Monday, November 17, 2008

CALL 911!

My hubby and I were sound asleep at 2:30 this morning with our window open letting the cool breeze in. I woke up and heard a few noises but figured I was being paranoid so I didn't get up and check it out. Then I heard a HUGE explosion that scared me to death! I elbowed Dan until he woke up and I asked, "What was that noise?" He didn't know so we both jumped out of bed to see what was going on when we heard a second explosion. Dan ran down stairs and while I looked out the window. What I saw about made me puke. Our neighbors car was ON FIRE! And guess who's car was parked right next to it! I ran outside and a lady across the parking lot yelled, "I'm on the phone with 911." Dan (who was in his G's) threw the keys to me and told me to move our car, I did even though I'm not sure how because I was shaking so bad. Anyway...all the rescue vehicles came and got the fire out before the gas tank exploded or anything- thank goodness! They took down my name and number and gave me a case number to check back with them because they suspect criminal activity (the boys tires were slashed last week).

Photobucket

I'm going to say to myself, "It could have been a lot worse." Maybe that will make me feel better:(
Photobucket


This is what the neighbors car looks like.
Photobucket

Photobucket

The only other thing they told me was to contact MY insurance company. So because my teenage neighbor is into trouble and people are blowing up his car...MY INSURANCE COMPANY GETS TO PAY FOR IT! That sucks big time!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is scary and sad do you haveto get a new car?
Sammi

{Jamey} said...

WHAT! That's crazy! I'm sorry you're pretty car is all beat up.

Kara said...

Wow, you need to move to kamas,away from the crime=)BTW my kids will be here thursday and saturday night.

Queenie said...

I am so glad that everything is ok. Only a dear friend would come over at 2:30 in the morning to check on me, and my car wasn't the one burned. Even in a crisis, your still the best.

Adrie Peterson said...

Carrie, sounds like it's time to move to Henderson! Kidding!! I just hope this is the end of the problems for you guys, you deserve better than this! I'm SO relieved that nothing truly tragic happened to you or anyone in your complex. Time to set up the "neighborhood watch system", you know?! Seriously, I'm so glad you are all o.k...don't scare me like that again!

Melanie said...

what a scare! I'm glad everything is OK

Jeppson Clan said...

Holy Canol-ee! That is definitely worse then Coralridge apartments. :)
So sorry about your car, that stinks big time!

Kristin and Jay said...

SCARY! I am glad there wasn't any more damage than there was! Next time don't park by the kids car! =) And if you were in Idaho you wouldn't have heard a thing because your window would be shut and the heater would be blowing =) so good thing you were in a warm climate when that happened =)

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Wow! That made my heart beat fast! Yikes Carrie! I bet that scared the heck out of you.

On a lighter note, I DO have to laugh that there is a picture of the fire stuff in the night. That means that you are a TRUE blogger! I can almost HEAR the thoughts in your head. I am sure your post was composed there before it even made it to the computer! I know, I know...I suffer the same my dear!

I am glad you guys are safe. I am split between being glad that is the only damage done to your vehicle and wanting to CHEW YOU OUT for getting in a driving it next to the flames. I bet you were pretty nervous! YIKES!

Call your insurance, but get the insurance information of the kid next door. You can give that to your insurance company and they will likely try to go after the other insurance. Oh yeah! I was a State Farm Employee! I love insurance knowledge! :)

I know this will make this the LONGEST comment EVER, but Kara's comment about her kids being out of town made me giggle. I mean REALLY GIGGLE! This giggle was not the first today. The first was when I started doing laundry this morning and thinking about packing! WOO HOO! I can't wait to see you!!!!!!!

Holly Ogden said...

That really does suck big time!

On a happier note, I love all the pictures you have posted of your girls and their friends. Darling! You are still the best photographer I know!

[BrookeO] said...

Are you serious --- I'm sorry.

Kelli said...

I can't imagine how scary! And to go out and move your car! That was brave! I'm so sorry!

CARDON RODEO said...

What kind of GETTO city has Dan got you living in. Anthony say's by the looks of it someone made a homeade bomb and threw it under the guys car. CRAZY!!, lets just say I have plenty of room here if you need a place!

Jeppson Clan said...

p.s. I had to add that Dan is such a manly man to send little ol' you out into the flames to move your car. :) You are truly brave super C!

{sheree} said...

So scary! You got some really good pics; it's definitely been cleaned up a lot!
I love your blog! :)

Anonymous said...

Carrie that is sooo scary!!Like you said it could have been worse. I am glad you guys are o.k. So sad about your car, but like Holly said you're the best photographer. Your girls look so darling!

Allens, Inc. said...

Sheesh, I've never seen a melted bumper before. As I read your story, I pictured Mission Impossible music in the background as you (in slow-mo) catch the keys from Dan, run out into the parking lot in your pink bathrobe and curlers, explosions all around you...jump into your car and back it away from danger as the boy's car explodes into a mushroom cloud, as the music crescendos!! Bam! Carrie saves the day! Was I pretty close? You're the coolest (and so is Dan in his g's).