Thursday, April 9, 2009

Bittersweet...

What can I say...the deal is done. The sale is final. I'm glad it's over. Why am I crying? Goodbye little house. I know the new owners will love you as much as we did.
I know it's a blessing. Henderson is a fine place to live, but I will always miss Chestnut Loop.

15 comments:

Darlene said...

That is great that you sold your house, but really hard to leave a place and people you love.

Kara said...

I feel like crying to and I don't even live there anymore=) Im glad its finally done for you though. Thats one less stress!

Sammi said...

I loved your house it was so pretty!

christa said...

Hi Michelle,

I linked over to your blog from Tana's. I am friends with those Hailey girls (Jenn and I lived together in college). Anyway, I love your blog--you have a gift, well, several of them. It is very inspirational.

I was wondering how you get your photos to upload so large and how you get you blog to span the width of the computer screen. I love the clean lines and the huge photos--especially of those little beauties of yours!

Thanks,
Christa

Megan said...

Congrats! That is great news!! :)

Megan said...

Congrats! That is great news!! :)

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Sniff sniff....it is Bitter, Bitter, Bitter B I T T E R Bitter!

Ok, sweet that it isn't a stress for you, but the rest of it BITTER!

To whomever bought your home...if we should ever become friends PLEASE don't be offended that I cannot come to your home. It will be too sad! I will expect a yappy dog to scare the pee out of me when I walk through the front door, a large sun hanging on the wall, my cute girls to give me loves, Dan to welcome me in & my sweet Carrie to be there waiting to settle in and chat for a while, or feed me yummy Carrie Dip and Shrimp! Sigh.....

That being said....now I am really glad that I can have all of those things, whenever I want PLUS plenty of sunshine in the Winter!

Kelli said...

What a stress relief! Congrats!

Amanda said...

Chestnut Loop misses you {sniff}.

Cheryl said...

Good job--I'm sure you'll come to love Henderson too. Change is hard when it involves leaving people and places you love. I'm still learning to love LA. There are blessings everywhere though.

[BrookeO] said...

Oh yeah!

{Lindsey} said...

Congratulations! I'm sure it is bittersweet, but a huge load off your shoulders too!

Jeppson Clan said...

I'm happy for you guys that your house sold, (it is a great house.) but I feel your pain too. It's always hard to leave a place that has such great memories and friends. I'm sorry about your dog too! If you want you are welcome to any of our many snakes, turtles or salamanders. They don't need attention and I'd love to get them out of our house...

Adrie Peterson said...

Carrie,
Wow, I'm glad I never saw your house before you sold it, or I would have pitched a fit and said, "KEEP your house, and rent it out--until you can move back!" That would NOT have been helpful. It's adorable, and believe me when I say, "I completely understand your pain." Because I DO understand exactly how you feel. It will always be a "love" that you'll miss, yet, you'll get over it...except maybe in your dreams! Here's to finding a new "love" that you can become attached to! (That "love" would be another house, in case you didn't get my joke! :)

Allens, Inc. said...

Ooo, I'll have to get the details! Congratulations and my condolences--bittersweet emotions. Two weeks ago you were probably bursting at the seams to get out from under it, but once it actually happens it's sad. I know that feeling. It was a beautiful place. As I said, congrats, and condolences.