{TOP 5} Tuesday: 5 things I never do...but never say never! So I will list them as 'Top 5' things I almost never do just in case I actually do one of them sometime...
1. I (almost) never watch TV before 10pm...if at all.
2. I (almost) never dust...sad, but true.
3. I (almost) never swear....except when I think it's funny :)
4. I (almost) never exercise anymore...I used to very faithfully (I blame Dan)!
5. I (almost) never, EVER, EVER sleep on my stomach...hate that!
And 6 (a side note)...I (almost) never do a post without some random side note...
These little girls earned root beer floats and popcorn by cleaning their room, toys, cleaning the gerbil cage, emptying the dishwasher etc...
I found it very amusing and fascinating how their little minds planned a strategy in STRATEGO (if you don't have that game, go get it). Basically you're trying to 'capture the flag', each member of your army has a number and the higher numbers eliminate lower numbers. Bombs kill everyone except a 3. So (normally) you are trying to hide your flag and protect it by surrounding it by high numbered men and bombs.
When the game began Kallie said, "Sydney always beats me in this game."
This is what I found fascinating...a little six year old (who almost always wins) who has her flag in the corner totally UN-protected by any bombs and surrounded by mostly low numbers. She put ALL of her highest numbers on the front line and was killing off Kallie's army at an alarming rate. I realize that I may be the only one who finds this interesting, but I guess thinking outside the box pays off sometimes! (And yes Kallie was laughing so hard we almost got a nice root beer float shower :)
Here are the remains of Kallie's poor army where her flag had been surrounded by bombs and high ranked military personnel...hmmm. Go figure! (And yes, Syd was just being cheesy because she thought it was hilarious).



9 comments:
That game looks really fun! I think my Seth would be in heaven for sure! :)
Oh, and can you come over sometime and teach me how to french braid?! Wow! So pretty! Thanks! :)
This is Sam's favorite game! It is out all the time! We should get Sam and Sydney to play each other, his stategy is much the same! I love the pictures!
By the way, I don't ever get everything done that I need to either, I think I would go into shock if I did!
That is awesome! I love your blog, and yes, I almost never ever ever get all the things done that i need to also!
I never get everything done, never! Even if you think you do, there is always more, or in my case you forget something like soccer practice or getting someone to do sharing time. (oops)
I love the pictures and I'm waiting for my kids to disappear so that I can make a rootbeer float that I don't have to share.
P.S. The baby in the basket in the first picture is really funny.
I LOVE the picture of Syd at the end--so adorable! I also love that you do upside-down French braids on your girls...beautiful! Your top 5 made me laugh, so thank you!
Carrie,
Thanks for the Stratego strategy. I'll have to try it out next time I play. BTW, how are things in Las Vegas?
-Not Elise, but Trevor (your loving cousin in Missouri)
Love the pics of the girls...they are sooo stinkin cute! I'll have to get that game...it sounds like a fun one. I loved your 'almost' nevers. Thanks for sharing
miss ya!
btw, did you ever decide to join FaceBook?!?!
I love the pictures of your girls. Is that a doll in your fruit basket? Funny, my table basket holds legos! I'm sure missing you!
Post a Comment