Friday, April 24, 2009

Get a bowl of popcorn...

because this is going to be a really long post! Can you say {catch-up}...but you know me, I take WAY too many pictures and I don't want to miss a thing in my blog book (that I keep talking about). So...if you get bored and don't make it through this post, I won't be offended :)

Over Spring Break (as mentioned before) we took a quick trip to Utah. We had a really great time seeing everyone and staying at Papa's house.

On Friday (April 10th) we met KayLynn, Dave and the girls at the zoo. I mean really...who doesn't love the zoo?!? Syd came close to death, yet lived to tell about it...

Photobucket

What is it about self portraits...they crack me up! I love to do them (probably because it's the only time I'm in a picture). The funny thing is the little girls in front of us TOTALLY thought I was taking a picture of them...they had the biggest cheesiest grins on their faces. Too funny, big smiles for a stranger's camera! You can't tell we're sisters can you?!?
Photobucket

And I put this one on because sometimes we all need a good laugh....tell me (honestly) if you didn't know me, would you think I was handicapped! (I can't stop laughing...)
Photobucket


Everyone looks cute in this picture (besides me, but that's not the point)...but look at little Sadie in the front. That smile is a KEEPER!
Photobucket

They love to POSE!
Photobucket

This very well might be my favorite (except that Sadie was in the stroller and not in the photo).
Photobucket

I hope they're best friends with all their cousins forever...they sure love them ALL now!
Photobucket

We finally made it to the front of the line to ride the train...when they informed us that they were going to re-fuel and would be back in 20 minutes. What the heck! But these girls were VERY patient!
Photobucket


The next day we went to Grandma Sherry's house to have an Easter Egg hunt with all the Norris cousins. (Please excuse my girl's hair...I was trying to do a variation of the Easter Egg do off the hairstyles for girls blog, but alas, it went very wrong :).
Photobucket

Photobucket

We miss you Grandma & Grandpa...does this photo make you a little homesick?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Next we went to the Coombs' cousin Easter Egg hunt. I'm afraid I didn't get very good pictures AT ALL. My camera wasn't liking the indoor (thanks to the rain) kiddos running around finding their treasured eggs. But I thought this one was very cute of all of the girls showing off our new bracelets that Andrea made and hid in our eggs. I'm sad Kallie's hand got cut off, but trust me...her's is as cute as the rest!
Photobucket

Our Easter morning would never be complete without picking up all those jellybeans that silly Easter Bunny leaves laying all over the house (or Papa's house this year).
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Wow! You're still reading...you must either really love us, or be really bored!

Back at home (on April 17th) Kallie had a Field Day at school that parents were invited to attend. I don't want to miss a thing, so I rescheduled a few patients and headed to school. It was so windy and cold I couldn't believe they were having the kids play in water...I think they were expecting warmer temps! Here is Kallie fishing marbles out of the pool with her toes...brrrr!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Running to dump her cup of water into the bucket. (please excuse her flood pants...we're saving our $$ for summer clothes).
Photobucket

Last weekend we were so happy that the Wheeler family drove down to see us for their spring break. I know what you're thinking...they must REALLY love us. I'm not sure why, but for some reason I think they do.

I'm afraid KayLynn & Dave did a lot of entertaining themselves and babysitting my children...thanks! We did pack a picnic on Saturday and took a small stroll up to the water tower. It is soooo windy here, I had no idea! And up at the top of the hill it's even worse, we almost blew away just like Dorothy!
Photobucket

Holly was telling me that Vegas has to be prettier than Albuquerque, I've never been to Albuquerque but seriously...is this the desert or what!
Photobucket

We let the kids play at the park after our walk and they had so much fun catching the ladybugs that were EVERYWHERE! I think they had over 30 in their little water bottle...
Photobucket

But in the end, they decided to set them all free so they didn't die. Not the best picture, but you get the idea!
Photobucket


And....THE GRAND FINALE...for any of you who made it to the end!

A little bonus picture of Syd that I found on my camera card. I told you...there is nothing better than a good self portrait! :)
Photobucket
HAPPY FRIDAY!

16 comments:

Megan said...

Very cute post. I read it all, too! Because I do love you and I just got done paying bills and wanted to play around on the computer a bit.

I love ladybugs and loved the pictures of them. Your commentary is hilarious. I especially like the comment about the flood pants. Hee hee hee. My comments are always about the food on my kids' faces in each picture and Addie's forever messy hair.....((sigh))

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

I read it all and LOVED it ALL!

I can't get over how big Syd is getting and how short Kallie's pants are on her! :) HA! I loved that part! Seriously, who could keep normal length pants on that girl! Those legs put Stacy Keebler to shame! :)

I miss you...have I told you that lately? Well, I do! I really really really DO!

Love you!

Diane said...

That made my Friday night. I do believe the self portrait of Syd was my favorite. although handicapped KayLynn and Carrie was up there. You know if you jumped in the car right now you could be here by midnight we could still play for a few hours tomorrow. Tempting I know.

Just Us said...

I read it all too because I love and miss you and will take any Norris family I can get. I love all the pictures especially the last one of Syd, it made me smile. I needed that today.

{sheree} said...

I read to the end too! Your posts are always so much fun to read! I especially loved your zoo pics...I just love that zoo!
I think I finally have our travel plans figured out, I'll email you. :o)

Kristin and Jay said...

You crack me up. I too read the WHOLE thing and loved it. The last picture made me chuckle. You are too funny! When are you coming to visit a little further than Utah?!!

Kara said...

If you ask me there wasnt enough. I miss you guys!

Darlene said...

I loved your post. The last picture made it all worth it. You make life so much fun.

Em said...

I loved the post! That last picture of Syd really gave me a good laugh!

[BrookeO] said...

K. Carrie. Cutest post. I love the long ones.
I always love your pictures and your girls always look amazing. I sure wish we were neighbors again - I miss our creative adventures.

Love ya girl.
B

Brooke said...

I loved reading your blog tonight! In fact, I caught up on all your post while Brandon was gone. It is wonderful and CHEERFUL!
You are an amazing PHOTOGRAPHER! You should take pictures professionally, maybe you do.... I definitely would pay you to take them! You will have to teach me a trick or two. I love taking pictures and I am no pro!
Thanks for hanging out, it was nice to have company! Next time we will set out a game or two!

Jeppson Clan said...

Loved it all. I always love your posts and "catching up" with the Norris'.

The Hills said...

WO!! I made it :):) JK I love reading your blog. Especially when I sat down to do work and am trying to do anything but that. So Thanks for providing longer entertainment than normal. Your family is classic, its so fun to read about your daily adventures! Maren

Anonymous said...

I loved the post! Next time call me and I'll come to the zoo too! I'd meet up with the two of you anytime. I love the pictures of you and KayLynn, it made me miss you both. What fun girl's bracelets. Way to go Andrea! I was laughing at the Christmas pjs on Easter morning-- we did that too! That was the best picture to finish off the post, I laughed out loud.

Allens, Inc. said...

Phew, I made it...and I loved it. Your girls always are darling. I was glad to see Syd's and Kallie's "Easter Egg" do, because that's what Clara's hair looks like 90% of the time! Thanks for the catch-up.

Jelina said...

So...I'm catching up on blog reading. It has been awhile since I've read or posted...so, I got to see your self portraits that my previous comment asked for :) just backwards. Fun pics. Your kids are so beautiful.