Sunday, April 12, 2009

I'm happy for his sake...

We just got home from a quick trip to Utah for a few days. Aunt Byrleen and Uncle Corky were nice enough to babysit Beau for us while we were there. After much deliberation and thinking of what is best for this little doggie...we decided it's best if he moves in with them (permanently). Here I go again...crying.
I know this is going to be so much better for him. He sits home all alone at least 9-10 hrs every day, sometimes more. When we get home we're tired and the list of things to do is long. When I'm exhausted and ready for bed he's ready to play. You all know he sometimes annoys the heck out of me, but oh how I love this little doggie. (Hold on, I have to go get a kleenex). It is because I love him that I am excited for him to be with 'Uncle Buck and Aunt B'. They have a nice big house with lots of room to roam and lots of beds to lay on. They have the perfect fenced backyard with lots of grass and shade and plenty of birds to chase and bark at. They have lots of time to love and lots of attention to give...things we are lacking in these days. He even sleeps in bed with them :) We know he's going to love living with retired folk more than us crazy working people. And we are so excited to be able to see him, love him, play with him and of course throw his ball for him every time we go to Utah, and every time Corky and Bryleen make their way to Vegas (which is very frequently). We love you Beau!!! Thanks Corky and Bryleen for making all of this little doggie's dreams come true. (sniff)

14 comments:

{Lindsey} said...

Oh Carrie, I'm so sorry and sad for you and the girlies. But like you said it will be best for him. We had to do that once with a dog we had, it is a hard thing to do. Beau, Beau, Beau...if he has a grassed yard to run, romp and play in...his dream has come true!

Amanda said...

You are kidding us? Beau? Oh my, what a hard thing for you and the girls to do. (Yes I left out Dan!) That is truly a bittersweet decision. And very selfless for you to think of a dog's quality of life. I'm sorry! Thank goodness he's still in the family:)

Diane said...

You have had a VERY emotional week. My goodness. Between selling a house, giving away a dog... I think you are definitely going to need a Calgon moment tonight. We love you guys... and we love Beau too.

Just Us said...

Oh my goodness Carrie. How much more can your heart handle? I want to cry with you too. I know its a good thing for him but sad for you and the girls. We love you guys.

Sammi said...

Lucys only boyfriend is BEAU! I told Lucy and her tail went down I thought Lucy is crying inside.
WE WILL MISS U BEAU!

Kara said...

So Sad. If it makes you feel better when we moved to idaho we had two labs and had to give one away since we were moving to a smaller yard. In the end though I think the dog we kept was jealous of the one we gave away they were much better dog owners=)

Anonymous said...

Carrie, I'm so sorry! This move has been such a hard one for all of you with a ton of changes. I hope it just gets better and better.

CARDON RODEO said...

Oh Carrie!! Someday soon things will start looking up!! (I just know it!!!!)

Megan said...

I am sorry to hear about little Beau! You sure have had some tough days as of late. Hang in there. We are cheering for ya......

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Oh my sweet Carrie! I wish I was there to give you a big Amy squeeze! Your sweet heart has had a LOT to bear for the last several months!

I also want you to know that I didn't ditch on you this week. I think I forgot to tell you that I cancelled the ENTIRE trip to Utah & Zions. Too much stress while moving. However, I am totally going to plan to fly right to you sometime soon!

Hang in there my lovey and call me anytime!

Allens, Inc. said...

Oh brother! You need some popcorn right now. If I could I'd make it for you, nice and buttery. But since it would be gross by the time it got to you, why don't you make it and eat it out of the special bowl. I think you should go visit Aunt Bryleen and make yourself a tape of Beau barking uncontrollably, and when you feel lonely for him blast it over and over and over again until you can't stand it anymore. Then think of how happy he is right at that moment. I am sorry, though. He was quite a prominent member of the family. Maybe think of it as sending him off on a mission? I'll talk to you soon...

The Hills said...

Good grief, I don't even like little dogs and I feel like crying!! We love you and as you must surely know...you are missed!!! Maren

Jelina said...

I am so sad for you. I feel your pain. Good thing he is with family...so not really gone. So...I see you did sell your house. Yeah.

Queenie said...

Carrie, you need a cupcake. Next time I am in St. George I am bringing some down. We are going to miss that little guy too. Do you think your family members will take Beau visitors?