poops & peeps on the rocks!
And...the ugly (probably should have left this one off)-
*the week old dog bite wound on my leg (I sacrificed my body so the prodigal dog didn't get eaten by the big german hunting dog). Let's just say...pool, butt white legs, big ugly bruise- it's not a pretty sight!
But on the positive side...everyone has air conditioning here unlike the land where we keep our vacation home :)

And...the ugly (probably should have left this one off)-
*the week old dog bite wound on my leg (I sacrificed my body so the prodigal dog didn't get eaten by the big german hunting dog). Let's just say...pool, butt white legs, big ugly bruise- it's not a pretty sight!
But on the positive side...everyone has air conditioning here unlike the land where we keep our vacation home :)


11 comments:
Im so glad you posted. I have been dying to see pictures and see how you are doing. Im also glad you found beau. Its funny you went from no air conditioning to air conditioning and I did the opposite=) You are so lucky to have Jeni close by I would die for at least one friend to hang around with on the boring days=)
ug! I had to leave town last weekend to busy myself...I don't know if I'd take a huge ward over our pathetic small one....:) but you just might get a calling like "greeter", and I'd definitely take that any day.
That was quite a weekend! I'm so glad we ended up finding Beau for the sake of everyone's sanity! We're glad that he's back! That turned out to be quite the bite on your leg. That will probably go down in history as one of the worst weekends you spent here right?
Glad you are safe, and found your dog, but where the heck ARE you? And where is Dan, Las Vegas?
Glad to see that Dan used some of his time to get you back connected to the "world". To bad he had to return to the vacation home so quick. Now that we have seen the closet and the pool (by the way what a miracle Syd) do we get to see pictures of the rest of the house?
I can tell we need a good long talk on the phone. There is a lot to catch up on!
Yeah. I'm glad you posted. I'm also SOOO glad you found Beau. I was so sad for you. Nice dog bite, though, I don't know if I'd do the same for Atlas. :) And...rock yards have their advantages. I did that for 3 years, too. The pool will make up for it.
When Amy told me you lost Beau I about started to cry, mostly because I would be FREAKING out! I am SO glad you found him safe and sound! And airconditioning is HEAVEN! We have been taking full advantage of this wonderful invention this year! I also hope the girls like school tomorrow. I think Jeni told me it was tomorrow? Come visit the "vacation home" soon =) we miss you too! OH! Jay's parents are looking at moving here and I am really trying to convince Jay to get them to buy your house. I am trying really hard, so if they buy it do I finally get the flowers =)?
Oh Carrie! I have been patiently waiting a post...glad to see you made it --- however I was hoping for more details...Are you renting? Where? I'm a little confused, vacation home and all :)
You know my family lives there, you know you could go on over for Sunday dinner, I will let them know you are coming!!! ---
Oh, I don't envy that moving business, but at least next time you do it, it will be local (and our's going from rental to house in town was pretty slick). I'm impressed that you're already almost done unpacking, WITH a dog bite to boot. Glad we got to experience the Bellevue vacation house wonder before you moved. Thanks again for such a wonderful trip! Sin City TMJ, here Dan comes!!
Yea, you posted!! :) You are missed terribly and so while I hope you are having a fabulous time,... I'm also glad to hear that its not quite "jumping-for-joy" crazy fun down there because you miss us, too! (I'm so selfish) Oh and at least your summer home is in Sun Valley and not Meridian, ID. Keep the pictures coming. Maren
Post a Comment