Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Oh what I wouldn't give...

I have a friend. I wish you all knew this friend (many of you do). I always hear people talking about their BFF (best friend forever). I feel like I have a long list of BFF's and this little friend is definitely, no questions asked, hands down on my list and always will be. So when Holly emailed to tell me about some weekend retreats that are being held at her parents amazing cabin in Donnelly, Idaho (by McCall) I had to spread the word, because oh man...what I wouldn't give to go to one of these. Miracles can happen right?!? I do want to tell you that I have spent a few heavenly weekends at this cabin and it is one happy place in my mind. Personal favorite...the huge theater room, big bowl of something yummy watching the movie of choice for the night. And I haven't even been there since the pool house was built...


So if you are looking for a little girls weekend (and you know you are) check out this website and sign up! Believe me you won't regret it...and there are many of us that will assure you that when the Bird family says "gourmet meals" they mean food that you will want to lick your plate when no one is watching :).

I have lots of girls on my "list" that are a hop, skip and jump away from this place and if you all sign up for a weekend I might just fly into Boise and drive up with you (seriously).

Check it out and let me know when you're going...

http://westmountain.homestead.com/

8 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Ok I am IN! Seriously, HOW FUN WOULD THAT BE?! If you don't scrapbook, make cards or just lounge! AH HEAVEN!

What weekend do you want! Seriously, I totally want to do it!

I am sure it would be a great closer to the end of summer weekend getaway, when we are all needing it most! :)

Megan said...

I have never done anything like that; I probably should, huh!? :) I will keep it in mind....

Oh, and call any old time! It would be great to chat again! I didn't write your number down and now it is gone off my caller id.

The Hills said...

Does this mean I would need to scrapbook or can I just watch? OR better yet can I bring my pictures and have someone else scrapbook for me:):) ?? Cabin looks amazing, where can I sign up for a free one of those? Maren

Cabin grandma said...

You are the best! Thank you for blogging about our scrapbook retreat. We woud love to have you and all of your friends! Maybe we could even get Holly to come!

Amanda said...

I am totally in too! Wow I remember you talking about how amazing that place was. Can we just be lazy and swim! Does bringing a laptop and organizing digital photo's count as scrapbooking?

KayLynn said...

One of those weekends is taylor made for me :) If I can hitch a ride I think I could actually swing it. You could even register us and keep the $20. Let me know because I would have to start sweet talking now! :) Dream the imposible dream...and all sorts of other lovely man of la mancha songs are going through my head. PS the miracle of a comment is made possible via mom's computer

Allens, Inc. said...

Oh, I'll come in a heartbeat (plus a few months). Let's party!

Jelina said...

I'd love to go, too...but I'd probably do digital scrapbooking, as well. Did anyone decide when they want to go?