My aunt Kamie lives by Bryleen & Corky and gets regular updates from them on Beau's current state and all of his comings and goings. I thought some of you might find Kamie's updates as entertaining as I do! I'm so happy when she emails them to me, it makes me feel so excited for Beau...I'm pretty sure he thinks he's in the middle of a dream that he never wants to wake up from :).
Tues 4/14 Update
Dear Carrie,
I just got done reading your blog. What a sweet tribute to my new cousin. I think we look a little alike, the hair above the lip you know?! Maybe Dan's next venture could involve electrolisis. He could help people sleep through the procedure!
Beau's step-parents talk with smiles in their voices at their new child and you couldn't have bestowed a gift on two more grateful people. What a great blessing!
Byrleen went out to mow the lawn yesterday because Uncle Buck's knee was hurting and he called to tell me that Beau was going crazy because Byrleen was out and he wasn't with her. I don't know what was funnier that Beau was crazy or that Corky took time to call me and tell me about it. We should start a new blog called "Beau Watch".
When I talked to Byrleen a little while ago, they were headed out the door to buy a new bedspread because "We can't wipe his feet clean every time he comes in; that would drive him crazy. And he has to be able to bring his bones to bed if he wants to." (Silly me)
And then as the call ended "Come up and see us all when you can."
I know you miss him terribly but be comforted in knowing that while you are slaving away he is enjoying the life of "King Beau". Thank you for your sacrifice to save him and them.
Love you all so much.
Kamie
Kamie
4/15/2009 Update
7:15 this morning and Uncle Buck is in the yard with rain pouring down on him because Beau refused to get wet and had gone without peeing since yesterday at 3:00. So Corky picked him up and went out to the yard with him and set him down so he could pee. I don't think an umbrella was involved for either but I'm sure we may see them on the news later today.
Then he gets back in the house and Byrleen is cooking up some hamburger for the king (I told her she should rename him Elvis).
Both Byrleen and Corky had called me by 8:00 to tell me how much the other one liked him more. He has a hair appointment next Monday with Mindy (a friend of mine from the ward). Byrleen is willing to change his name because the Obama's named their dog Bo. I told her that was a slum name and the Beau was very dignified.
So, I'll try and keep you posted but every single little thing Beau does is an entire story and I may not have time to write the details.
I don't blame you for keeping the dishes. When I had to put Whitney down and before I brought Marjorie home I didn't take down her things either. I don't know why because everytime I walked by they would tug at my heart but it seemed like I didn't care if I got rid of them.
Have a great day.
Love Kamie
4/16/09 Update
Love Kamie
4/16/09 Update
Dear Carrie,
It snowed here yesterday and Beau had a delightful time dashing from one end of the yard to the other chasing the birds out of "his" yard. There were only a few inches of snow then.
Unfortunately, by this morning there were 8-9" on the ground and he peed on the patio because it was as deep as he was and what could you expect?
Then he was safely back in the arms of his doting step-mom and a towel warmed in the dryer; then back to bed to sleep off the horrible ordeal.
This morning step-mom was trying to dust when I called and he was terribly upset because she was supposed to be throwing the ball with her free hand. Don't interrupt the new schedule, okay?
Things here are great I hope you're doing well. I hope you have a fun time with KayLynn and family.
Love ya,
Kamie
4 comments:
K- I'm like totally laughing my head off! What a spoiled little doggy! I heard KayLynn is coming to see you. Wish I could come too! Have tons of fun.
Those e-mails are hilarious! I agree with you...Beau does NOT want to wake up.
It sounds like his new step mom and dad are taking extremely good care of him.
Carrie,
This was GREAT! You definitely made the right choice. One can tell that Beau (Elvis) is in a blissful place. So funny, I loved it all!
Love that the dog is happy, but so sad for his first family. You guys are all troopers! Love reading your blog, and hearing how you are all doing.
Post a Comment