Thursday, April 30, 2009

Tea Time...

Today I was lucky enough to be invited by my sweet little kindergartner to "Tea Time with Mom" for Mother's Day. The celebration came a little early because starting Monday my girls are off track until the end of May. Lucky them, this is pretty much the only summer break they get. They will be spending the majority of it at the local rec center's "KidZone" program. We'll see how it goes!

Their teacher really tried to prep them on manners and how you treat special guests. They pulled out our chairs and made sure to serve us before themselves.

Photobucket


The beverage choices were of course tea and Dunkin' Donuts coffee. I was the ONLY mother who opted for apple juice :)
Photobucket

Sydney drinking her apple juice w/ an entire little packet of artificial sweetener mixed in...hey everyone else was doing it!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Syd's teacher that she adores...Mrs. Rodriguez.
Photobucket

Saturday we had to take a picture of the two of us for the place mats that were at our assigned seats. So after giving blood at the church to support the latest Eagle Scout project, Syd and I ducked into some bushes for a few self portraits. Oh how I love this little girl...my life would be so sad and boring (and clean) without her!
Photobucket

Please notice the purple egg that Syd found hidden in the bushes...complete with candy inside and everything! I'm sure it was missed a few weeks ago at the local primary egg hunt or something. But I'm not exaggerating when I say that you'd have thought she just won the lottery...her excitement was contagious!
Photobucket

11 comments:

Kelli said...

You girls are gorgeous!! I am looking forward to Tea Time with Sam next week, you have made me even more excited for it now!

Amanda said...

Beautiful mom=beautiful daughters!

Just Us said...

So sweet. I just love you both so much. All Syd has to do is smile and its contagious. Her cute smiley eyes, I love them. Can't wait to see you later today.

Anonymous said...

Go Apple Juice. What a fun day.

I want an egg filled with candy.

Your self portraits are sweet, and I really like your shirt, I happen to have one just like it in my closet.

Adrie Peterson said...

Carrie,
This was ADORABLE!!! I love how sweet your little girls are. I think you have it "made"...what else is there to life when you have the love of your family?! I'm so glad you shared this cute day with everyone.

Megan said...

That is too sweet! I love the tea time party. Too cute! Love the pictures, too. :) Pretty girls.

Holly Ogden said...

I love the last picture. So sweet.

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

SO CUTE! What a pretty little lady she is becoming...and her mommy, GEEZ is there a bad picture of you?! You are the loveliest in the land! :)

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela Zweifel said...

I still can't believe how big she is getting. She is gorgeous too! I hope you guys are doing well in Vegas! Miss you :)

Julie Freeman said...

That is a treasure! You are going to love that post in 20 years when she is not so messy! What a cute Sydney you have...