Monday, November 24, 2008

Moon Sand...

Sydney wants some of this for Christmas...has anyone ever tried it? Is it worth the $$$ or is it just a big mess? Please help!


7 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

LOVE IT!! Jake got some a few months ago. It is a HUGE hit! I love the stuff. It comes in such a nice little package and a nice little play mat that also serves as a place to store it.

You know how I am about messes and I even let MAL play with it all the time. I might even get her some of her own. I like it better than Playdough.

Does that help?

Kara said...

I vote BIG FAT MESS! But I don't have the play mat so maybe that helps. I am getting something called magformers. They are magnetic building blocks with the magnet fused in the plastic (so no parts for babies to swallow). It got great reviews on the today show,amazon and a couple other shows. Just a suggestion!

Abbie said...

I was recently told no way on that stuff. I wasn't in the market, so I don't remember the exact reason, but I think it might have been hard to get out of carpet. I know, not very helpful, but I heard no and didn't think any further. Maybe the playmate does help? ;)

Megan said...

I vote for big fat mess! I bought if for my kids and thought it would be "fun" to get bright colors. Big mistake. But, Syd is probably old enough to play with it and not mush it into the carpet. I like play-doh better. Not so messy! Good luck!

Kelli said...

I got Moon Sand for Tyler a year ago or so. It was a big mess, and none of the kids really liked playing with it, it just wasn't what it seemed. I ended up throwing it away not too long after we bought it.

Holly Ogden said...

Lucy got some for her bday last year and she loved it. Noah and Grace loved playing with it as well. But I have to say I was not a big fan. I actually made them play with it outside on the deck so we could just sweep it off to get rid of it! It is pretty messy stuff. But lots of fun....

Tana said...

Don't Do It. Big fat mess. And I'm not too freaky about messes, play dough is better. But if you have to get it, it gets scattered, destroyed, mixed pretty quickly, in which case you can just throw it away. So, if you are really getting pressured...go for it. It won't last the week. But I still vote, BFM.